The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

we'll probably trade jenson or shroeder anyways, seems to be a trend now with our 1st round picks

personally id wish the team go for broke. Id rather us win a cup and then be bottom feeders then get eliminated in the second round for 5 straight years.

Kesler, Schneider, Jensen, Hodgson, Schroeder, and Gaunce are bums?

The first two have worked out pretty good for us. And the others seem like solid picks, minus Hodgson we were able to acquire another solid young player with.

The Canucks D is pretty much set anyways. We need help up front way more than we do on D. I don't care if we added Weber, we wouldn't score enough goals in the playoffs again and we'd be done. That's why we need to start developing elite young talent for up front, not trading it all away for one player...

we'll probably trade jenson or shroeder anyways, seems to be a trend now with our 1st round picks

personally id wish the team go for broke. Id rather us win a cup and then be bottom feeders then get eliminated in the second round for 5 straight years.

Really? You aren't willing to take this 'incredibly massive' gamble with a team that came one win away from the Cup?

If the canucks had signedWeber look at our defence:

edler -weber

hamhuis-bieksa

garrison-tanev

Schneider in goal.

And maybe Doan would look more seriously at our offer now.

That would be true if we were a Shea Weber away form being a true contender.

But I think people are ignoring the gaping hole we have up front right now. We're not winning a cup without another legit top 6 forward and a gritty third line center.

I would rather Gillis fulfill those needs before appeasing CDCers wet dreams about Weber.

That is an interesting question. Would you trade Hodgson (Kassian), Schroeder, Jensen and Gaunce for Weber today?

YES I WOULD TOO!

The only player that will play on our team next year is Kassian on our third/fourth line.

We are not set on D. We still need another right hand D.

At present we only have Bieksa and Tanev.

Edler and garrison have both played left side in their careers.

Yes Weber is a rightie.

No I wouldn't trade away those 4 players because they're going to be great players. Lets say for argument's sake, Kassian turns into the next Bertuzzi, Jensen turns into the next Hossa, Gaunce turns into the next Jordan Staal, and Schroeder turns in the next Patrick Kane.

Not saying that any of that will happen, but it's not impossible. And it would make that trade look pretty bad if all of those players come even close to their potential. Not worth the risk for an overpaid player IMO.

We can find a right handed D-man without having to give out a 14 year contract.

So Weber guarantees us 4 stanley cups now huh? Gillis is such an idiot for not knowing this. I guess you should have been our GM.

This is what I'm talkng about with the overrating. He's not Bobby Orr. He's just a great physical defenseman. Even Pronger neeed Neidermeyer to win a cup, and even Neidermeyer needed Stevens. One great defenceman won't win you a cup.

Archived