#181 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Whats more of a punishment?

Him doing $0.10/hr labor for the rest of his life, while constantly getting beaten up (if not killed) in prison, while having to be the in-house girlfriend of some fat guy named Bubba?

Or him just getting a lethal injection?

The best thing to do is give him 20 lashes a day and put his feet in a rat cage with his hands tied up. Him doing labor and eating free food from the prison while the victims tax dollars going for his accommodation is ironic and ridiculous. After 1 year of punishment, he should be executed so no more tax money is wasted in that waste of skin.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

QUOTE (pacecar @ Aug 2 2009, 11:53 AM) Sheep are ok but horses, ewww.

Posted Image

#182 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'm actually still SO stunned by this. What a twisted, messed up, disgustting person. I am against the death penalty but its times like this where I think I would make an exception.
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#183 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Because he will and they will be satisfied.

People like myself who are strong advocates for the death penalty really don't care about anything other than the guilty party, who clearly killed numerous people, and they are executed in a short period of time, so lunatics don't start coming out of the woodwork claiming the death penalty is wrong, we need to spare his poor soul, etc, etc.

I will go out on a limb here and say since its less than 24 hours after the shooting, EVERY single family member of every person killed last night wants this man to die, and I would not be surprised if this is the case.

I don't have a shred of sympathy for a person who kills at random.

That is what freaking pisses me off man. Kill 20 people then go to prison for life eating free food and having accommodations and activities. I bet in Canada, this guy would be free after 10 years in a mental institute.

Posted Image

QUOTE (Rye and Kesler @ Jun 29 2009, 10:24 PM) Where is Celebrities? I am tryin to find it on Club vibes but i can't find it. Is it relatively new? Sounds good though we will have to check it out.

I think Germany is the exception because they should know how to use their own balls.

Posted Image

#184 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'm actually still SO stunned by this. What a twisted, messed up, disgustting person. I am against the death penalty but its times like this where I think I would make an exception.

I honestly think death penalty is needed for people like this. We don't want to spend more tax money in losers like this just so they can "suffer" a little bit while getting to the old age. Don't even need to spend stupid money on expensive painless injection. This guy deserves pain and needs to be cut off from this life as cheaply as possible.

Edited by DefCon1, 20 July 2012 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#185 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Posted Image

#186 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

You think no one can conscientiously decide to do what he did? Of course they can.

He may not be insane, maybe he's just evil?

He obviously made the choice, but only an insane mind would consider doing such a thing. Evil is a state of insanity. There is no such thing as Sane Evil. You act evil because you have mental health issues. Even if in his own head what he thought he was doing was justified and rational, its doesn't mean hes not insane.There is absolutely nothing sane about what he did.

Edited by hsedin33, 20 July 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#187 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

He obviously made the choice, but only an insane mind would consider doing such a thing. Evil is a state of insanity. There is no such thing as Sane Evil. You act evil because you have mental health issues.

Not quite. In fact, not even close. Be able to make a choice implies rationality and criminal intent, i.e., mens rea. Insanity and intent are mutually exclusive. If you are insane, you cannot have intent which is why we have NCRMD (it's called something else in the states). This guy clearly planned everything out. Buying the ticket, slipping out through the emergency exit and propping the door open, going to his car to arm himself. He made a choice, thus he had intent and is not insane.

Sane and evil...kind of describes America's most notorious mobsters.

Edited by Gran Turismo, 20 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

#188 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

OK, they aren't innocent and after you murder them neither are you. If taking life makes you feel better have at it, but don't fool yourself into thinking that will stop this from happening.

Oh definitely, we should just give him a hotel room at Mandalay bay with all expenses paid. After all, that poor soul only killed 14 innocent people in a random attack. Maybe we should cuddle him and give him money to buy more guns and kill more innocent people. So, not killing him would definitely put a stop to this?

Don't be a fool, wasting tax money on a waste of skin is a bigger slap to the face of the victim's families. Him being dead or alive won't bring back those people who died but him being dead would waste less of that tax money. And killing him should only cost $5 (a stainless steel butcher knife). We need to reduce the population a little bit so these people should be easy killing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#189 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#190 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRdD1yDiR0

We also may have seen this event somewhere before.

Posted Image

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#191 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

By the way, all news sources I am seeing at this point are saying 12 dead not 14. I know 12 is still 12 too many but I think OP should consider changing the title if the death toll is indeed 12.
Posted Image

#192 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

By the way, all news sources I am seeing at this point are saying 12 dead not 14. I know 12 is still 12 too many but I think OP should consider changing the title if the death toll is indeed 12.

