The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Need to resign Edler NOW!

pghockeyguy

And what about Burrows? Is he not as high a priority? His last big contract, it will take at least $4.5 a year for 4 or 5 years to keep him here after the discount he took last time. Add this to the $5 + for Edler and the $6+ for Doan. How much cap room do the canucks have again?

With Philly removing Weber from the UFA list for next year Edler jumps to the #1 UFA available. Besides maybe Enstrom, Edler will be offered 6+ mill per season from numerous teams. We need to lock him up now. The longer you wait the more Dmen will sign and the more value Edler will gain. Edler still has the ability to be a cornerstone defencemen so how much are you guys willing to spend on him now that the Weber fantasy is over.

And what about Burrows? Is he not as high a priority? His last big contract, it will take at least $4.5 a year for 4 or 5 years to keep him here after the discount he took last time. Add this to the $5 + for Edler and the $6+ for Doan. How much cap room do the canucks have again?

Next year will be interesting for sure, but I think we'll be forced to play some of our young prospects such as Jensen/Gaunce/Schroder/Kassian because they are cheap and provide the most bang for your buck. My guess is Higgins, Malhotra and Raymond (unless he's part of a Luongo package) will not be re-signed next year. With them off the books, we should be able to sign Edler to something along the lines of 5.8mil/5 yrs and Burrows at 4.5mil/3yrs (assuming they take a "hometown" discount)

Sign Edler and Burrows to an extension. I would hate to see either of these players walk away like Ehrhoff and countless others, with no return coming back to Vancouver.

Burrows will sign in Vancouver but Edler....I'm not so sure. MG should try and extend him or look at trading him now before he walks.

No worries. To homers, reality check: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

Now that I got your attention: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

He won't cost that much. He's also going to stay because like the Sedins, he's Swedish and Swedish players are loyal to Vancouver because Vancouver loves bringing in Swedish players. They're soft like satin and cute like cup cakes.

Edler will sign and give us less than half what Weber gives in a nightly basis for 3/4 the price. Bargain? Think again.

This team is going down the drains.

Ridiculous.

Sign Edler and Burrows to an extension. I would hate to see either of these players walk away like Ehrhoff and countless others, with no return coming back to Vancouver.

Burrows will sign in Vancouver but Edler....I'm not so sure. MG should try and extend him or look at trading him now before he walks.

Good thread. Here is the truth, Edler is an All-Star, more so than Hamhuis, Bieksa and Garrison.

But Edler is also part of this team and believes in it, he'll take a discount, but he's worth more than the former.

I'd say 5.5M for Edler for 7-8 years.

No worries. To homers, reality check: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

Now that I got your attention: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

He won't cost that much. He's also going to stay because like the Sedins, he's Swedish and Swedish players are loyal to Vancouver because Vancouver loves bringing in Swedish players. They're soft like satin and cute like cup cakes.

Edler will sign and give us less than half what Weber gives in a nightly basis for 3/4 the price. Bargain? Think again.

This team is going down the drains.

Ridiculous.

Archived