The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most valuable teams according to forbes

spacekadet

I dont disagree with soccer. Soccer is probably the biggest sport in the world. It just surprises me that football Which i see as a purely American sport gets every team on their and not places like vancouver montreal boston ny toronto. I see hockey as a bigger global market than football.

Remember the NHL playoff numbers last year? How many people watched the supposedly "toughest trophy to win in all sports"? like... 2,000?

The 1000th repeat of Pawn Stars, S01E04 had more viewers than NHL stanley cup finals.

Not even hockey fans care about hockey, some of the time. But in America, the superbowl is like a cultural event, regardless of which teams are involved.

Those soccer teams have really misleading numbers. Real Madrid, Manchester United, for example, are so heavily crippled by debt, it's hard to believe they're valued so high. God bless those asian markets!

But that's not why the teams are valued so much higher, it is only because the NFL teams get a cut of the massive TV deals that the NFL has. About 2/3rds of all revenue comes from TV, with the other 1/3rd coming from ticket, jersey sales and other streams. The NFL knows how to sell it's product much better than any of the other North American sports, and the team owners are the beneficiaries.

what makes this canucks talk?............it's their placing on the list, thats what. it is hard for a canucks fan to believe they are not one of the 50 most valued teams in the world.

this is a canucks reality check. did you pass the test?

Granted impossible to beat and NFL size TV deal but the leafs rake in the cash bigtime. If they don't make a list that takes 600 million to get on they are not that far off.

I would suspect the canucks are worth about two thirds if you include the stadium in the deal.

Archived