Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

(ARTICLE) Beware of the Unproven Goalie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
231 replies to this topic

#211 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

wow are you one to talk.
after reading your posts slamming luongo at pretty much any chance possible and you wont even debate someone when they put up a valid argument why Luongo actually is an amazing goaltender in despite his flaws... yeah, its way easier to just flip it around, throw out a one liner for an answer and hope people are dumb enough to not notice.

heres a fact for you.. you can use the "ive played goal in juniour" argument all you like, it matters not when you represent yourself poorly on here.. to anyone thats read your incessent bashing of luongo on here its pretty obvious that you're set on defaming the guy.. yet youre telling downunda that hes only looking at positives and leaving out the negetives??
youre ridiculous.. RIDICULOUS

I'm not saying he wasn;t great at times..or in the past...I'm just saying Schneider is NOW better....Management seem to agree as they have opted to keep schneids....ever wonder why?

#212 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm not saying he wasn;t great at times..or in the past...I'm just saying Schneider is NOW better....Management seem to agree as they have opted to keep schneids....ever wonder why?

Business. He's younger, he's cheaper, and he's proven he is a very, very good goalie. For Canucks management, it's not entirely just about "who is better".

#213 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

You keep replying to long, thoughtful posts backed with facts with a one-liner, which usually doesn't even try to contradict the presented evidence, but attacking the poster. Stop. I don't mind you arguing your side, but it's impossible to argue with your one liners, and in turn, you think you've won the argument.

EDIT: So it's ancient history to you, and his take on it, so what is your take on it?

Only because these are repeat posts...how many times can you offer a rebuttal to these long tirades of his.. and nowhere have I indicated that I won the argument...thats your take on it and incorrect. I have never stated Luongo has not been a very good goalie or is washed up now. Based on my experience with goaltenders and my stance echoed by others (including management),, Schneider is NOW better and is the guy going forward. Otherwise, they would keep the better goalie. Its about winning, the Canuck owners make tons of money but are in it to win !! Downunda never recognizes Schneiders stats and superiority, he just quotes 05. 07 ....5-7 years ago...its all about...what have you done for me lately !! You can;t argue against passion...its a numbers game , through in some chemistry and you can succeedin closing.....its really hard convincing 17 yr olds !!

#214 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Business. He's younger, he's cheaper, and he's proven he is a very, very good goalie. For Canucks management, it's not entirely just about "who is better".

That, and they truly beleive that they can get a great return from trading luongo.. and why wouldn't they?

Lu is a proven goaltender, which may be to the contrary of popular belief according to some people on here, people who simply think Lu is "on the decline" and "past his prime", people who give him ZERO credit for what he's done here for the Canucks and prefer to slam him for his faults..
Regardless of the lunacy displayed by spoiled Canucks fans who simply are too young or blind to know how bad we used to have it when it came to the goaltending position, Luongo is still a very adept goaltender.. he may not be amazing like he was in years past, but what.. that's like saying Willie Mitchell was no longer a good defender after suffering that concussion.. clearly this was incorrect. Same with Salo.. injury prone, sure.. getting older, sure.. is he still not a great defensemen? I would argue he's still a great defenseman and will be until he's ready to retire.

Just cause Lu is getting older and wasn't able to win a cup in the city he's considered to be some kind of waste of time and money.. Its actually hillarious how many people give him little to no credit at all and think that he hasn't been traded yet because nobody wants him. Simply delusional ideas.. Apparently Gillis should already have traded him and got back 6 first round draft picks, a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman.. oh, and according to these forums he should also have never signed Luongo to that massive contract but its fine to sign Weber to an even larger albatross of a contract. This to me is proof of retardation.

The more I think about it, some of the fans in this city are literally hopeless.. they don't know what they want and they don't know just how good they have it.. its proven time and time again on here. Sad.

