The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The pipe dream that was Shea Weber

70seven

Paul Holmgren just crushed the wet dreams of thousands of Cancuks fans with the offer sheet signing of Shea Weber at a very high cost, which reportadley includes 56 million over the first 4 years, 20 million over the following two, 6 per for the next four, and a cap circumventing amount to finish the deal out.

I think its apparant that there is zero chance now of Weber becoming a Canuck any time soon. So what now?

I knew we weren't gonna get him anyways.

If Edler plays well next season, I think we should re-sign him, if he screws up, deal him at the deadline for a top 6 forward or another young d-man.

People who actually thought we could get Weber were day dreaming to begin with, I've always said we wouldn't give him the contract he wanted but nooooo, everyone kept on going about how he's from BC and how Vancouver is a nice place to play and blah blah blah blah...

move on.

The garrison deal looks so ever good now. I was just browing through next year list of UFA defencemens.

It's not very good. There are no good 27 or 28 year old dmans out there, and now then weber is off the list, it's that much more worst. Weber out of the Western conference is a benefit to us. We move on.

Why is it over??? The Preds can still trade his rights before they sign him (not after mind you). They could trade him to the Canucks for Edler, Ballard, Raymond and 2 firsts or something like that. Then we accept the offer sheet.

Don't be surprised if this is what Poile does cause the terms are set now get on with the bidding war.

I say go after him!!!

Why is it over??? The Preds can still trade his rights before they sign him (not after mind you). They could trade him to the Canucks for Edler, Ballard, Raymond and 2 firsts or something like that. Then we accept the offer sheet.

Don't be surprised if this is what Poile does cause the terms are set now get on with the bidding war.

I say go after him!!!

Why are you people so depressed? It's not like he was ever coming here, regardless of how many proposals you create I do not believe Shea Weber had any interest in coming here.

I'll be looking forward to the Pennsylvania rivalry next year. Pens/Fliers are both going to be ridiculously good.

That kind of money is pure insanity. I don't care how good he is, with that cap hit you can't have enough decent pieces around him to win. After the new CBA kicks in Philly or Nashville will have an anchor to deal with.

Poile would not be a good GM if he allowed Weber to stay in the West, let alone to one of the top teams in the conference.

Although me thinks Poile will match the sheet, and that Holmgren did this to light a fire under his friend's a$$. Weber really wants to stay in Nashville. It is as much his franchise, as it is Poile's or Trotz's. Now Poile can break the bank to prove it.

Weber is a player that wants to get paid, first and foremost. He knows it and will do all he can to fill his gunney sack before the CBA changes agreed upon take effect.

As far as Vancouver? We still have one the top defenses in the league. Adding Garrison only makes it younger, stronger, and armed with deadlier shots.

Edler has to use this coming season (if there is one) to prove that he can be the elite defensman he is touted to be. Make or break for him. Hopefully he is the one breaking others into the boards.

Don't be surprised if this is what Poile does cause the terms are set now get on with the bidding war. I

I say go after him!!!

Archived