The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

That clearly isn't true. He refused to sign a huge deal in Nashville last summer, and refused again this year. There is no question he was offered a deal like this from them to extend and refused.

He cares about where he plays for, it is just that he wants it to be a cap spending team with a shot at winning.

Only on a message board is Weber worth less than 4 1st round picks. Come on, the fact that those picks will be in the 20-30 range just makes it worse. He's a guy you build your team around and 4 first round picks for him is something any team would do.

Only on a message board is Weber worth less than 4 1st round picks. Come on, the fact that those picks will be in the 20-30 range just makes it worse. He's a guy you build your team around and 4 first round picks for him is something any team would do.

Paul Holmgren just made a new enemy for life...

I hope Poile matches... Nashville is done if they don't match... Their team will be crap for awhile and i expect them to lose many of the fringe fans when they start their bottom dwelling, and with two late 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick, they won't be getting much help any time soon...

One thing for sure is that if Poile matches, it will be one awkward situation for captain Weber in Nashville now..

This really sucks since there is such a remote chance now that he will ever wear the blue & green...

On the plus side, at least he is all the way in Philly now and we will likely not need to face him in the playoffs...

Only on a message board do people play armchair GM and pretend that 1st round picks have no value.

4 1st round picks are what you build a team with, not 1 player.

People complain about how weak our prospect pool is, yet are so quick to just give away 1st round picks for 1 player? That's not going to help the team in the future at all.

I'd rather have 4 good young prospects than 1 player that's maybe got 5 years of being a top player. I'm glad Gillis is running things though.

Well it takes time for prospects to develop...You don't just draft them and they're magically ready to play.

By the time the Sedins and Kesler are declining we would have nobody to take their place because we would have no first round picks that are developing to replace them.

Then we have no one up front, but at least we have Weber on defense, right?

That clearly isn't true. He refused to sign a huge deal in Nashville last summer, and refused again this year. There is no question he was offered a deal like this from them to extend and refused.

He cares about where he plays for, it is just that he wants it to be a cap spending team with a shot at winning.

Only on a message board do people play armchair GM and pretend that 1st round picks have no value.

4 1st round picks are what you build a team with, not 1 player.

People complain about how weak our prospect pool is, yet are so quick to just give away 1st round picks for 1 player? That's not going to help the team in the future at all.

I'd rather have 4 good young prospects than 1 player that's maybe got 5 years of being a top player. I'm glad Gillis is running things though.

Archived