The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's better Raymond or Hansen

smokes

Raymond or Hansen?  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Danish Sensation, Jannik Hansen.

Offensively:

Raymond (when healthy) is better than Hansen. Raymond is capable of like 20-25 goals, and around 50 points. Hansen's peak at tgis point is likely 15-20, and 40 points. However, Hansen is likely the 3rd best passer on the team after Hank and Danny, and could be the 2nd line RW we've been looking for.

Defensively:

Hansen is tremendous defensively. Can shut down opponents with the best of them. Likely one of the top 15-25 in the league. However, Raymond is no slouch on the PK, and uses speed to create turnovers. Hansen is better though.

Speed:

Gotta give it to Raymond, he's one of the fastest skaters. Hansen can turn on the speed and skate right by defensemen.

Hitting:

Hansen. Raymond's hits are non-existant.

Playoff Play:

Despite their very similar stats, Hansen is a more useful player due to his physicality and shutdown ability. He can also trash talk your ear off, and it makes it so much better with his voice.

Overall:

I'll take Hansen over Raymond 9 times out of 10. Depth scoring, hard work, and defense wins championships, and Hansen brings that every night. The only time I'd take Raymond is if I was running an offensively starved team like Nashville or Phoenix.

"In fact in the last 2 seasons, only Malhotra has played more overall minutes than Hansen on the PK (out of the forwards)."

And there we have it folks ............screwed by his own logic.

As for the rest I think various posters above have answered it. Anyone who says Hansen is a better player than Raymond needs to get the first train back out of Lala Land.

Last person out, please put out the lights.

The Danish Sensation, Jannik Hansen.

Offensively:

Raymond (when healthy) is better than Hansen. Raymond is capable of like 20-25 goals, and around 50 points. Hansen's peak at tgis point is likely 15-20, and 40 points. However, Hansen is likely the 3rd best passer on the team after Hank and Danny, and could be the 2nd line RW we've been looking for.

Defensively:

Hansen is tremendous defensively. Can shut down opponents with the best of them. Likely one of the top 15-25 in the league. However, Raymond is no slouch on the PK, and uses speed to create turnovers. Hansen is better though.

Speed:

Gotta give it to Raymond, he's one of the fastest skaters. Hansen can turn on the speed and skate right by defensemen.

Hitting:

Hansen. Raymond's hits are non-existant.

Playoff Play:

Despite their very similar stats, Hansen is a more useful player due to his physicality and shutdown ability. He can also trash talk your ear off, and it makes it so much better with his voice.

Overall:

I'll take Hansen over Raymond 9 times out of 10. Depth scoring, hard work, and defense wins championships, and Hansen brings that every night. The only time I'd take Raymond is if I was running an offensively starved team like Nashville or Phoenix.

Injury or not, Hansen is a more rounded player and can therefore play in more situations. That makes him a better player. It's like comparing Calvin and Hobbes vs Bloom County. Calvin and Hobbes was consistently better, but I would actually laugh out loud sometimes reading Bloom County. Just because Raymond has spurts that make you excited it doesn't mean he is a better player or more useful to the team.

What's Raymond's excuse for the season before his injury? Also, if Raymond wasn't fit to play, why did he come back so soon after his injury? It's his fault for coming back so soon if he wasn't able to train. You want to be in the lineup? Well, expect to perform, or you'll get heat for not doing so.

I'm honestly tired of the broken back excuses, as he had every right to stay out longer to train and come back later on in the season, but he didn't and he didn't perform, so expect heat for it. I'm happy he was able to recover, I don't hate Mason Raymond the person, I hate Mason Raymond the hockey player.

Anyways, I'd take Jannik Hansen over Mason Raymond last year, and the year before.

Archived