OP may have to change it a few times before all is said and done. Hopefully not. :(
Posted Image

#193 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

12, 14, 25, 100 are all just big numbers. Fact of the matter is, 0 people should've been killed when they attended the theater. Its just too tragic that it was a non-zero number.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#194 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

This is not 'trolling' at all; my point wasn't towards the person who brought the baby to this particular theater. Someone mentioned that people bring babies to theaters/loud places all the time, and I just stated that it is bad for a baby's hearing which people refuted.

Man, 12 people already dead and you are talking about the baby's hearing? What would it matter now, the baby is dead too. Jesus Christ some people just have their priorities messed up. It is a free country and people can bring whatever they like without being killed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#195 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't recall advocating the banning of all guns. Perhaps you can provide a quote that says otherwise. What I am after is a ban on assault rifles.

My belief is that there would have been less casualties in this attack if the suspect had not had access to the assault rifle.

Furthermore, I would advocate a ban on any handgun capable of firing more than a half a dozen or so rounds. Surely it wouldn't take more than that to "protect" oneself from an attacker.

As far as I know, the second amendment was drafted a couple of huindred years ago and was intended to cover single shot weapons.

They should just ban all the guns, doesn't matter if its an assault rifle or a Glock. If you want to protect yourself, go to a karate class or use your damn fists. At least there would be 1 killing instead of 15-20 mass killings that seems to happen in US every year. From Columbine, to Virginia to this, and it probably will never stop unless they ban guns. Why would citizens need a gun? Gun should just be used by the police, military and secret agents. Just ban all guns and monitor gun importation heavily. Make it so that if a citizen has a gun, they would be locked up in prison for 5 years. We don't need guns and if people want to protect themselves, they should call the police or 911.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#196 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Oh definitely, we should just give him a hotel room at Mandalay bay with all expenses paid. After all, that poor soul only killed 14 innocent people in a random attack. Maybe we should cuddle him and give him money to buy more guns and kill more innocent people. So, not killing him would definitely put a stop to this?

Don't be a fool, wasting tax money on a waste of skin is a bigger slap to the face of the victim's families. Him being dead or alive won't bring back those people who died but him being dead would waste less of that tax money. And killing him should only cost $5 (a stainless steel butcher knife). We need to reduce the population a little bit so these people should be easy killing.

First off Mandalay Bay sucks. It's tucked away at the far end of the strip next to Luxor and Excalibur. Bellagio and Wynn are where it's at.

Killing him would definitely put a stop to HIM doing any more harm. Won't do anything to stop the next shooter though.

The issue isn't how much it would cost to keep him in prison. How pissed off were you at those pallets of cash that went missing in Iraq? You know the ones with billions of dollars in them? How pissed off are you that the Federal Reserve loans money to banks at zero interest for the purpose of making small business loans and those banks turn around and buy treasuries (essentially loaning it back to the government for interest risk free) with it?

I am guessing the issue you have is with him being kept alive. Actually, it is a valid issue. When it comes to the death penalty I am ambivalent. I would side with the majority of the population which ever way they saw it.

The purpose of prison is not to punish. It is to rehabilitate. So that these people can re-integrate into society. Obviously some people commit crimes so heinous that there is no rehabilitating them. So what is the point in housing them? It is an interesting question. Probably one best suited for a different thread so as not to derail this one.

As far as the $5 stainless steel butcher knife. If you think you have what it takes to be executioner then you have my vote and my full confidence.

#197 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

They should just ban all the guns, doesn't matter if its an assault rifle or a Glock. If you want to protect yourself, go to a karate class or use your damn fists. At least there would be 1 killing instead of 15-20 mass killings that seems to happen in US every year. From Columbine, to Virginia to this, and it probably will never stop unless they ban guns. Why would citizens need a gun? Gun should just be used by the police, military and secret agents. Just ban all guns and monitor gun importation heavily. Make it so that if a citizen has a gun, they would be locked up in prison for 5 years. We don't need guns and if people want to protect themselves, they should call the police or 911.

rofl..

