Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUU4LIFE

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

1,307 posts in this topic

Sucks that we won't be getting Weber but no matter how good Weber is, I wouldn't want to give away 4 1st rounders for him.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

This makes no sense.... the Flyers just did Nash's negotiating for them.

Even if Nash wants to trade him they can match and then trade him next year for more. So stupid.

This is a dumb move by Weber if he wanted to leave NSH.. the cap hit is not very high and the chances of it being matched is likely.

Wow. Is it possible that the Flyers might have some info that this is outside of Nashville's budget?

If they really wanted Weber WHY would they make this offer when it gives Nashville the chance to insta-match and ruin their chances of ever getting him?

@kbieksa3

#Weber #offersheet @Ryan_Kesler Now that's an offer sheet Kes! Makes yours look like 2 three year olds bartering for the red lego...

:lol:

@DarrenDreger

I may have made an error on compensatory picks. Depending on aav, it could be 2 firsts, 2nd and a 3rd round pick if Preds don't match.

OK, I'm freaking out here and can't think clearly. WHY would he sign an offer sheet if he wants to leave Nashville? If Nash matches, he's there for life.

Does he have some sort of knowledge of Nashvilles budget, then he talked to Philly about it? Can he even legally talk to Philly??? So confused. Help.

Holmgren is the most entertaining GM EVARRRRR!!! Philly only loses 2 first round picks.

OK, I'm freaking out here and can't think clearly. WHY would he sign an offer sheet if he wants to leave Nashville? If Nash matches, he's there for life.

Does he have some sort of knowledge of Nashvilles budget, then he talked to Philly about it? Can he even legally talk to Philly??? So confused. Help.

If the Predators were trying to ship Weber out, he doesn't want to stay. THEY WILL NOT MATCH, THEY'LL KEEP THE 4 1STS.

He is a Flyer.

Holy crap, i dont know what to say. I was kind of hoping Shea would wind up a Canuck

some how, some way...

I can only assume that he is going to tell Nashville that he doesn't want to play there so that they don't dare match and end up with an unhappy player.