The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

poor Philly - no matter what they do, they still have Bryzgalov signed - forever - with a nmc - no trades, no waivers, no AHL...

gonna cost them a Weber sized bonus to buy him out....and then they'd still have to find a goaltender...

OR

Kassian turns into Torres

Schroeder turns into Richard Park

Jensen turns into Higgins

Gaunce turns into Stoll

My scenario is much more likely and I would easily do that deal for Weber. (Even though I think we have more holes in our forward group than on defence)

Then why not invest your time in Doan instead of pissing away the future for Weber when you already feel that the forward core needs more support than the defensive core.

Alright, well, nm, you just shared your feeling on him.

OR

Kassian turns into Torres

Schroeder turns into Richard Park

Jensen turns into Higgins

Gaunce turns into Stoll

My scenario is much more likely and I would easily do that deal for Weber. (Even though I think we have more holes in our forward group than on defence)

I like Doan, he brings a lot of grit to our team, but he is very overhyped. He'll come here play with Kesler and put up 50 points and people will complain that he isn't producing. He is an upgrade in the physical factor but he isn't an upgrade in the offence factor. I can't say his physicalness is worth over 6 million more for 3 years.

How is your scenario more likely? You have absolutely zero basis to make that assumption.

I'm not saying my scenario is more likely, just that it's not impossible. I think you assuming that all 4 of those players will amount to no more than average players is pretty unlikely.

Even if they end up somewhere in the middle of my prediction and yours. that's 4 pretty good players that I would not trade away.

Undervaluing our prospects seems to be a regular thing on CDC though. And then a player like Hodgson has a breakout rookie year and he's everyone's favorite player. Which is why I can't wait to see all the flip floppers next season why Kassian and Schroeder tear it up and everyone loves them all of a sudden.

So Mason Raymond is a legit top 6 forward? Or is Chris Higgins?

Go look at the Kings offense and then compare it to ours and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It's no secret we've had trouble scoring goals in the last two playoffs. Keeping the status quo up front will lead to an early exit again.

Weber is the captain of his team, and he signs an offer sheet. Come to think of it, if I am Nashville, I might just let the guy walk.

Not impressed.

He was already over-rated. His best years were in Nashville.

Welcome to Philly, Mr. Bouwmeester v 2.0.

I never said mayray or higgs are legit top six forwards. But where is the gaping hole you refer to?

Mayray, Higgs are both decent forwards who are perfectly able to play second line in the nhl. That doesn't mean we have a 'gaping hole'. Do we need an upgrade, yes.

No I think you need to go look at the kings second line scoring compared to ours.

I'm not saying we should not make moves with our forwards, but to not make the weber move because we need to fix a 'gaping hole' on our second line wing is ridiculous.

Except that next summer is filled with more useful pieces than Doan, yet we just tied up all our available cap next summer in a 37 year old. I'd take Doan for one at the max salary we can fit under the cap, but I don't want him on the books for any more than that.

Yes, and none of the final four had a Weber like player. One of them was going to win the Cup no matter what. I would say that none of those teams have a better defence than us. The Kings caught us at a bad time, that was it.

How is your scenario more likely? You have absolutely zero basis to make that assumption.

I'm not saying my scenario is more likely, just that it's not impossible. I think you assuming that all 4 of those players will amount to no more than average players is pretty unlikely.

Even if they end up somewhere in the middle of my prediction and yours. that's 4 pretty good players that I would not trade away.

Undervaluing our prospects seems to be a regular thing on CDC though. And then a player like Hodgson has a breakout rookie year and he's everyone's favorite player. Which is why I can't wait to see all the flip floppers next season when Kassian and Schroeder tear it up and everyone loves them all of a sudden.

Archived