Posted Image

#32 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Is there something in the water in Colorado? Or does higher altitude lead to brain damage?

A powder keg mix of easily accessible guns, hardline religious beliefs, and far right militant types.

#33 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Really? Really? The USA is a messed up place.

??????

There was a shooting in Toronto at the mall way before this....

Edited by Bryan McCabe.24, 20 July 2012 - 09:05 AM.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#34 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Sad that people will use this for a gun laws debate and speculate 'what if' all day long. Or use this to show their displeasure with the USA. In the end it doesn't matter to the victims. The best thing to do is accept what happened and move on. Maybe try understanding why the shooter did what he did. As much as I don't want to kill people, this shooter should be put to sleep like a bad dog. No rehabilitating someone who can just up and go on a murderous rampage at any moment.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#35 \/ijay

\/ijay

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

Where is there any mention of an Indian male?

In the OP:

Police said they were hunting an Indian male and began a manhunt at a local mall.

"They" being the two gunmen

#36 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

In the OP:

"They" being the two gunmen

Oh... didn't read the quoted text. I read the article in the link. It wasn't in there. There's a couple grammar errors in the IBTimes website that make the article hard to understand.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#37 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

More STINK.

One of the trailers shown before Dark Knight is Gangster Squad which has a scene of a mass shooting in a movie theatre.

http://www.deadline....l-i-complained/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBa5gPI6zgQ&feature=player_embedded#!

Posted Image

#38 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,017 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Wow so sad.

Colorado Avalanche sent this message via twitter:

@Avalanche
Our thoughts and deepest condolences go out to the victims and everyone affected by this horrible tragedy.

307mg00.jpg

#39 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

More STINK.

One of the trailers shown before Dark Knight is Gangster Squad which has a scene of a mass shooting in a movie theatre.

http://www.deadline....l-i-complained/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBa5gPI6zgQ&feature=player_embedded#!

That is quite dissettling. Horrible tragedy. If I were to guess, the man they arrested was in Med School but recently dropped out. I have a feeling his profile will be similar to the killers from Virginia Tech and Arizona. Probably stating the obvious, but there seems to be a real fascination with weaponry in all of these cases.

Holmes was studying for a PhD in neuroscience at the University of Colorado Denver, but withdrew from the program last month.

Holmes had no history with police other than one minor traffic ticket. Federal authorities maintain that he was not on any watch list that would indicate that he was dangerous, and the incident is not believed to be associated with any act of terrorism.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.../#ixzz21BPDeEL0

Edited by Down by the River, 20 July 2012 - 09:59 AM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#40 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

One of the girls, https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield, was a big Canucks fan. Knew the green men. RIP. My thoughts go our to their families.

Wow she was tweeting right up until the end... beautiful girl. So sad..So very sad :(

#41 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

One of the girls, https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield, was a big Canucks fan. Knew the green men. RIP. My thoughts go our to their families.

Wow crazy how she was tweeting about it...and how she had to convince a friend to come with her, wonder if they survived?

Go Canucks Go

#42 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

http://news.ca.msn.c...heatre-shooting

read the description of the girl in the theatre. It sounds like Normandy FFS.

#43 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,726 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Tragic. Hope whoever's behind this are brought to justice.

#44 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

shooters been caught. Police tried to raid his apartment but is bugged with booby traps.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#45 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

So messed up...RIP

#46 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

I hate this feeling of being so angry and helpless, to have not been able to stop such a thing.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#47 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

shooters been caught.  Police tried to raid his apartment but is bugged with booby traps.

CNN was reporting that there were no explosives found at his residence. Could be that the suspect just claimed there was.

And I disagree with Ed. This is the ideal time to bring up gun control. The US has more of these incidents than the rest of the 1st world combined. How many more innocents have to die at the hands of these clowns before they decide show some spine, stand up to the NRA and ban assault weapons.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#48 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

CNN was reporting that there were no explosives found at his residence. Could be that the suspect just claimed there was.

And I disagree with Ed. This is the ideal time to bring up gun control. The US has more of these incidents than the rest of the 1st world combined. How many more innocents have to die at the hands of these clowns before they decide show some spine, stand up to the NRA and ban assault weapons.

This is the ideal outcome, but in Colorado it may not be the realistic outcome. I was reading stories from several US websites, and often the comments left (and supported) by users was that people should be allowed to carry sidearms to defend themselves against this sort of situation. Opening up the discussion about gun control may not lead to the type of resolution you or I are looking for.