Anyway, whichever team Lu is traded to I gaurantee he makes that team not just a bit better, but MUCH better. I think people here have forgotten just how stellar of a goaltender he is.. like anything else in life, the grass is NOT always greener.. remember that.

Posted Image

#215 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Only because these are repeat posts...how many times can you offer a rebuttal to these long tirades of his.. and nowhere have I indicated that I won the argument...thats your take on it and incorrect. I have never stated Luongo has not been a very good goalie or is washed up now. Based on my experience with goaltenders and my stance echoed by others (including management),, Schneider is NOW better and is the guy going forward. Otherwise, they would keep the better goalie. Its about winning, the Canuck owners make tons of money but are in it to win !! Downunda never recognizes Schneiders stats and superiority, he just quotes 05. 07 ....5-7 years ago...its all about...what have you done for me lately !! You can;t argue against passion...its a numbers game , through in some chemistry and you can succeedin closing.....its really hard convincing 17 yr olds !!

Maybe not with those exact words, but you really expect people who have read your posts to beleive this? Get real. You may have a short memory, but I certainly dont. Just accept the fact that you have a vendetta against the guy instead of backpeddling now and making yourself sound stupid.
That'd be like me saying "well, I never said I'd like to see Mason Raymond off the roster".. yknow what, I did.. I have said that numerous times and I stand by it. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong.. at least I won't go back on what I said. You on the other hand seem to have no problem with it.

IMO you have little credibility and you continue to prove that.

Posted Image

#216 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,167 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

It is going to be interesting to see how Bobby Luo handles riding the pine if Gillis can not trade him.

This is not the situation you put Luo or your team in.

#217 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Maybe not with those exact words, but you really expect people who have read your posts to beleive this? Get real. You may have a short memory, but I certainly dont. Just accept the fact that you have a vendetta against the guy instead of backpeddling now and making yourself sound stupid.
That'd be like me saying "well, I never said I'd like to see Mason Raymond off the roster".. yknow what, I did.. I have said that numerous times and I stand by it. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm wrong.. at least I won't go back on what I said. You on the other hand seem to have no problem with it.

Point made...but I'm not likely to have my feelings hurt by a 17 yr old !!

#218 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Point made...but I'm not likely to have my feelings hurt by a 17 yr old !!

and if you like. I'll enroll you in goaltending 101 !!

#219 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

why do the canucks have to trade one of the best goalies in the NHL????
oh yea thats right are dumb fans listen too the even dumber media

Luongo will be the best goalie the canucks ever had

:picard: i hope we dont go back to the goalie graveyard days

I'm not hating on schneider, he has potential but Luuu is proven... He is the reason why we are an elite team

I know that there are alot of Luongo lover's that are in denial that he is really on his way out. But come on.

I'm huge Luongo lover, Imo he is undoubtly the best goaltender in our franchise history, he is the main reason we have the team we do today.

But

This team will be no different with Cory starting next year, either goalie gives our team a great chance to win, Cory is already a #1 goalie and he has the potential to be an aboslute star, and I don't think there is any reason (other than peoples opinions) to say that's not the case.

Bottom line is, it's time for Lu to go, he doesn't wanna be here anymore, he's accepted that it's time to move on and he is looking to the positive, I'm really going to miss him and I'm happy for him, I hope he does well and I will be a huge fan. But I'm happy with Cory moving forward aswell.

I think this is a good move for the team and Roberto.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 22 July 2012 - 08:11 PM.

zackass.png

#220 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

you may be right, but I dont think so.. I think Cory is now on the clock.. how can he not be? if he wants the starting gig then he's gonna realize real soon what it means to be on the "hot seat". I beleive schnieder is a great goalie and has the potential to do really well, however you mean to tell me that if pur defense as a whole has a poor season or playoffs (like they did recently versus LA) or if our offense dries up and cant score a pp goal to save their lives that this time people will magically point the finger at those reasons rather than Schnieder?

