Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Dwight Howard set to join Lakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

Congratulations you can count, but I don't think you understand what I am talking about. It's okay though, I'll explain.

I don't know if you follow the NBA but the trend in the last few years were having "big three" of impact players (the Heat, Celtics, Thunder, etc..) It seems the Lakers are trying to make a big four. I don't consider World Peace an impact player anymore although he is still a solid defender.
Posted Image

#32 Lafayettecrossbar

Lafayettecrossbar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't have much of an opinion on the move because I'm not too into basketball but I love the 3 team trades. Seems to only happen in the MLB & sometimes the NBA, wish it happened in the NHL more!
BERGFORS IS NO FORSBERG.

Armstrong-Legwand-Backes
Foote-Finger
Hedberg

#33 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

World Peace is a more emotional Chris Bosh. So I'd consider him a big four player.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#34 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

World Peace is a more emotional Chris Bosh. So I'd consider him a big four player.

I didn't know having emotions makes you a good player. Sure, he's still one of the best defenders in the league but he's slowed down a lot of offensively and is prone to temper tantrums or outbursts (eg. elbow on Harden). Plus, he won't get many touches with this year's Lakers team.
Posted Image

#35 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

The NBA is such a joke.

Lebron to Miami destroyed professional sports. Now free agents in all sports are teaming up together and signing together..

Which is more of a joke?

NBA stars teaming up to win a championship (Nash, Allen) OR NHL stars deciding to go for the big money and 15 year contracts to join a team with no chance of winning a championship or the hometown team (Parise, Suter).

Yeah, trying to win a championship is such a joke. Go tell that to Nash who wants to win one. It seems to me that NHL players are more greedy than NBA players when it comes to that dollar dollar bill, from the lockout to these stupid long 15 year contracts that GMs hand out because the players want to get PAID. Right now NHL is more of a joke and we might see another lockout with these dumb contract that GMs hand out and NHL players demand.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#36 dynamic_canuck21

dynamic_canuck21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Which is more of a joke?

NBA stars teaming up to win a championship (Nash, Allen) OR NHL stars deciding to go for the big money and 15 year contracts to join a team with no chance of winning a championship or the hometown team (Parise, Suter).

Yeah, trying to win a championship is such a joke. Go tell that to Nash who wants to win one. It seems to me that NHL players are more greedy than NBA players when it comes to that dollar dollar bill, from the lockout to these stupid long 15 year contracts that GMs hand out because the players want to get PAID. Right now NHL is more of a joke and we might see another lockout with these dumb contract that GMs hand out and NHL players demand.

Totally agree!!!

#37 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

The NBA is a joke.
One of the only leagues worse than the NHL.
(Strictly speaking of the organizations, not the sports.)

Really? I think NHL is the worst league in the world. Incompetent commissioner, disciplinarians, refs ect. ect. I mean, with all the technology do da's and 4-5 officials on the ice, they still screw up so many calls that makes my high schools indoor soccer league look legit. NBA with all its problems is still a way better league than the NHL. Am just waiting to see when the next lockout is, since it seems like a tradition with this league. Can you imagine a lockout in the premier league?

Edited by DefCon1, 19 July 2012 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#38 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Every team wants three mega elite stars as part of their core.

#39 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Every team wants three mega elite stars as part of their core.

At least their playoffs are more interesting. Did you see the NHL playoffs this year? Coyotes vs. Kings? Devils vs. Kings? During playoffs, I want to see the best players compete for a championship. The biggest stars in this years playoffs were Kovy, Quick and the trap and defensive strategies employed by Sutter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

At least their playoffs are more interesting. Did you see the NHL playoffs this year? Coyotes vs. Kings? Devils vs. Kings? During playoffs, I want to see the best players compete for a championship. The biggest stars in this years finals were Kovy, Quick and the trap and defensive strategies employed by Sutter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Why doesn't the NBA just fold the rest of the league and have like 5-10 teams because it'll be very soon that's how many teams will be winning year after year after year because of the stars teaming up with each other.

It's a joke.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#42 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Why doesn't the NBA just fold the rest of the league and have like 5-10 teams because it'll be very soon that's how many teams will be winning year after year after year because of the stars teaming up with each other.

It's a joke.

It isn't just NBA, it also occurs in MLB and in European soccer leagues. Why should they do? Put limits and rules on how many stars a team can have? Yeah, that would be more of a joke. As I said, NHL is more of a joke and more of a second rate league than the NBA. Don't tell me it isn't or am biased, since I follow NHL more closely than the NBA and even though I like hockey more than basketball, I know the NBA is doing more rights than wrong compared to the NHL.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

This would be great. I'd love to see Nash win a NBA championship and Kobe win another or two.

Yes, Id be pleased as punch to see a rapist get even more glory thrown at him.

Just to clarify: Kobe Bryant is an admitted rapist.

Posted Image

#44 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,528 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Which is more of a joke?

The big NBA players aren't as concerned about their salary as they are their sponsorships. What LeBron earns from the Heat is basically just his spending money. This makes life difficult for all the guys who aren't getting paid by Nike or Adidas.

If hockey gear companies can do to hockey what Nike did to basketball, we'll see more players taking straight-up pay cuts to help out the team. The chances of that happening are slim to none.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#45 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yes, Id be pleased as punch to see a rapist get even more glory thrown at him.

Just to clarify: Kobe Bryant is an admitted rapist.

Proof?

#46 Mr. Shakermaker

Mr. Shakermaker

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Proof?

no. But he did cheat on his wife. The girl was looking for attention, that's it.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.