The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

German Shepherd found in Kitsilano dumpster dies

:D

It's a freaking dog. The point I'm trying to make is that we put more importance towards an animal than we do other humans.

Dogs are not humans and don't take precedence even if people have them as pets. An animal is an animal at the end of the day.

We eat animals and kill them everyday, they have no importance in life except providing us nutrition.

We need to focus on saving the children in 3rd world countries first. I could give a rats ass about a dog in what is obviously an isolated case.

This came up on my Facebook reel...

BC SPCA

http://www.facebook.com/bcspca

Breaking news: We have now dropped off recommendations for charges with crown counsel in the case of Captain, the dog that was left for dead in a dumpster. We are unable to name the person we are recommending be charged until charges have been accepted, however, we can say that we have recommended charges under the criminal code. Specifically: Causing unnecessary suffering

445.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who

(a) wilfully causes or, being the owner, wilfully permits to be caused unnecessary pain, suffering or injury to an animal or a bird;

( B) in any manner encourages, aids or assists at the fighting or baiting of animals or birds;

© wilfully, without reasonable excuse, administers a poisonous or an injurious drug or substance to a domestic animal or bird or an animal or a bird wild by nature that is kept in captivity or, being the owner of such an animal or a bird, wilfully permits a poisonous or an injurious drug or substance to be administered to it;

(d) promotes, arranges, conducts, assists in, receives money for or takes part in any meeting, competition, exhibition, pastime, practice, display or event at or in the course of which captive birds are liberated by hand, trap, contrivance or any other means for the purpose of being shot when they are liberated; or

(e) being the owner, occupier or person in charge of any premises, permits the premises or any part thereof to be used for a purpose mentioned in paragraph (d).

Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of

(a) an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years; or

( B) an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term of not more than eighteen months or to both.

It's a freaking dog. The point I'm trying to make is that we put more importance towards an animal than we do other humans.

Dogs are not humans and don't take precedence even if people have them as pets. An animal is an animal at the end of the day.

We eat animals and kill them everyday, they have no importance in life except providing us nutrition.

We need to focus on saving the children in 3rd world countries first. I could give a rats ass about a dog in what is obviously an isolated case.

I don't like animals or pets and don't really care about these incidents.

What I do care about is how we care more about these insignificant animals when children and people are getting killed, abused, mistreated. People would rather worry about a dog over a human being. Lets look at Africa for example. Children suffering, malnutrition, aids etc... Nobody gives a damn. But a poor old dog get more sympathy and attention.

Sometimes I think the human race is doomed.

Archived