Sorry.. I wish I could say I had more respect for the hockey knowledge our fans in this city have, but after all the undeserved hate that luongo recieved having "singlehandedly losing us the cup" that so many people seem to beleive, I dont think much will change.. fans seem to be incapable of blaming anyone else but the goaltender for letting in the goals when they look up at the scoreboard. Mark my words, there will be a game during the season where schnieder willget lit up, and the posts will begin.."why did we trade luongo" "did we make a big mistake". sad and lame, but true. Schnieder may have a longer rope at the moment but its naive to think it will boil down any differently for him. playoffs or reg season.. no matter, the first game that schnieder loses on account of one or two bad goals is the game that he will make enemies in this city since goalies here are not allowed to make mistakes.

I dont know about all of this, I dont think this is how it would play out.
As long as Cory gives the team a chance to win more often than not, I think everybody would stay off his back. If the team plays games in which they cant score more than one or two and Cory gives up two or three on 40+ shots for example, who is going to give him a hard time? We've seen this before in games he's played. Sure, during the season he'll probably get lit up a few times, it happens to every goalie and it certainly happens to Luongo as well. Since all of Luongo's implosions and the emergence of Cory, who had begrudged Luongo a bad regular season game? I hadn't for a long time, no reason Cory should not be given the same kind of slack.
Now, if we continually have a dominant regular season team and we go into the playoffs every year with high expectations, or even as the favorites as we have the last two years. If Cory ends up appearing weak and frazzled for no particular reason and getting blasted for piles of goals on minimal shots in elimination games or select others during points in series year after year, people will probably turn on him as they have with Luongo. Really when the same pattern emerges with one player on an annual basis, how can they not lose favor with the people who watch them? And what makes the diehards think that the following year will be any different? This is the story of Luongo in the playoffs.
Based on what we have all seen from Cory so far, what are the odds he will become the same as that?

#221 jsihota15

jsihota15

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

or The team is the reason Lou was an elite goalie !!! Lou was middle of the pack on a winning team last year....a disturbing fact !!

Did you watch the second half of the season? The team was definitely not the reason why he was an elite goalie. Luu and Cory carried the team after the all star break. We all know what happened in the playoffs. The goalies are the only ones you can't put the blame on.

#222 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Did you watch the second half of the season? The team was definitely not the reason why he was an elite goalie. Luu and Cory carried the team after the all star break. We all know what happened in the playoffs. The goalies are the only ones you can't put the blame on.

....and...Lou was middle of the pack in stats...while Schneider was top 3...can;t put the blame on the team for that...Lou has benefited the last 2 seasons playing on an elite team...he had a great season 2 years ago but last season regressed...was trying to point out that a great team in front can makes any goalie look good..

#223 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

I apologize for my assumption that you've think you won, but I stand by the fact that a post should have an opinion backed by facts and evidence, as one liners don't move the discussion forward.

I agree that Schneider is probably going to do well with the Canucks, but I disagree that he is better than Luongo. Management made the decision to go with the younger guy, not necessarily because of straight up raw talent. I don't appreciate you bringing up age though.

#224 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

I apologize for my assumption that you've think you won, but I stand by the fact that a post should have an opinion backed by facts and evidence, as one liners don't move the discussion forward.

I agree that Schneider is probably going to do well with the Canucks, but I disagree that he is better than Luongo. Management made the decision to go with the younger guy, not necessarily because of straight up raw talent. I don't appreciate you bringing up age though.

