Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watermelons

An ex-NHL enforcer's perspective on the Steve Moore incident

41 posts in this topic

Thank you SO much for this.

Its awesome to see this point of view.

I've always been a huge bert fan, and it breaks my heart sometimes seeing the way he gets crucified for that incident.

It seems as if Moore was a cocky and arrogant guy, that's never really a good thing. He might have had it coming, but this whole thing got blown way out of proportion.

Another best part...

And then Moore, he fought, I think Cooke came after him and then he fought, which wasn't really a fight.

Great read - "At least he responded". Loved that, exactly what we need, and this is a great point of view.

I see what he's saying. Bertuzzi obviously went overboard with his revenge. But if you think about it, it's not as bad as guys like Cooke (before he cleaned things up) running around and knocking out multiple innocent unsuspecting players like Savard. Moore was not an innocent angel. The Bertuzzi incident got a lot of attention because it was so deliberate and obvious-looking to everyone watching. But other cheap shots can be just as deliberate, they just look more subtle on TV. If Bertuzzi had gone up and done it to a random star player like Forsberg, it would have been worse.

Great read - "At least he responded". Loved that, exactly what we need, and this is a great point of view.

Sounds a bit biased. He states he didn't even like Moore anyway. Then defends Todd because they both played a similar role and the fact Todd responded when nobody else did. The role of an enforcer. He did his duty and Parker respects him for that. Both were big burly bastards. But Todd could actually play the game well.

Then again it's actually nice to see someone defend him.

I've always felt that Moore tried to sell the punch. When you feel yourself about to fall face first with a 240lb man on your back, your first reaction is to brace yourself with your arms.

Was the punch really hard enough to instantly knock a guy out?

I always say, if Moore had just manned up and fought Cooke or someone, then nothing would have happened.

And don't get me started on why the coach even put Moore on the ice at the end of the game anyways. Pretty stupid, if you ask me.

I still, to this day, think Bertuzzi should have done jail time for his assault on Moore.

Todd Bertuzzi was my favourite Canuck at the time of the incident, too. After the attack, I lost all respect for him.

feline move, but at least he "stood up" for a teammate, which we rarely see with the 2012 version of the Canucks.

:towel::canucks:

You know what's most surprising about this article??? Scott Parker never went to college. :o

I've always felt that Moore tried to sell the punch. When you feel yourself about to fall face first with a 240lb man on your back, your first reaction is to brace yourself with your arms.

Was the punch really hard enough to instantly knock a guy out?

Have defended Big Bert since the moment Moore's face hit the ice. Reading this just makes me feel even better about it :) Awesome read !

I always say, if Moore had just manned up and fought Cooke or someone, then nothing would have happened.

And don't get me started on why the coach even put Moore on the ice at the end of the game anyways. Pretty stupid, if you ask me.

No, that was part of the problem. He went after Cooke.

When the other team demands retribution, you don't get to pick your dance partner (smallest player on the team) If he got hammered on by May when it happened in the first place, that would have been the end of it. (Ref sent May off with a misconduct for even trying to get at Moore)

I forgot to mention he should have fought May, my mistake, haha.

But yeah, while I feel bad for Moore and what happened, truthfully, as a hockey player, he should have known better, as well as his coach.

I mean seriously, half the Canucks team was chasing after Moore and you put the ???? guy on the ice at the end of the game? What the frack do you THINK will happen?