The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's better Raymond or Hansen

smokes

Raymond or Hansen?  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Raymond won the 2010 fastest skater at the superskills competition with Hansen on the team

I think that Hansen is an extremely gifted skater, and may be a better skater overall (making him a better and more rounded player) and maybe Raymond won't have the same speed he did before his back injury, but I still think that Raymond is faster

I know its trendy to hate on Raymond, but I think he is still a better player. If Hansen was a better player he would be the one playing top 6.

But of course, Raymond is the CDC whipping boy, so that means he is a horrible player, right?

this isn't a real question to me, Hansen, he's far more valuable, he does what we need him to do, Raymond flihnders in the role we give him then give him another contract to do it again. I am hoping he has a breakout year and we can trade him at the deadline for pieces.

It's not just about points. They both have similar poor totals, even though Hansen plays on the third line. But Hansen:

-hits

-is bigger

-steps up and makes big plays

-isn't afraid of the corners or the front of the net

-creates turnovers with his aggressive checking

Raymond may have slightly higher point totals over his career per game, but Hansen is a much more aggressive player which I think makes him more effective all around. Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see Hansen score more point than Raymond next year.

If you look just at the stats you provided, Raymond would be the better player as he averages more points per game than Hansen. However I know that analyzing a players worth is far more complicated than their points per game average. Unless Raymond can get back up to 20-25 goals and 50-60 points per season, he does not fit in the top 6 of this team. Hansen fits his role as a 3rd line forward so I think if you are asking this question based on if we had to lose one of them, who would it be, then the answer would be Raymond. Only because he can be replaced with someone who better fits the top 6 role. So to answer your question, for now I would have to say Hansen because he fills his role on the team better than Raymond, but I think that Raymond has the potential to do better and if he can live up to that potential then he is the better player.

I was surprised to see the point totals, can anyone dig up ice time for these two? Obviously Raymond has more points from the stats but I'd love to see how that compares to minutes played, especially in the playoffs.

I voted for Hansen, I have nothing personal against Raymond, I think he's a nice guy, I met him at an event/signing and he was polite and friendly. As a player he has his moments, and I love it when he produces. However, I don't think he's earning the minutes on the ice that he's been given.

A fit Raymond is better than a fit Hansen. Raymond is always playing against the better defenders. He is also unlucky that he plays with Booth and Kes who puck hog to a ridiculous degree.

Raymond is also better defensively, again likely to be up against better players.

Although salary is not definitive, why else would Raymond be making almost double what Hansen makes?

I would actually like to see Raymond with Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd if we continue to keep Booth.

A fit Raymond is better than a fit Hansen. Raymond is always playing against the better defenders. He is also unlucky that he plays with Booth and Kes who puck hog to a ridiculous degree.

Raymond is also better defensively, again likely to be up against better players.

Although salary is not definitive, why else would Raymond be making almost double what Hansen makes?

I would actually like to see Raymond with Higgins and Hansen on the 3rd if we continue to keep Booth.

Archived