The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Key Games the Canucks Will Miss if There is a Lockout

DeNiro

I would hate to see the NHL locked out until December, but it's looking more and more like there will be one. Just how long is the question...

If we do happen to miss 2 months of the season, we're going to miss some key games.

-Half the games against the Red Wings, Home and Away :(

-Sami Salo's return home to Roger's Arena :(

-The always exciting Canucks vs Penguins matchup, this time likely without Luongo :(

-Having the Habs come into Rogers arena and having head to head fans vs fans :(

-The return of the Hawks, namely Duncan Keith to Rogers Arena :sadno:

-And potentially the annual Eastern road swing

I really am praying it doesn't go on this long, cause those are some exciting games to miss out on. Don't wanna depress anyone, just looking at what we could potentially be missing out.

Come on NHL, don't embarrass yourself again! Get this thing done! :frantic:

I don't think it will be fair to some teams if the schedule isn't changed, they might play good teams more and bad teams less.

IMO there should be a rescheduling no matter how long the lockout is.

It`s tough to just reschedule though when it`s uncertain how long the lockout will go.

There`s alot of things that go into planning a season that take a long time to workout. Like arena availability, hotel bookings, flights, balancing East Vs West matchups etc.

Regardless of whether there is a lockout or not, I think we have to take the current schedule with a grain of salt.

If there is a shortened season, they would look to abbreviate the schedule to ensure a somewhat balanced schedule. You can't just chop off the schedule to some magic date. You would wind up with some teams playing more games than other teams and many teams playing more home games vs away games (or vice versa).

Also... I believe realignment will be included in the new CBA. A realigned league would mean a realigned schedule.

So I don't think the current schedule will be the schedule we see, no matter when the season starts.

It`s tough to just reschedule though when it`s uncertain how long the lockout will go.

There`s alot of things that go into planning a season that take a long time to workout. Like arena availability, hotel bookings, flights, balancing East Vs West matchups etc.

think they not gonna settle much it going to be a long lockout poor fans players and no money for the teams when locked out revenue sales and stuff so so sad lol hahahaha like do you think they willl sell out or lock out best they move phoenix jus betmen paying thru the nhl move them or move other teams in trouble no more xpansion ever maybe seattle or move phoenix there

Archived