The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Need to resign Edler NOW!

pghockeyguy

He has one bad series where he plays terrible and the sky is falling? Luongo has had multiple meltdowns. Thats fair, but Edler hasnt. HE deserves 5 million to play here. People like you are what gives Canucks fans a bad name

No worries. To homers, reality check: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

Now that I got your attention: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

He won't cost that much. He's also going to stay because like the Sedins, he's Swedish and Swedish players are loyal to Vancouver because Vancouver loves bringing in Swedish players. They're soft like satin and cute like cup cakes.

Edler will sign and give us less than half what Weber gives in a nightly basis for 3/4 the price. Bargain? Think again.

This team is going down the drains.

Ridiculous.

The team as a whole has had multiple meltdowns and for years Luongo has been what's kept this team afloat. Everyone has bad games but Luongo saves games. Most of the scoring chances on him are created by D turnovers and yes, amazingly some of those are from Edler and yes, Edler has had multiple meltdowns too. Everyone does. That being said, Luongo is a starting caliber goaltender in this league and Edler will not stick around for 5 million.

No worries. To homers, reality check: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

Now that I got your attention: Edler is not as good as Weber or Suter.

He won't cost that much. He's also going to stay because like the Sedins, he's Swedish and Swedish players are loyal to Vancouver because Vancouver loves bringing in Swedish players. They're soft like satin and cute like cup cakes.

Edler will sign and give us less than half what Weber gives in a nightly basis for 3/4 the price. Bargain? Think again.

This team is going down the drains.

Ridiculous.

how about we wait for the CBA, watch the rollback salary and cap limits and then re-sign him?

I think Canucks are lucky he is an RFA next year as opposed to this year as he would have cost us a lot more this summer with the way these crazy GMs throwing money around

Edler seems be a pretty good and happy guy here. I would say he would be willing to take less. Hopefully Gillis can get it sorted soon. It seems he doesn't worry about re-signing players too much, I mean Sedins re-signed hours before becoming UFA's. Gillis really should try and lock him up. He has been great and with the exception of this year, has always picked up his play in the playoffs.

Lock him up for at 4-6 years!!!

WOW. Can't believe people think Edler can be signed for 4.6-5M. Maybe if our cap was still at 60M.

It's now at 70M. There's no way Edler is signing for less than 5M.

5.5-6M would be a good discount for Edler.

MG's internal salary scale is in PERCENTAGES relative to the cap.

But I agree, we should sign him to an extension sooner rather than later. Same goes for Burr.

Anyone that thinks that Edler will sign for 4.6 mill is dilusional. If he hit the open market he would be offered 6 million per with some crazy 20 million in the first 2 year deal. I think the best case scenerio with a team discount would be 7 years at 5.5 - 5.8 mill per.

Remember Bieksa took a discount to stay and he is being paid 4.6 per. Edler is a far superior D man to Bieksa.

There is really no reason to trade Edler unless we get an Edler type player back. Since teams don't trade players like this, its pretty much a non topic.

A 7 year contract takes him to age 33. Right now we do not have one prospect that can develop into the likes of an Edler. My proposed contract would be.

7 years with a cap hit of 5.5 broke down like this 8 mil, 8 mil, 6 mil, 6 mil, 4 mil, 3.5 mil, 3 mil

Archived