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

#49 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Now is a time for reflection. And to pay respect to the victims. In a week we can discuss gun laws again.

#50 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

This is the ideal outcome, but in Colorado it may not be the realistic outcome. I was reading stories from several US websites, and often the comments left (and supported) by users was that people should be allowed to carry sidearms to defend themselves against this sort of situation. Opening up the discussion about gun control may not lead to the type of resolution you or I are looking for.

I don't subscribe to the theory that more guns equals greater safety. IMO, the fewer guns there are and the harder they are to acquire, the safer people will be.

Specifically, I see absolutely zero reason for assault weapons to be available to members of the public.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#51 Hodgson!!

Hodgson!!

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...e-premiere.html

Police talking about the event live right now.

RIP. :(
Posted Image

Signature Made by Vintage Canuck

#52 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

I don't subscribe to the theory that more guns equals greater safety. IMO, the fewer guns there are and the harder they are to acquire, the safer people will be.

Specifically, I see absolutely zero reason for assault weapons to be available to members of the public.

I completely agree, I'm just saying there might be a million people in the state of Colorado who disagree. An emotionally charged, majority right-wing population could result in the type of revisions to gun laws that many of us really do not want to see.

#53 KelownaCanucksFan

KelownaCanucksFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

What the... This is completely shocking and disturbing news.

This is the last thing people would expect when going to watch the Dark Knight Rises, everyone is in good spirits and these pieces of filth do something so horrid.

I hope the people who had any part in this are caught and are given the death penalty.

Posted Image
Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the sig!

#54 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Want kind of moronic parents bring a baby to see batman?

Does something else seem wrong with this picture:

Late night (Midnight) showing.

+ 3 month old baby

+ On a 2.5+ hour movie with loud noises, darkness

Seriously, are parents that selfish and self-absorbed? Get a damn sitter! It's not like your baby will remember the movie. Now it might be wounded and traumatised for life!

Perhaps they couldn't get a sitter for this event?

Children that young aren't taken to a theatre to watch the movie, they sleep through it which is what they would have been doing at home with an expensive babysitter anyway It was a midnight showing, child would have slept through the whole thing. Personally, I wouldn't take a child that young to a movie theatre period but I can see how some would. And it doesn't make them bad parents, I know several very good parents who have done the exact same thing when their children were small and they couldn't get a sitter. Child in Snuggli, child sleeps through drive to theatre, all through movie, all the way home, through being placed back in crib, parents had much needed night out, no need to pay sitter.....everyone happy. Tragic things happen and sometimes in life, people are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The woman whose child (in a stroller) was run over in the crosswalk at the corner where a big truck was turning shouldn't have taken her child out with her that day either? She should have got a sitter? Because, well, it's dangerous out there, pollution, sound from traffic, airborne diseases......... and it's not like the child would have remembered that walk anyway, right?

I'm guessing neither of the two posters above have children.

---------------------

My condolences to the families and friends of those killed and wounded. A happy and exciting time attending the premiere of a long awaited movie should not have ended in such tragedy.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 20 July 2012 - 11:12 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#55 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

I completely agree, I'm just saying there might be a million people in the state of Colorado who disagree. An emotionally charged, majority right-wing population could result in the type of revisions to gun laws that many of us really do not want to see.

I'm sure that you're correct. Many people would be upset....

...however, I don't believe that people necessarily know what's good for them. Many people in the US are dead set against universal healthcare as well....

#56 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Colorado voted Democratic last election.

#57 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Colorado voted Democratic last election.

For the first time since 1962, with the exception of 1992. Moreover, even if the state did vote democrat, that doesn't mean that there still aren't millions of republicans contained within the state. Additionally, voting democrat and having right-wings views are not mutually exclusive variables. 'Democrats' in the US are not the same as 'Liberals' or 'NDP' in Canada. What can be considered left wing views in the US might be considered right wing views in Canada.

#58 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

Sad to see so much gun violence in the U.S. and so many cowardly politicians afraid to go after the guns that slaughter the innocent.

Sadly, this won't be the last case of mass murder we see in the U.S. because of lax gun laws mixed with people with bad intentions.

Tough for law enforcement to prevent this....classic 'lone wolf' scenario.

Many sympathies to the ones who've lost their friends and family in this senseless act.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#59 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Good ol' America..
Posted Image

#60 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I cant believe some of you are going to try to politicize this.

Narcissism rears its ugly head.

Lets stay with the actual event and leave the spin out of it . This is a terrible day for everyone and our thoughts should be with the victims
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.