Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUU4LIFE

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

1,307 posts in this topic

What a dumb move. Why wouldn't he sign a 1 year contract and then choose where he can go next summer for the same amount of money?

Now he'll likely be stuck in Nashville.

So many people trash talking Mike Gillis....

Honestly people.... do you personally know Shea Weber? Did he tell you that he would LOVE to play for the Canucks? Not everyone that is born in BC likes the Canucks. I was born in Ontario, and I like the Canucks, NOT Toronto or Ottawa....so don't assume that BC born players all want to play for the Canucks, let alone take a pay cut to play here.

Once again it's not 2 firsts and a third. It's 4 firsts.

Pbbly front loaded at $12 mill per year for the first 3 years. Weber had no choice but to sign long term now. Either he does something like this or loses out on millions of dollars because the next CBA will ban these types of contracts.

I guess I'll have to change my profile pic soon.

Edit, on top of the front loading I bet there is a huge signing bonus, maybe close to $15 or $20 mill. Thats the only way it would deter the Preds from matching it.

What a dumb move. Why wouldn't he sign a 1 year contract and then choose where he can go next summer for the same amount of money?

Surprised this hasn't become a thread about Luongo!

Anyway, I am kind of relieved that this happened because now we can focus on re-signing guys like Edler and Burrows for next season.

Surprised this hasn't become a thread about Luongo!

Anyway, I am kind of relieved that this happened because now we can focus on re-signing guys like Edler and Burrows for next season.

Weber is good, but he's not worth 4 first round picks. A little overrated on these boards IMO.

I guess this is Philly's response to losing out on Parise and Suter.

I just hope this will end the senseless "Weber to Vancouver?" posts. Even if he hit free agency next year it would have been almost impossible to sign him with every other team throwing him a blank cheque. The sad but true truth is the Canucks only have a few dominant years left and the only thing that will keep the Canucks competitive after they lose players like the Sedins in the near future will be the depth players they would lose in acquiring Weber.

Weber is good, but he's not worth 4 first round picks. A little overrated on these boards IMO.

It only proves that he doesn't mind the idea of being in Nashville. Either that - or he has some inside knowledge that they CANT sign him. But barring that - he likes it enough in Nashville to stay there. So everyone here thinking he wanted out so bad was just wrong...he didn't.

It only proves that he doesn't mind the idea of being in Nashville. Either that - or he has some inside knowledge that they CANT sign him. But barring that - he likes it enough in Nashville to stay there. So everyone here thinking he wanted out so bad was just wrong...he didn't.

Keep catching those fish Gillis . We dont need to build a team or anything.

No, if he wanted to stay in Nashville long-term he would have signed a long term contract last summer.

This is his way of getting out of Nashville. Unfortunately for him though, Nashville will likely match.

Then they can always trade him after a year and get a better return than 4 1st round picks anyways.

finally, an end to the ridiculous Weber to Van crap on this site