The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

Nashville had a great team this year - Weber didn't put them over the top and win a Cup - he did go a little over the top ramming Zetteburg's head into the turnbuckle, but they couldn't get past the Coyotes. The guy is not a one man team. The Canucks will be just fine without him.

So everyone here thinks Gillis should have done this exact same move? How come 28 other teams didn't make an offer sheet then?

Funny how people say that Suter will hurt the Wild's franchise in the future, but somehow Weber wouldn't? Weber will not be worth 7.5 mil when he's 35, and with the cap probably going down it's gonna hurt whoever gets him.

It doesn't matter anyways, we couldn't have afforded him and GIllis would not offer him a 14 year contract.

Time to face reality people.

At first glace Nashville matches without a second glance but with the reports of them shopping him and of course the fact that it's a massively front loaded contract it makes you think if Nashville can even afford it. I still think Nashville will match but it will be clearer with the details of the contract coming tomorrow. Hoping it gets rejected by the NHL but considering the other deals they have let go I doubt it.

Still think Holmgren is an idiot. He pretty much guarantees that Weber won't be going anywhere (including Philly) besides Nashville if they match.

Didn't he lose to a 22 year old kid? :lol:

Weber is good, but let me know when he wins multiple Norris's, then I'll say he's worth 4 1st round picks.

Until then he'll still be the guy that got owned by Kesler in the playoffs.

Yes Gillis should've done the same.

Not all other teams have the $26 million to pay for the first yr. The canucks have it. We are one of the NHL's highest revenue teams. Highest ticket prices. Highest attendance. Highest uniform, memorabilia sales. We have the $.

Many GM's don't use the rules to their full advantage because they don't want to offend other teams. This is ridiculous. The players are asked to hit everything, fight everyone, but the GM's don't want to offend each other. Pathetic.

The cap will be over $90 million in ten years. See my other posts.

I just hope the preds match the offer then trade him to us next year. Ph***ing Phlyers.

No way we do the extension now... the rules on term and dollars are most likely going to be way more restrictive once the CBA is signed and we will get him for less dollars. No other team will be able to throw a 12 year deal at him.

Archived