The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

.. there's a group of these people on the forum, the internet has made them an expert at virtually everything, and there's a conspiracy behind almost every story. :lol:

I like your more pragmatic approach, but if people can buy guns legally, they can by munitions just as readily. Chris Rock is a comedian so he obviously uses hyperbole to get his joke across.. I get the point, but he and anyone who takes this advice seriously overlooks that bullets will be sold cheaper.. on the black market, creating yet another major criminal organisation on top of already existing ones relating to the broad spectrum of firearms and munitions.

It's hard not to laugh at the post you quoted, like someone with a gun should be combated with karate, ROFL. Even better, that only police and government should be allowed weapons.. the stupidity behind that is impossible to take seriously or as anything more than a troll. I'm still laughing at it days later. :lol:

Thread is devolving again. Back to the topic.

I think the cops exploded a water device inside the suspects apartment in an attempt to get rid of the booby traps. Also, I have heard the chief bomb detective has to wait until the temperature in Colorado cools off later today to get into the full body suit and inspect the apartment.

Thats the latest I have heard.

Yeah, good luck getting that through the customs. If it was this easy everyone and their grandmothers would order one to be shipped by USPS or Canada post right to their door. Yep, obviously it is super easy and you won't get caught. You could buy a lot of things online, from drugs, to guns and nuclear bombs but it doesn't mean you will actually have it in hand in 14 business days.

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

*VIDEO ON WEBPAGE LINK*

AURORA, CO -- A man who was at the Colorado movie theater where a dozen people were killed this morning, says he saw the gunman.

He says he thinks someone deliberately let the gunman inside once the movie started.

Here's what he told TV station KCNC this morning live on their newscast.

"As I was sitting down to get my seat, I noticed that a person came up to the front row, the front right, sat down, and as credits were going, it looked like he got a phone call. He went out toward the emergency exit doorway, which I thought was unusual to take a phone call. And it seemed like he probably pried it open, or probably did not let it latch all the way. As soon as the movie started, somebody came in, all black, gas mask, armor, and threw a gas can into the audience, and it went off, and then there were gunshots that took place."

Police arrested 24-year-old James Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, for the shootings.

At least 12 people were killed and 38 others wounded when the gunman opened fire during the midnight screening of the newest Batman film, "The Dark Knight Rises."

CNN

http://www.wkyc.com/...-movie-theater-

Conditioning by whom? It doesn't take any kind of "conditioning" to be upset by the fact that someone can kill 12 people injure over 50 more as easily as gearing up for a camping trip.

And since when do the "elite" want to take guns away? What about those rich conservatives like Charleton Heston?

Heston's dead, and when he was alive he was never anywhere near banker or business oligarch wealthy.It sucks that things like this can happen, I just wonder why they never seemed to happen back when guns, even automatic ones, were far easier to obtain legally than today? Up until the '70s in Canada you could legally own fully automatic weapons and it wasn't unual to see things like guns bringing guns to school for show and tell or because they were going shooting after school, and nobody freaked out.what's changed?

Canada stopped being a place where the local yokels were allowed to do whatever ignorant thing came to their half-wits, like sending Billy Bob and Peggy Sue to school barefoot, lice riddled and packin', like some podunk remnants of a backwater children of the corn homage.

.....in a nutshell.

Canada stopped being a place where the local yokels were allowed to do whatever ignorant thing came to their half-wits, like sending Billy Bob and Peggy Sue to school barefoot, lice riddled an?d packin', like some podunk remnants of a backwater children of the corn homage.

.....in a nutshell.

Do you take your kid to midnight screenings too? Just because you're a parent maybe think a little outside the box. I never even went to movies after 9pm until I was teen when I grew up. As I've stated, get a sitter, friends, family to watch over your kid while you go out if you're going that late. But to me a 4 month old baby would probably be more upset with the darkness, variable lighting, loud noises. If that seems old-fashioned to you so be it. I wouldn't take a kid to a late night movie, and certainly not a toddler.

And in a situation like this having children involved just adds more tragedy in an already horrific incident.

Archived