The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dwight Howard set to join Lakers

samirjaver

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222486/Dwight_Howard_Ready_To_Commit_To_Extension_With_Lakers

Dwight Howard has long coveted the Brooklyn Nets as his next landing spot, but after a summer filled with daily rumors of four-team trade proposals, the six-time All-Star has moved on from his Big Apple infatuation and is locked in on joining the Lakers, according to sources.

The Lakers, Orlando Magic, Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly discussing a three-team trade that would send Howard to the Lakers, Andrew Bynum to the Cavaliers and Anderson Varejao and multiple draft picks to the Magic.

Howard has always been impressed with the Lakers’ winning tradition and intrigued with the off-court opportunities that come with playing in Los Angeles.

Questions about his role with the team, however, became an early concern for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Howard has since moved on from those concerns and is confident he will be an integral part of a team that will have a chance to compete immediately for a championship, according to sources.

The Lakers are reportedly ready to make the trade, but first need assurance from Howard that he’ll commit to the team long-term. Sources say Howard is “excited” about the opportunity to play for the Lakers and will re-sign with the team when his contract expires at the end of the 2012-13 season.

Yes :) finally something to be happy about , im not a bandwagoner , lakers have been my favourite team my whole life and i am the biggest kobe bryant fav omg omg omg yes yes yes i am so happy and i know alot of canucks fans are happy because i made a post and alot said their fav nba team is lakers

Yes :) finally something to be happy about , im not a bandwagoner , lakers have been my favourite team my whole life and i am the biggest kobe bryant fav omg omg omg yes yes yes i am so happy and i know alot of canucks fans are happy because i made a post and alot said their fav nba team is lakers

of course I was ecstatic !!! when we got nash but the last 2 weeks have been depressing because i thought we could get Doan now thats over and I heard dwight wouldnt come here but yeah I love Nash he is the one guy the ONE guy who can keep multiple superstars happy hes the best passer shooter court vision everything hes amazing , i am just sick of heat fans saying they are going to repeat easy and how ppl say nash will get blow by but with Howard he can block their shots

Archived