Its my age and experience (read 43 years) of goaltending involvement that gives me the opions that I share here. How can a 17 or 20 yr old even have had the time or resources to gain that much experience? Without that experience , all thats left is supposition and personal belief, based on what? Fans watch hockey games but can't analyze what they are seeing. They see results but often don;t understand the cause. Lou is an NHL goalie, so, he must be good enough. I just don;t see him as an elite goalie because I see the consistant fundamental flaws in his game. Its what I look at ! Schneider is technically far better than Lou, has no glaring flaws to be exploited(other than puck handling) and its the reason he is having more success. Its not rocket scince but it is a science. Its mathematics..its angles, percentages, options.. more proactive than reactive, .and so misunderstood that teams hire goalies to teach goalies. Most bench coaches have no idea how to analyze or fix a broken goalie. Most people here don;t understand what I'm talking about, its a foreign language to anyone but a goalie.I look at it like a mechanic.
As much as I fear Lous style, I was was elated in 2010-11 season when Melanson reinvented Lou and he had a great season which was verified by his stats. In the playoffs, he did not adopt the style which had been so successful during the season. He had some magical games followed up by some very poor games. He showed inconsistancy and poor fundamentals. People think its pressure and thats anyones guess, certainly a possibility.. Lou reverted to his pre Melanson style last season and his GAA rose to 2.42 vs 2.11 the season before. Again, the stats verify his poorer play . Why he would revert back to his old style is anyones guess, but definitely not a smart move. In doing so, he opened the door for Schneider to skate through. IMO, had he played like the season before, the choice of which goalie to keep would have been much more difficult. Only Lou knows what prompted that strategy !

#225 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Its my age and experience (read 43 years) of goaltending involvement that gives me the opions that I share here. How can a 17 or 20 yr old  even have had the time or resources to gain that much experience? Without that experience , all thats left is supposition and personal belief, based on what?  Fans watch hockey games but can't analyze what they are seeing. They see results but often don;t understand the cause. Lou is an NHL goalie, so, he must be good enough. I just don;t see him as an elite goalie because I   see the consistant fundamental flaws in his game. Its what I look at ! Schneider is technically far better than Lou, has no glaring flaws to be exploited(other than puck handling) and its the reason he is having more success. Its not rocket scince  but it is a science. Its mathematics..its angles, percentages, options.. more proactive than reactive, .and so misunderstood that teams hire goalies to teach goalies. Most bench coaches have no idea  how to analyze or fix a broken goalie. Most people here don;t understand what I'm talking about, its a foreign language to anyone but a goalie.I look at it like a mechanic.
  As much as I fear Lous style, I was was elated in 2010-11 season when Melanson reinvented Lou and he had a great season which was verified by his stats. In the playoffs, he did not adopt the style which had been so successful during the season. He had some magical games followed up by some very poor games. He showed inconsistancy and poor fundamentals. People think its pressure and thats anyones guess, certainly a possibility.. Lou reverted to his pre Melanson style last season and his GAA rose to 2.42 vs 2.11 the season before. Again, the stats verify his poorer play . Why he would revert back to his old style is anyones guess, but definitely not a smart move. In doing so, he opened the door for Schneider to skate through. IMO, had he played like the season before, the choice of which goalie to keep would have been much more difficult. Only Lou knows what prompted that strategy !

Good post! I am not a goalie nor a goalie coach, analyst or whatever you are. However, in my observations, I was of the opinion that Luongo was letting more softy shots in under Melansson, because he had him playing farther back in his crease to gaurd the back door pass. It is my opinion that Luongo should stop the shots and his defense should handle the back door. When Luu is out challenging the shooter he is probably the most difficult or one of the most difficult to get the puck by. It was voted by the in 07 or 08 that he was the most "intimidating" goalie, or something to that effect. The thing I noticed was the Blackhawks exploited our defense more than Luongo and were able to get everything across to the backdoor. Luongo then started watching the back door and pucks starting going through him. IMO he was most effective pre- Melansson era. But i don't have stats to back it up, hehe. Just my observations.

#226 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Good post! I am not a goalie nor a goalie coach, analyst or whatever you are. However, in my observations, I was of the opinion that Luongo was letting more softy shots in under Melansson, because he had him playing farther back in his crease to gaurd the back door pass. It is my opinion that Luongo should stop the shots and his defense should handle the back door. When Luu is out challenging the shooter he is probably the most difficult or one of the most difficult to get the puck by. It was voted by the in 07 or 08 that he was the most "intimidating" goalie, or something to that effect. The thing I noticed was the Blackhawks exploited our defense more than Luongo and were able to get everything across to the backdoor. Luongo then started watching the back door and pucks starting going through him. IMO he was most effective pre- Melansson era. But i don't have stats to back it up, hehe. Just my observations.

