The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israeli tourist bus bombed in Bulgaria

Special Ed

I'd disagree. If anything I'd say the opposite is going on. People are using this tragedy as an opportunity to portray the Israelis, who are in this case the victim, as the aggressors. We've even had posters go as far as to blame the Israeli government themselves for the deaths.

As soon as it was reported that the perpetrator might not be Iranian, the internet and this board absolutely lit up with accusations.

Meanwhile, some posters have accussed Iran as the most likely suspect. Not entirely unfair as they've already been busted six times in the last year. What's a seventh. As for Netanyahu's comments, of course he is going to say that. The response to any form of attack is to always who no signs of weakness. It's no different than the words used by the Iranian leaders after the last assassination:

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=253356

In fact, the words are eerily similar and pretty much par for the course for any middle eastern leader, where showing strength is paramount.

Its irrelevant whether Iran or Hezbolla or the tooth fairy was behind the bombing. Israel needs a scapegoat or villain to advance its propaganda. Iran is the current bogeyman and what better event to advance their desire for military intervention against Iran than to blame Iran.

One by one Israel's enemies have fallen by the wayside. Iraq's Saddam Hussein gone. Libya's Gaddafi gone. Syria's Assad soon to be gone. The biggest enemy yet to follow: Iran. Time to beat the war drums.

The underlying point of repression of a woman's sexuality by covering her up, and then selling it as an act of piety rather than the act of subservience it really is, is otherwise an obviously and externally visible shared characteristic for those of the female form in almost all religions.

Religion is a man-made concept of control and power.....emphasis on man and control.

Women aren't in charge of creating or shaping religions....ever wonder why? How you can belong to an organization that has and continues to treat women as materially 2nd class citizens is beyond me.....and probably beyond your ability to come up with a valid reason or excuse....though I'd bet your last Jesus cracker, that you sure as hell will try. ;)

All signs point to a Hezbollah terrorist attack. And as we all know, Hezbollah's patron-state is Iran.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/world/europe/explosion-on-bulgaria-tour-bus-kills-at-least-five-israelis.html?_r=1&ref=world

In addition to the obscene number of attacks that have occurred against Israeli CIVILIANS abroad in the past year, known to be perpetrated by Iran/Hezbollah (in Thailand, India, Cyprus, Georgia, etc.), the attack came on the anniversary of the Hezbollah/Iranian bombing of the Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires, Argentina (which resulted in dozens of dead Jewish civilians.)

Enough defending this terrorist regime.

All signs point to a Hezbollah terrorist attack. And as we all know, Hezbollah's patron-state is Iran.

http://www.nytimes.c...?_r=1&ref=world

In addition to the obscene number of attacks that have occurred against Israeli CIVILIANS abroad in the past year, known to be perpetrated by Iran/Hezbollah (in Thailand, India, Cyprus, Georgia, etc.), the attack came on the anniversary of the Hezbollah/Iranian bombing of the Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires, Argentina (which resulted in dozens of dead Jewish civilians.)

http://www.nytimes.c...?_r=1&ref=world

Good luck with that. The guy already has a big agenda against Iran and it doesn't surprise me that he is the first to blame Iran for every incident, whether its a bomb that goes off on a tourist bus that kills a bunch of Israelis or his toilet gets clogged. He has already lost credibility so I don't even know why people would take him seriously when he already is biased and vindictive towards Iran. I don't take the words of him and Ahmadinejad seriously, both are obviously trying to push their propaganda. The funny thing here is that people buy his words as gospel. Just because the Iranians "ATTEMPTED" to kill of a bunch of Israelis in the previous attacks, doesn't mean that every attack after that should automatically be deemed an Iranian attack. I call it the 9/11 syndrome where all the people started talking about terrorists whenever a balloon popped. People just like to hear what they believe instead of analyzing the article and gathering facts before judging and pointing fingers. When a poster is saying "I lean towards something just because" automatically signals the fact that they already have chosen a side.

With modesty? The first thing I actually noticed from the picture you posted is that each of the women are smiling and look happy! So whut da big dilly?

One can argue the opposing perspective as well, by putting up pictures of scantily clad women to portray how they have been subjected and the objectified in today's society like pieces of meat and skin to be conquered and devoured...as if they are wild game.

In my opinion, it is a sad testament of where our society is today when there is a 'problem' with women covering up yet images portraying naked or abused women are deemed acceptable and utilized to impress and attract consumers, on top of shows and concepts like 'Toddlers and Tiaras' being considered as forms of compelling entertainment. The problem today seems to be with any women who does not wish to show her skin.

Speaking solely for the religion I adhere to (Islam), there are many who convert to Islam (even here locally) and most of the converts are actually women who choose to cover themselves up and by their own accounts they feel liberated. Many of them say that while covered it forces people to deal with their minds as opposed to their bodies and/or attributes.

And if women are going to be mentioned then why not include men as well since many religious men wear full-covering robes and many also cover their heads.

Was I talking to you?

Nope..

How about that - sticking your nose where it doesn't belong eh?

How hypocritical of you....

Yes, I agree somewhat - religion isn't the issue - it's man - and how the few use it to force power and take power from others...

BTW - stick to the topic please - this thread has nothing to do with religion nor your hatred of it. Your rules - remember?

Good post, but I have to admit that I can't help but to sympathize with the Palestinians more.

Iran's being pushed as the next country to get it for quite some time now, so the finger pointing isn't surprising.

It was also never about religion. It always had to do with male dominance over women, and it probably dates back to the caveman era. Men just like to think they are superior to women in all aspects and it has been like that in a religious and non-religious settings, thus they treat women differently. I guess its just easier to blame religion for everything instead of stupidity of man.

a

I just sympathize with the innocent people that are getting killed, whether they are Israeli, Iranian, Iraqi ect. After all, I have Iranian friends and Israeli friends and they both hangout with each other without conflict and both are against their own government.

Actually, you were making a general statement, which was rebutting another general statement about religion and its treatment of women.

Case in point

See, a general statement in rebuttal to another general statement.

My general statement was in line with the topic of both your and TR's general statements that were made to the rest of those in this thread. Just as TR wasn't speaking to you directly before you decided to respond to him, so I decided to respond to the general statement you made.

Not hypocritical, and completely well within the rules.

Nice try....but once again, you come up looking childish and petty in trying to play your little tit-for-tat game.

It's sad that you can't even come up with a half-decent argument anymore.

By the way, I was referring to men when I said "man", as in, men repressing women's sexuality through the power and control they wield through religion. You still haven't been able to address that I see. A shame that you were more pre-occupied with trying to make yourself feel better with your half-assed attempt at retribution.

Archived