The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

There's something I'm confused about. They say he bought a ticket and entered the movie theatre like everyone else, but if so, then he stood in line with everyone with all his gear and stuff...? And if that isn't true and he entered through the emergency exit then someone mustve opened it for him...interesting

Doesn't the alarm sound if you open the emergency exit? How would he have had time to put all his gear on etc outside the emergency exit without someone noticing the door had been propped open. Also, weird how no one (that I've heard/read about) has mentioned seeing him in line for the ticket since thats supposedly how he got into the theatre

Doesn't the alarm sound if you open the emergency exit? How would he have had time to put all his gear on etc outside the emergency exit without someone noticing the door had been propped open. Also, weird how no one (that I've heard/read about) has mentioned seeing him in line for the ticket since thats supposedly how he got into the theatre

I'm not sure about your movie theatre, but I know at the ones I frequent, the doors at the bottom of the theatre are exit doors that lead to the parking lot. I usually high-tail it outta there to beat the crowds.

Also I was under the impression that the showing was sold out way before it was to start, I'm pretty sure buddy would have bought his ticket way in advance.

As for going in the theatre unnoticed, a hat and sunglasses work wonders. Just saying. None of the victims were probably keeping an eye out for a would-be killer but were probably just excited for the movie. Just my opinion.

I wish something like this would act as a watershed moment for Americans. This is the time to discuss gun control. The sad thing is the next shooting will be another missed opportunity and the one after that as well.

The right to own weapons is firmly entrenched in the American constitution but so was slavery at one point. Gun related violence is much higher in the USA than compared with countries who have guns...this is common sense. Sure there may be other factors that cause gun related violence to be more frequent (e.g. culture, drug trade, etc.) but access to weapons is surely a big factor.

If I was one of the victims of this terribly tragedy I would be sickened by some of the more vocal American's point of view. That even MORE guns would make things safer. That people kill people not guns.

Someone I read likened it to someone making a grammatical error with a pencil. It wasn't the pencil's fault it was the person's. This was the highest rated comment on the news report.

This issue doesn't get enough attention frankly and neither does the militarization of the police. I don't know what it will take for things to change. President's have been assassinated, high school children killed, etc. It doesn't seem to matter.

I wish something like this would act as a watershed moment for Americans. This is the time to discuss gun control. The sad thing is the next shooting will be another missed opportunity and the one after that as well.

The right to own weapons is firmly entrenched in the American constitution but so was slavery at one point. Gun related violence is much higher in the USA than compared with countries who have guns...this is common sense. Sure there may be other factors that cause gun related violence to be more frequent (e.g. culture, drug trade, etc.) but access to weapons is surely a big factor.

If I was one of the victims of this terribly tragedy I would be sickened by some of the more vocal American's point of view. That even MORE guns would make things safer. That people kill people not guns.

Someone I read likened it to someone making a grammatical error with a pencil. It wasn't the pencil's fault it was the person's. This was the highest rated comment on the news report.

This issue doesn't get enough attention frankly and neither does the militarization of the police. I don't know what it will take for things to change. President's have been assassinated, high school children killed, etc. It doesn't seem to matter.

Batman movie massacre 'miracle' as unborn baby survives mother's shooting

• by: Gillian Flaccus and Nicholas Riccardi

• July 23, 2012 3:39PM

THE Dark Knight Rises massacre has left Colorado in shock and grief, but there has been a miracle.

The mother of the youngest victim of the shooting spree was pregnant, and her unborn baby is still alive.

Ashley Moser, 25, is still fighting for her life in intensive care, despite being shot three times - once in the stomach and twice in the throat.

Ashley is the mother of Veronica-Moser Sullivan, who was killed in the cinema after alleged gunman James Holmes opened fire.

Her brother Robert said: "I don’t know how, but she still has the baby. Yesterday I was told she had lost it and today it’s OK. It’s a miracle," The Sun reports.

Since the shooting, Ashley has been in and out of consciousness.

Veronica's father Ian Sullivan, 26, has also spoken after the death of his daughter, saying: "She is the last girl I will ever love."

On his MySpace page, Ian described his little girl as "his number one hero".

"I am a proud father and I love life," he said.

Ashley was told about Veronica's death by her mother, a doctor and a chaplain, The New York Daily News reports.

At the time of the shooting, Veronica should have been tucked up in bed.

Veronica Moser-Sullivan

037929-veronica-moser-sullivan.gif

Veronica Moser-Sullivan ... the six-year-old girl who was killed in The Dark Knight Rises shooting. Source: Supplied

The news of the baby's survival comes after details emerged of how the military-style assault rifle used to gun down Batman moviegoers malfunctioned inside the cinema - possibly sparing more carnage.

A law enforcement official said the rifle had a high-capacity ammunition magazine and that it jammed, forcing massacre suspect James Holmes to switch to another weapon.

Aurora police chief Dan Oates has said a 100-round drum magazine was recovered at the scene of the shooting in suburban Denver. Oates said such a weapon would be able to fire 50 to 60 rounds a minute.

Police say Holmes also had two Glock pistols and a shotgun

my thoughts are with the mother who is fighting for 2 lives .

Batman movie massacre 'miracle' as unborn baby survives mother's shooting

• by: Gillian Flaccus and Nicholas Riccardi

• July 23, 2012 3:39PM

THE Dark Knight Rises massacre has left Colorado in shock and grief, but there has been a miracle.

The mother of the youngest victim of the shooting spree was pregnant, and her unborn baby is still alive.

Ashley Moser, 25, is still fighting for her life in intensive care, despite being shot three times - once in the stomach and twice in the throat.

Ashley is the mother of Veronica-Moser Sullivan, who was killed in the cinema after alleged gunman James Holmes opened fire.

Her brother Robert said: "I don’t know how, but she still has the baby. Yesterday I was told she had lost it and today it’s OK. It’s a miracle," The Sun reports.

Since the shooting, Ashley has been in and out of consciousness.

Veronica's father Ian Sullivan, 26, has also spoken after the death of his daughter, saying: "She is the last girl I will ever love."

On his MySpace page, Ian described his little girl as "his number one hero".

"I am a proud father and I love life," he said.

Ashley was told about Veronica's death by her mother, a doctor and a chaplain, The New York Daily News reports.

At the time of the shooting, Veronica should have been tucked up in bed.

Veronica Moser-Sullivan

037929-veronica-moser-sullivan.gif

Veronica Moser-Sullivan ... the six-year-old girl who was killed in The Dark Knight Rises shooting. Source: Supplied

The news of the baby's survival comes after details emerged of how the military-style assault rifle used to gun down Batman moviegoers malfunctioned inside the cinema - possibly sparing more carnage.

A law enforcement official said the rifle had a high-capacity ammunition magazine and that it jammed, forcing massacre suspect James Holmes to switch to another weapon.

Aurora police chief Dan Oates has said a 100-round drum magazine was recovered at the scene of the shooting in suburban Denver. Oates said such a weapon would be able to fire 50 to 60 rounds a minute.

Police say Holmes also had two Glock pistols and a shotgun

my thoughts are with the mother who is fighting for 2 lives .

Archived