His GAA under Melanson was a career best 2.11 during the regular season...as I wrote...he did not stick with what made him successful during the season and returned to bad habits....might have been the pressure or the new style was not fully ingrained in him..but his performances were inconsistant from game to game during the playoffs. Lou played deeper because oh his poor lateral movement and skating..he also has a poor butterfly and does not seal off the bottom of the net well. All things Melanson was trying to work with him on. Lous size 15 feet and bowlegs physically limit his abilityto perform certain movements. Teams have figured Lou out !

#227 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

Jimmy has been alright, but he's easily the worst starting goalie to wear the jersey since Manny Legace. I don't know if Detroit feels 'secure' about him long term.

Question marks with both of these guys, one is still learning, the other is running out of runway. Key problem: Both of these guys are behind questionable defense, so if they don't stand out, they will get lit up.

Both of these guys were horrible in the playoffs, and Bryz couldn't even stay consistent in the regular season. Fleury has had his share of inconsistent goaltending also in recent years, Brent Johnson has bailed him out a few times. While it's easier to forgive Fleury as he helped deliver a Stanley Cup, Bryz will have a lot to prove come next season.

Winning a Cup as a rookie does wonders for your reputation. Unfortunately it doesn't mean you actually made a difference, especially the way Chicago embarrassed Nashville, Vancouver, the Sharks and Philly on the scoreboard.

Niemi is an accomplished goalie, but I don't think he's really anything special.

Dont forget Ottawa if they're going into the season with Anderson as their starter they're gonna have a bad time

#228 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,448 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

There is no "everyone" to which you refer.

There once was a younger goalie who had a good season and then was average - therefore if the Canucks trade Luongo they will go downhill. Your negative expectations are no more intelligent than anyone else's positive ones - if anything they are less informed becaues you are ignoring what Schneider's actual performance and consistency indicate. Of course, with any player, their is a chance their career doesn't proceed as expected - but that is unpredictable. What people see, people like, and there is no reason to believe that isn't the real Cory Schneider.

Stop telling people to stop jumping the gun. What you are doing is no different - you are jumping the gun with your doom and gloom expectations. That's fine - that's your opinion. I don't find it convincing.

Exactly my point.

What I am trying to reiterate here is that there is a gamble with Schneider in net, much more so than with Luongo, and the Canucks want to win a Cup within the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Basically, winning the Cup will come down to a lot of things, some of which aren't in anyone's control, but for the things that are controllable MG will have to roll a few dice and go with the team that gives him the best possibility to win a Cup.

With Schneider, we have a possibility that he will not cope with the added pressure of a full-time position, and a possibility that he will struggle in the big games and playoffs because we have not seen him in this situation before.

Basically, this possibility is much higher than Luongo failing during the season and playoffs, which is much lower because we have seen year after year what Luongo can do as a starter. He has churned out multiple 30-win seasons with consistency throughout his career despite the team in front of him and has come up big time and time again in the important games during the playoffs.

This is all I ask CDC fans - realise the difference in probabilities between Luongo playing poorly and letting us down in the playoffs and Schneider not being able to handle the extra work load. Sure, Schneider could become an NHL legend and many people talk about him being a future Vezina winner but again, the realistic probability of him becoming one of the league's greatest net minders is so slim you can't get carried away with it.

The best thing for crazy fans to do is keep some perspective and think realistically. The problem is most fans remember the blowouts of Luongo and the stellar performances by Schneider, but at the end of the day when it's all said and done Luongo as a starter gives us a much higher probability and chance of having regular season success and playoff success as well.
Posted Image

#229 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

Exactly my point.

