The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The pipe dream that was Shea Weber

70seven

The contract Philly offered Weber was not outrageous. He is worth 8 million a year. For 13 years? Maybe not but the end is no doubt cap circumvention.

Polie has to match. There is no way 4 low first rounder is going to be worth Weber. Hes as good as Pronger was in his prime and hes only 27 still.

Hi, it's the "moron"',

Where did I get the idea Gillis didn't try to get Weber? Well, 'cause he said so!,,,weber had no offer sheet to reject from Van!

fYI: don't need to play NHL 12-- been going to games for longer than you've been out of PJS. Let's see who is crying in March.

there's no need to quote moron.. you've got the whole package :D

how did you know Weber didn't reject an offer sheet from Van? because nhl.com didn't say so? I don't ever remember seeing any offer sheets that are rejected reported though.. but I'm sure you can prove me wrong with your experience of going to games, and possibly managing teams?

also, why would anyone cry in March? as far as I remember Canucks either miss the playoffs by the last few games or get eliminated in first or second round, with exception to last year's cup run... all of those events take place in April / May / June.... so who would cry in March (save for flame fans), unless you're expecting us to actually miss the playoffs and already know that by March?

Hi, it's the "moron"',

Where did I get the idea Gillis didn't try to get Weber? Well, 'cause he said so!,,,weber had no offer sheet to reject from Van!

fYI: don't need to play NHL 12-- been going to games for longer than you've been out of PJS. Let's see who is crying in March.

Right, because signing players to offersheets is the only way to acquire an RFA. :picard:

You assume Gillis hadn't talked to Poile about acquiring Weber's rights?

And "crying in March"? Huh? Why would I be crying in March? For a guy who watches as much hockey as you say you do, you should probably be aware that the season doesn't end in March.

If you've been going to games for as long as you claim you have, it's even more alarming how little you seem to know.

Archived