The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's better Raymond or Hansen

smokes

Raymond or Hansen?  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hansen, but Raymond still has more potential that he could reach. I feel they're both ready to break-out next season with 20-goal years, which will be great for our team if they're on the 3rd line. 20-goal scorers on the 3rd line of any team shows incredible depth and teams with this sort of offensive depth win Cups.

LA had Simon Gagne.

Boston had Marchand and Peverley (on pace for 20 goals)

Chicago had Byfuglien, Ladd and Versteeg.

In our run to the Cup we had guys in the 15-goal range, but not quite as skilled as the guys listed above on our 3rd lines which was the difference.

A fit Raymond is better than a fit Hansen. Raymond is always playing against the better defenders. He is also unlucky that he plays with Booth and Kes who puck hog to a ridiculous degree.

Raymond is also better defensively, again likely to be up against better players.

Although salary is not definitive, why else would Raymond be making almost double what Hansen makes?

I would actually like to see Raymond with Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd if we continue to keep Booth.

Hansen, but Raymond still has more potential that he could reach. I feel they're both ready to break-out next season with 20-goal years, which will be great for our team if they're on the 3rd line. 20-goal scorers on the 3rd line of any team shows incredible depth and teams with this sort of offensive depth win Cups.

LA had Simon Gagne.

In our run to the Cup we had guys in the 15-goal range, but not quite as skilled as the guys listed above on our 3rd lines which was the difference.

Raymond is so far ahead (both players playing at their optimum) that this discussion is embarrassing. Half the time I'm not aware of Hansen when he's on the ice, whereas Raymond is always stirring things up and making things happen.

When I first saw this thread I thought it was a wind up.

Bodee, you are a wind up. This is a comparison between a guy who does everything without getting noticed, and a guy who does nothing and constantly gets noticed. Everything about Hansen's game is better, and you see him less because he's a 3rd liner. He hits harder, he is a better passer, he has a better shot despite not being able to use it in the O zone often, he is FAR better defensively as evidenced by being the 2nd highest PK minute player on the team.. He has the grit you talk about.. What exactly does Raymond have beyond what Hansen has? If they perform similarly while Mason is on a higher line playing with more skilled players in an offensive role and Hansen is still better, what should that tell you? The only reason you notice Mason is because he's exaggerating every single stride and let's face it, he's a bad actor.

Raymond is so far ahead (both players playing at their optimum) that this discussion is embarrassing. Half the time I'm not aware of Hansen when he's on the ice, whereas Raymond is always stirring things up and making things happen.

LA had Simon Gagne.

Well the Obvious choice would be Hansen.

However i would like to see how a fully recovered Raymond performs in a injury

free season. Alot of Canuck fans were quick to make Mason the official whipping

boy of the Canucks team, after coming back from a devastating injury.

Guest gumballthechewy

Alot of Canuck fans were quick to make Mason the official whipping

boy of the Canucks team, after coming back from a devastating injury.

THE GREAT DANE!! Hansen hands down is a better player than Raymond. He scores, hits, is a heart player and doesn't back down from anyone in scrums. Raymond on the other hand gives the other team something to laugh at.

Archived