The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

Do you think Weber does not already know that Nashville will match. He is not STUCK in Nashville, he decided to stay there and this way he accelerates the process and forces Nashville's hand. This is HIS choice to sign that offersheet.Not everyone wants to play with the Sedins and Kesler OMG!!!! Has MG made Vancouver the destination that no prime FA wants to go to?

I think people should stop freaking out. For the Weber lovers out there, it is still possible that the Canucks end up with him next year summer (when we probably WOULD have given him an offer as a UFA).

I can't see Nashville NOT matching. 100m for 14 years is pretty much Suter type money that they offered. Say Nashville matches and Weber plays the next year in Nashville and they miss the playoffs or does not look like a contending team, I'm sure Weber can request a trade and you have to believe the Canucks would be on his list.

People thought that Lu's career would end as a Canuck after his massive contract but just a couple years later, we are running him out of town.

I know the immediate money is 26m in 1 calendar year but I'm sure Nashville will work something out.

Weber will be a bargain ... in year 7!

Seriously, in 2019, $6m/yr will be like peanuts for a top dawg Dman. I know he would have made a billion by then but still, I wonder if players can think that far ahead.

Get the new CBA done this week, 5 year contracts max and every year the same amount.

Philly's defensive size would be pretty outrageous with Weber.

Weber: 6'4 at 232

Schenn: 6'2 at 229

Coburn: 6'5 at 220

Grossmann: 6'3 at 227

Meszaros: 6'2 at 223

Then the little man..

Timonen: 5'10 at 194

He's a RFA right now.

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

http://www.pensionpl...le-offer-sheets

AAV of $7.14 million, so two 1st round picks, 2nd, and 3rd. Not bad. Why didn't MG do this?

Archived