The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I love you Sedins. 12.2M for both Sedins in this era is a blessing

Sedinry

It took a long time for the Sedins to grow on me, but now I'm very happy with them and their current contracts. I just wish they had that extra level of grit in the Playoffs. Aside from that, they're the most exciting Canucks to watch since Bure, and the most decorated Canucks of all time.

These are great years to be a Canuck.

With all this money talk, about Weber, Suter, Parise, let me just say, I love the Sedins.

At 6.1m, seeing as they are top 5 in this league, and I personally would take D.Sedin over Parise as left wing any day.

I may be biased but fact remains, D.Sedin IMO is a better player and is AAV 6.1m vs Parise @ 12m.

We are basically getting both Sedins for the price of what Zach Parise is going for the next 3 years.

What sucks for other NHL players is how the rise in Cap means players who had longer terms are now getting crap money comparably. I mean Parise is getting Crosby money, he is worth that, no.

Either way, thank you Sedins, not only for your play on ice, for your community work and hard work throughout the year but for staying in Vancouver for almost 3+ Million less than what you would fetch on the market.

Love your best fan,

Sedinry

Paul Kariya is better than the Sedins combined. Kariya,Sakic, Niedermayer, Weber, etc all wanted to play in Vancouver but didn't have the balls to come here. Everybody wants to play in Vancouver, just look at all the stars we've signed over the last few years. I'd be embarassed to play for a team like the Canucks.

The Sedins have more hardware than any of these big free agent signings and are legitimate superstars. I wouldn't call Parise a superstar, he's on the cusp but still just a good powerforward. Not to be mentioned in the same class as guys like Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby. Meanwhile the Sedins beat all 3 of them out to win Art Rosses, Ted Lindsays and Harts.

Archived