The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israeli tourist bus bombed in Bulgaria

Special Ed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/07/18/bulgar-israelis-bus-bombing.html?cmp=rss

Israel's prime minister has blamed Iran for the deadly blast that struck a bus of Israeli tourists in Bulgaria and is promising a tough response.

Benjamin Netanyahu says "all signs point to Iran" in Wednesday's blast in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas, some 400 kilometres east of the capital, Sofia.

At least three Israeli tourists were killed.

Netanyahu noted that the attack follows similar attempts in India, Georgia, Thailand, Kenya and Cyprus in recent months.

Burgas, Bulgaria

He said "this is an Iranian terror attack that is spreading across the world" and that "Israel will react strongly to Iran's terror."

Witnesses told Israeli media that the huge blast occurred soon after someone boarded the vehicle.

Bulgaria, an eastern European nation, is a popular tourist destination for Israelis.

Although it was not yet certain what caused the blast, Israeli tourists have been targeted in attacks before before, namely in India, Thailand and Azerbaijan. Israel foe Iran is suspected of being behind these assaults.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Jonathan Rosenzweig said a flight from Tel Aviv had landed at a quarter to 5 p.m. local time and that the blast took place about 40 minutes later.

----------

Well since so many posters here prefer to post every single tidbit, of anti Israeli rhetoric they can find. I will post this. If it were a Palestinian tourist bus I wonder how fast the story would be posted here. And if anyone would have bothered posting this story if i didn't.

Yeah oh well it's just an Israeli tourist bus. It's expected to get bombed. 2-way street right is that what you mean? Or do you care to elaborate on your rediculous comment, that somehow suggests Israel and those tourists in any form, had this coming. The tourists taking that bus would like to hear your explanation.

Where did I say I love Israel? I'm just tired of how one-sided the arguement is. For one thing, dead women and children being murdered by the Israeli military still doesn't justify this attack. On more women and children. And the fact you would even mention that without a source is slanderous. At least back it up with a story or evidence. I mean this was in Bulgaria it's not a war zone. On a tourist bus, doesn't get more cowardly than that. Pure terrorism in the truest form.

You think the Western media is one sided towards the Palestinians LOL

I DONT CONDONE THE MURDER OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS, I DONT CONDONE THE MURDER OF SOLDIERS DONE BY ORDERS OF SOME FAT POLITICIANS, I HAVE NO DOG IN THIS FIGHT.

IM JUST SICK OF PROPAGANDA FROM BOTH SIDES.

THE PEOPLE WHO DIED ON THIS BUS DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE....BUT THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED BLOWBACK YOU SHOULD RESEARCH.......

Wow. So Israel bombed their own people on a tourist bus in another country. Just because they needed another reason to attack Iran?

:picard:

[edit] A +3 for one of the most illogical theories I have ever seen. Just goes to show you why the minus button is better off being gone on CDC.

If you really think Israel bombed their own tourists JUST so they could attack Iran. I'm just going to go ahead and say this. And I don't do this often, but I have to say the truth.

You're stupid.

If you think that a gov't has never or will never kill its own people in order to pursue its own agenda.....then you're not stupid, you're naive and willfully ignorant....which is worse than stupidity, because at least stupidity can be alleviated with education. Your willful naivety and ignorance will continue to deflect whatever doesn't fit into your narrow and uneducated belief structure, leaving you the half-wit, and that's putting it generously, that you appear to be.

If you think that a gov't has never or will never kill its own people in order to pursue its own agenda.....then you're not stupid, you're naive and willfully ignorant....which is worse than stupidity, because at least stupidity can be alleviated with education. Your willful naivety and ignorance will continue to deflect whatever doesn't fit into your narrow and uneducated belief structure, leaving you the half-wit, and that's putting it generously, that you appear to be.

Archived