What I am trying to reiterate here is that there is a gamble with Schneider in net, much more so than with Luongo, and the Canucks want to win a Cup within the next 2 or 3 seasons.

Basically, winning the Cup will come down to a lot of things, some of which aren't in anyone's control, but for the things that are controllable MG will have to roll a few dice and go with the team that gives him the best possibility to win a Cup.

With Schneider, we have a possibility that he will not cope with the added pressure of a full-time position, and a possibility that he will struggle in the big games and playoffs because we have not seen him in this situation before.

Basically, this possibility is much higher than Luongo failing during the season and playoffs, which is much lower because we have seen year after year what Luongo can do as a starter. He has churned out multiple 30-win seasons with consistency throughout his career despite the team in front of him and has come up big time and time again in the important games during the playoffs.

This is all I ask CDC fans - realise the difference in probabilities between Luongo playing poorly and letting us down in the playoffs and Schneider not being able to handle the extra work load. Sure, Schneider could become an NHL legend and many people talk about him being a future Vezina winner but again, the realistic probability of him becoming one of the league's greatest net minders is so slim you can't get carried away with it.

The best thing for crazy fans to do is keep some perspective and think realistically. The problem is most fans remember the blowouts of Luongo and the stellar performances by Schneider, but at the end of the day when it's all said and done Luongo as a starter gives us a much higher probability and chance of having regular season success and playoff success as well.

Nobody has seriously disputed Luongo's regular season ability, that is not his problem at all.
Despite what you seem to think, it really is the playoffs that give him a hard time. What part of three playoff seasons and Luongo having some massive failures in all of them do you not comprehend? There is no reason whatsoever to believe that if we keep rolling with Luongo in the playoffs that he wont continue to have these bizarre epic failure games. We are not talking about a one-off after all, this has become a pattern with Luongo, one game he is stellar and the next game he is crap. The team cannot count on him when it matters the most, the organization nor the fans know which Luongo will show up on a game to game basis.
Cory may not have "proven" anything in the NHL yet, but it seems very clear that the team will know that they have someone who is steady at the very least every game. The same cannot be said for Luongo, in the postseason anyway.

#230 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Every goalie was unproven at some point. Rinne, Quick, Price on and on. It's time to give Schneids a shot at proving himself. We owe it to the guy - we drafted him first round, developed him slowly and he played the back up role quite impressively on and off the ice.

Luongo was the best goalie this franchise ever had. But his contract no longer makes sense with the Canucks with the emergence of a young goalie. Lu had pretty decent chance for the cup for a couple of years and a really good chance for a few years. Nothing came of it. I think both management and Luongo feel it's time for a new start.

I think the readiness of Schneider is no longer an issue.

#231 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Exactly my point.

You feel differently about the situation then most fans and management but everyone is entitled to there opinion. Most of us don't want Lou in net in the playoffs because we have seen what he can do.

I do not believe that Zack is going to ever be more then a 4th liner and I think his potential is overrated, BUT I hope I'm wrong and that he will be great. I have to ask you this do you hope your wrong about Cory? Do you hope he will be better the Lou or do you want to see him fail? I want to know where you stand on Cory because I could care less about what you think about Lou he is as good as gone. Now man up and answer the question, do you want to see Cory play well or fail for the Canucks.

#232 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Exactly my point.

I'll leave you with one point to mull over, Lou gave up almost 1/2 a goal per game more than Schneider last season. That translates into spotting the opposition 1/2 a goal before the game even starts. The laws of probability state that its more likely you'll lose with Lou than Schneider. Slice it anyway you want but taking into account Schneiders superiorty from a technical stance and Lous propensity to give up more goals and its a no brainer who you play . Its not just crazy fans but management that have a polar perspective and see this realistically...to coin your phrase.There is no apparent means to get you to see the light so I'll stop trying. You are inflexible and set in your views, uninformed and closed minded.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.