The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2012/6/26/3117738/2012-13-NHL-Restricted-Free-Agencyrfa-compensation-table-offer-sheets

Ok, so Dreger said 'upwards' of $100M. I would be 4 - 1st round pick compensation if the deal was $119M or more.

So if it's under that amount, then compensation is only "Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd" as per article. Gillis has a 1st rounder next yr and could get one in a Lu deal. Yowsa.

But as some have said, Weber can still demand a trade next yr. But if he signs an offer sheet and Nashville doesn't match, isn't he bound to that 14 yr contract starting next season? What's going on in the world today.

I love Poile, he's as honest as an NHL GM could be but if NSH loses Weber Poile should be fired. He lost Hamhuis and Suter without anything in return. Now he's on the verge of losing the best Dman in the world. If I'm ownership (I wish) I hold Poile responsible.

Unfortunately, I don't see Weber being close to Pronger. It's too bad Pronger isn't healthy anymore or else, they'd look good. If Philly is able to pull this off, they'll have a 2 year window to win a cup, then their main core will all need raises.

Honestly, I see Nashville matching. Webs is probably going to be a pred for the rest of his life. Good job.

I love Poile, he's as honest as an NHL GM could be but if NSH loses Weber Poile should be fired. He lost Hamhuis and Suter without anything in return. Now he's on the verge of losing the best Dman in the world. If I'm ownership (I wish) I hold Poile responsible.

Archived