The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

Whats more of a punishment?

Him doing $0.10/hr labor for the rest of his life, while constantly getting beaten up (if not killed) in prison, while having to be the in-house girlfriend of some fat guy named Bubba?

Or him just getting a lethal injection?

Because he will and they will be satisfied.

People like myself who are strong advocates for the death penalty really don't care about anything other than the guilty party, who clearly killed numerous people, and they are executed in a short period of time, so lunatics don't start coming out of the woodwork claiming the death penalty is wrong, we need to spare his poor soul, etc, etc.

I will go out on a limb here and say since its less than 24 hours after the shooting, EVERY single family member of every person killed last night wants this man to die, and I would not be surprised if this is the case.

I don't have a shred of sympathy for a person who kills at random.

This is not 'trolling' at all; my point wasn't towards the person who brought the baby to this particular theater. Someone mentioned that people bring babies to theaters/loud places all the time, and I just stated that it is bad for a baby's hearing which people refuted.

I don't recall advocating the banning of all guns. Perhaps you can provide a quote that says otherwise. What I am after is a ban on assault rifles.

My belief is that there would have been less casualties in this attack if the suspect had not had access to the assault rifle.

Furthermore, I would advocate a ban on any handgun capable of firing more than a half a dozen or so rounds. Surely it wouldn't take more than that to "protect" oneself from an attacker.

As far as I know, the second amendment was drafted a couple of huindred years ago and was intended to cover single shot weapons.

Oh definitely, we should just give him a hotel room at Mandalay bay with all expenses paid. After all, that poor soul only killed 14 innocent people in a random attack. Maybe we should cuddle him and give him money to buy more guns and kill more innocent people. So, not killing him would definitely put a stop to this?

Don't be a fool, wasting tax money on a waste of skin is a bigger slap to the face of the victim's families. Him being dead or alive won't bring back those people who died but him being dead would waste less of that tax money. And killing him should only cost $5 (a stainless steel butcher knife). We need to reduce the population a little bit so these people should be easy killing.

They should just ban all the guns, doesn't matter if its an assault rifle or a Glock. If you want to protect yourself, go to a karate class or use your damn fists. At least there would be 1 killing instead of 15-20 mass killings that seems to happen in US every year. From Columbine, to Virginia to this, and it probably will never stop unless they ban guns. Why would citizens need a gun? Gun should just be used by the police, military and secret agents. Just ban all guns and monitor gun importation heavily. Make it so that if a citizen has a gun, they would be locked up in prison for 5 years. We don't need guns and if people want to protect themselves, they should call the police or 911.

They should just ban all the guns, doesn't matter if its an assault rifle or a Glock. If you want to protect yourself, go to a karate class or use your damn fists. At least there would be 1 killing instead of 15-20 mass killings that seems to happen in US every year. From Columbine, to Virginia to this, and it probably will never stop unless they ban guns. Why would citizens need a gun? Gun should just be used by the police, military and secret agents. Just ban all guns and monitor gun importation heavily. Make it so that if a citizen has a gun, they would be locked up in prison for 5 years. We don't need guns and if people want to protect themselves, they should call the police or 911.

Archived