The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

1. The death penalty does not deter.

2. The death penalty is also very expensive.

3. Your view on his treatment in prison (or a mental health institue if he ends up there) is very narrow minded. You seem to be forgetting the part where he loses a large part of what make him human. Same goes with your comments on their families, I highly doubt they'll sleep easy if he's executed, seeing as their loved ones will still be dead.

Yeah, because I live in Canada. Guns don't kill people, but when we have a lot of stupid and insane people in this world, maybe we need to remove the guns. I guess you are fine with having guns and seeing mass killings every year in US. It must be really worth it just to have that AK-47 in the basement in case the aliens or the Al-Qaida come knocking down your door. The US spent billions and trillions on military yet their citizens should also have rights to bear arm for "protection".

rofl..

No amount of failed gun ban laws will ever make people realise how futile this is.. there's far too many guns in the world, far too many legal reasons to have one, to ban them because people break the law, and of course, the short-sightedness behind the notion that making guns illegal will prevent people who intend on committing an already illegal crime will care about the legality (or lack therof) of possessing a gun.

gl with that

Think about it like this though; drugs are illegal yet there still seems to be a pretty good supply of them anywhere you look.

Banning guns doesn't solve tragic situations like this...unfortunately. Probably doesn't even put a dent in it to be honest.

I guess you are fine with having guns and seeing mass killings every year in US. It must be really worth it just to have that AK-47 in the basement in case the aliens or the Al-Qaida come knocking down your door. The US spent billions and trillions on military yet their citizens should also have rights to bear arm for "protection".

Reading a thread like this really just shows peoples true colors on this site.

Come on, how does a a comment like "Want kind of moronic parents bring a baby to see batman?" get a popular rating?

12 people were killed and 70 people were injured and instead of feeling for the families that now have to deal with the loss of their loved ones all people can do is post such incredibly stupid comments such as the quote posted above.

I can just imagine what these families are going through. My thoughts are with them.

Agreed. I have lived both in Canada and the United States. The biggest misconception is when you get to the US you expect guns and crack on every corner. You expect to be blown away if you look at some guy the wrong way.

Incredibly, there is far more chance you are assaulted in Canada. Why? Because in Canada there is no fear of guns or any concealed weapon so people are far braver . They get into each others face all the time.

If you try to beak someone off in the US they can pull out a gun so you are VERY careful not to piss others off. No road rage, no dirty looks on the street.

Not a chance. You give everyone a wide birth .

Reading a thread like this really just shows peoples true colors on this site.

Come on, how does a a comment like "Want kind of moronic parents bring a baby to see batman?" get a popular rating?

12 people were killed and 70 people were injured and instead of feeling for the families that now have to deal with the loss of their loved ones all people can do is post such incredibly stupid comments such as the quote posted above.

I can just imagine what these families are going through. My thoughts are with them.

Are you kidding me? I'd rather live in Canada than US because our tougher gun laws is one of the main factors. In fact, I would never want to live in US just because every yahoo has a gun. I feel much safer taking a walk in downtown Vancouver at 12:00 am vs. the downtown of many US cities.

Give me one good example why people should have the right to eat Mcdonalds? It doesn't really matter.

It would hurt to try as well. It would be an extremely costly endeavor and it would only create an even larger black market for guns.

Again...banning guns does not solve this problem. Banning guns not only doesn't solve this problem it also creates/amplifies other problems. They'd get more out of and it would likely cost less if there was more training required to legally own a gun as well as tougher restrictions on types of guns but that still does nothing to stop what happened here.

I get that you don't like guns and want them banned...that's fine...the argument you're making however doesn't hold much water. I wish it did; I wish it was that easy.

Archived