The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity

dirk diggler

Man his story is so much similar to mine, the death part...around this time In 2001, I had a very bad chest cold and was having a really hard time breathing, I remember sitting on my couch and grasping for air..I was 18-19 around the time and it got to a point where I knew something was seriously wrong so I told my mom to call 911..the paramedics came gave me the oxygen mask and on the way to the hospital things started to get worse and worse, I threw my mask off cause I could barely breathe...

picture you have your head under water and no matter how hard you try to come up to get air, you can't It's like someone is holding your head underwater..I started panicking badly, yelling 'i can't breathe, i can't breathe'..all I remember after that is the paramedics ripping my shirt off as my head fell back on to the stretcher... just before I fell into a coma I saw this very bright white light everywhere, very very bright and I remember how peaceful it felt, It didn't last long but for as long as it did, I felt so relaxed..

My lung had collapsed and as I laid there in ICU, The docs told my parents that I had a 2% chance of survival...After 5 days had passed I woke up out of the coma..I had no idea where I was..I just wanted to get up and go to the bathroom, but I couldn't move because I had tubes in me right, left and center..peeing tube, chest tubes etc..I was so confused, the docs and nurses flocked by my bedside..I couldn't speak but I could hear them..I didn't have a clue of what happened and they explained everything to me...I spent another month in the hospital after that recovering..man, Life is so precious, watching that video reminded me how lucky I am.

Archived