The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

So this is how it's going to play out. Weber knows he wants to leave Nash. But also want a long term contract before the new CBA. Philly comes in with the offer sheet. Nashville matches. They can't trade him for this season, and next season, when he COULD'VE been a UFA with a shorter contract, he now will have a 13 year contract. Then he'll ask for a trade from Nash to Vancouver, in exchange for 2 first rounds and Kesler.

hahahahha, one can dream.

No, if he wanted to stay in Nashville long-term he would have signed a long term contract last summer.

This is his way of getting out of Nashville. Unfortunately for him though, Nashville will likely match.

Then they can always trade him after a year and get a better return than 4 1st round picks anyways.

So this is how it's going to play out. Weber knows he wants to leave Nash. But also want a long term contract before the new CBA. Philly comes in with the offer sheet. Nashville matches. They can't trade him for this season, and next season, when he COULD'VE been a UFA with a shorter contract, he now will have a 13 year contract. Then he'll ask for a trade from Nash to Vancouver, in exchange for 2 first rounds and Kesler.

hahahahha, one can dream.

Weber was drafted in the second round, and it's not like he's a generational player.

With 4 1st round picks, I bet we could draft a defenseman at least as good as Weber, if not better, plus 3 other players.

You name those 3 players, but it could just as likely be players like Kesler, Perry, Richards, or Giroux.

Weber was drafted in the second round, and it's not like he's a generational player.

With 4 1st round picks, I bet we could draft a defenseman at least as good as Weber, if not better, plus 3 other players.

You name those 3 players, but it could just as likely be players like Kesler, Perry, Richards, or Giroux.

So your assumption is that a player that doesn't want to play in Nashville - signed a deal that could potentially land him in Nashville for 14 more years? Really?

Come on...as I said before - unless he knows Nashville can't manage it or know they'll move him, then he's perfectly fine with staying there for 14 years. Otherwise he wouldn't sign a deal that puts him in that exact position.

You wouldn't be dumb enough to do something like that. I wouldn't. So why would Weber? Answer is probably that he wouldn't either.

Weber is either fine staying there or knows they'll move him because they can't match it.

Archived