Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#91 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

If you are close to some one right now , give em a big one

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#92 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Be ready to watch the most amazing story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BACnPBdsH20

Wow.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#93 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

State Alchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

ot sure if this raises my faith in humanity's courage, or lowers my faith in Detroit citizen's moral codes.
Posted Image

#94 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

SUCH a great thread. I feel much better. :)
Posted Image

#95 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

UPDATE:

Remember this guy?

[img]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Qp8GhuvX4EUk.MtoAYgzRg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thesideshow/ViralShoep.jpg[/img]

A photograph of a man wading in Lake Superior with his 19-year-old arthritic dog captured the hearts of millions when it was posted online last month--an outpouring that inspired the dog's owner to launch a foundation to help low-income families care for their aging canines.

John Unger says Schoep's Legacy Foundation has raised more than $25,000 since Unger and his dog, Schoep, were photographed by a friend, who posted the image to Facebook.

Before the photo was taken, Unger and his veterinarian had been considering putting Schoep down.

"Without treatment, John and I were talking about euthanasia at the end of July," Erik Haukass, the vet, told the Daily Mail. But through the unsolicited donations from people who saw the photo, Unger was able to treat Schoep and extend his life.

"Schoep is doing incredible right now," Unger said. 'The therapies that the people have donated--it's like turning back the clock a year and a half."

The foundation was created, Haukass added, when the pair "realized we had received more money than we would reasonably spend on Schoep's care."

"It could help another 30 or 40 Schoeps," Haukass said.

The "Official Fan Page of Schoep and John" has more than 20,000 "likes," and Hudson has beenselling prints of the photo to benefit the cause.
"This 19-year-old [Schoep is] being cradled in his father's arms last night in Lake Superior," Hannah Stonehouse Hudson, the photographer, wrote in the Facebook post that sparked the outpouring. "Schoep falls asleep every night when he is carried into the lake. The buoyancy of the water soothes his arthritic bones. Lake Superior is very warm right now, so the temperature of the water is perfect. I was so happy I got to capture this moment for John. By the way, John rescued Schoep as an 8-month-old puppy, and he's been by his side through many adventures."
Hudson, a professional photographer, told the Pioneer Press that business is booming since the photo of Unger and Schoep was published--so much so that she recently hired her first employee plus an intern.
"I would say a 30 percent increase in shoots," Hudson said. "Who knew a favor to a friend would turn into this? It's completely surreal."
Because of the public's generosity, Schoep has been getting expensive joint laser treatments to reduce pain and swelling related to arthritis.
"He's walking so much faster," the 49-year-old Unger said. "It's unbelievable."

Edited by dirk diggler, 30 October 2012 - 12:11 AM.

"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#96 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,063 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Great story, I was rereading the article yesterday.

Posted Image

Edited by :D, 30 October 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#97 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,285 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

wow, that shotgun story is ridiculous.

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#98 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Man his story is so much similar to mine, the death part...around this time In 2001, I had a very bad chest cold and was having a really hard time breathing, I remember sitting on my couch and grasping for air..I was 18-19 around the time and it got to a point where I knew something was seriously wrong so I told my mom to call 911..the paramedics came gave me the oxygen mask and on the way to the hospital things started to get worse and worse, I threw my mask off cause I could barely breathe...
picture you have your head under water and no matter how hard you try to come up to get air, you can't It's like someone is holding your head underwater..I started panicking badly, yelling 'i can't breathe, i can't breathe'..all I remember after that is the paramedics ripping my shirt off as my head fell back on to the stretcher... just before I fell into a coma I saw this very bright white light everywhere, very very bright and I remember how peaceful it felt, It didn't last long but for as long as it did, I felt so relaxed..

My lung had collapsed and as I laid there in ICU, The docs told my parents that I had a 2% chance of survival...After 5 days had passed I woke up out of the coma..I had no idea where I was..I just wanted to get up and go to the bathroom, but I couldn't move because I had tubes in me right, left and center..peeing tube, chest tubes etc..I was so confused, the docs and nurses flocked by my bedside..I couldn't speak but I could hear them..I didn't have a clue of what happened and they explained everything to me...I spent another month in the hospital after that recovering..man, Life is so precious, watching that video reminded me how lucky I am.

Edited by nux4lyfe, 30 October 2012 - 11:10 AM.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#99 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Just reading about the staff at New York University's Langone Medical Center has sure restored my faith in humanity.
Posted Image

#100 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

This brought a tear to my eye when i first watched it , Down syndrome people truly give you unconditional love

One person can make a difference .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 31 October 2012 - 02:58 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#101 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

This brought a tear to my eye when i first watched it , Down syndrome people truly give you unconditional love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8F0EZP8a58&feature=player_embedded

One person can make a difference .

I love that story .. I care-give a down syndrome man and he is the kindest, gentlest soul I have ever known .. he is also one of my best friends .. :)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#102 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Man his story is so much similar to mine, the death part...around this time In 2001, I had a very bad chest cold and was having a really hard time breathing, I remember sitting on my couch and grasping for air..I was 18-19 around the time and it got to a point where I knew something was seriously wrong so I told my mom to call 911..the paramedics came gave me the oxygen mask and on the way to the hospital things started to get worse and worse, I threw my mask off cause I could barely breathe...
picture you have your head under water and no matter how hard you try to come up to get air, you can't It's like someone is holding your head underwater..I started panicking badly, yelling 'i can't breathe, i can't breathe'..all I remember after that is the paramedics ripping my shirt off as my head fell back on to the stretcher... just before I fell into a coma I saw this very bright white light everywhere, very very bright and I remember how peaceful it felt, It didn't last long but for as long as it did, I felt so relaxed..

My lung had collapsed and as I laid there in ICU, The docs told my parents that I had a 2% chance of survival...After 5 days had passed I woke up out of the coma..I had no idea where I was..I just wanted to get up and go to the bathroom, but I couldn't move because I had tubes in me right, left and center..peeing tube, chest tubes etc..I was so confused, the docs and nurses flocked by my bedside..I couldn't speak but I could hear them..I didn't have a clue of what happened and they explained everything to me...I spent another month in the hospital after that recovering..man, Life is so precious, watching that video reminded me how lucky I am.

Glad you made it :)
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.