No amount of failed gun ban laws will ever make people realise how futile this is.. there's far too many guns in the world, far too many legal reasons to have one, to ban them because people break the law, and of course, the short-sightedness behind the notion that making guns illegal will prevent people who intend on committing an already illegal crime will care about the legality (or lack therof) of possessing a gun.

gl with that

Edited by zaibatsu, 20 July 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#198 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

NBC said the gunman dyed his hair red, and told the police he is the Joker.

I thought there is no Joker in this movie.

http://usnews.msnbc...._utmk=115988486

Yes there is.

Posted Image

#199 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Something tells me you're not going to get that guest speaker slot at the next NRA convention.

#200 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Something tells me you're not going to get that guest speaker slot at the next NRA convention.

Or the next logic convention.

However, they will be the guest speaker at the "overreaction" convention.

Probably the next popular convention to the "humourless" and "politically correct" conventions.

Edited by zaibatsu, 20 July 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#201 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

1. The death penalty does not deter.

2. The death penalty is also very expensive.

3. Your view on his treatment in prison (or a mental health institue if he ends up there) is very narrow minded. You seem to be forgetting the part where he loses a large part of what make him human. Same goes with your comments on their families, I highly doubt they'll sleep easy if he's executed, seeing as their loved ones will still be dead.

Life in prison or a mental institution is also expensive. Although it is ridiculous that these painless injections they use to execute someone can be so expensive. Sometimes the laws and procedures in North America is so backwards, I kind of sit back and laugh. Also, the victim's family tax money would go into the judiciary system and the prison system just so this guy can live a bit longer, isn't that ironic?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#202 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRdD1yDiR0

Reason number one million four hundred and three why Alex Jones is a POS and can go screw himself.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#203 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, because I live in Canada. Guns don't kill people, but when we have a lot of stupid and insane people in this world, maybe we need to remove the guns. I guess you are fine with having guns and seeing mass killings every year in US. It must be really worth it just to have that AK-47 in the basement in case the aliens or the Al-Qaida come knocking down your door. The US spent billions and trillions on military yet their citizens should also have rights to bear arm for "protection".

Posted Image

Posted Image

#204 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, because I live in Canada. Guns don't kill people, but when we have a lot of stupid and insane people in this world, maybe we need to remove the guns. I guess you are fine with having guns and seeing mass killings every year in US. It must be really worth it just to have that AK-47 in the basement in case the aliens or the Al-Qaida come knocking down your door. The US spent billions and trillions on military yet their citizens should also have rights to bear arm for "protection".

Think about it like this though; drugs are illegal yet there still seems to be a pretty good supply of them anywhere you look.

Banning guns doesn't solve tragic situations like this...unfortunately. Probably doesn't even put a dent in it to be honest.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#205 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

rofl..

No amount of failed gun ban laws will ever make people realise how futile this is.. there's far too many guns in the world, far too many legal reasons to have one, to ban them because people break the law, and of course, the short-sightedness behind the notion that making guns illegal will prevent people who intend on committing an already illegal crime will care about the legality (or lack therof) of possessing a gun.

gl with that

Yeah, banning them and banning importations of the gun into US and putting a hefty penalty on anyone that owns a gun will not make any difference at all :rolleyes:
Maybe having easy access to guns are better, so the people in the theaters could protect themselves better...oh wait
All am saying is, we should make it much tougher to possess a gun or have access to a gun. But of course, we should just sit on our hands and do nothing. Hopefully it will resolve itself, right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#206 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

i don't condone gun violence but those saying that banning guns is the end all to these problems are living in a fantasy. guns are also illegal in mexico and that place is litteraly hell on earth, the cartels run the place.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#207 DefCon1

DefCon1

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Think about it like this though; drugs are illegal yet there still seems to be a pretty good supply of them anywhere you look.

Banning guns doesn't solve tragic situations like this...unfortunately. Probably doesn't even put a dent in it to be honest.

Trying wouldn't hurt, would it? I just want to see tougher gun laws. Now whether it makes a dent or not, wouldn't matter when guns are not even a necessity unlike drugs. I mean, give me one good example why people should have rights to own a gun aside for "protection"?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#208 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

i don't condone gun violence but those saying that banning guns is the end all to these problems are living in a fantasy. guns are also illegal in mexico and that place is litteraly hell on earth, the cartels run the place.

Agreed. I have lived both in Canada and the United States. The biggest misconception is when you get to the US you expect guns and crack on every corner. You expect to be blown away if you look at some guy the wrong way.

Incredibly, there is far more chance you are assaulted in Canada. Why? Because in Canada there is no fear of guns or any concealed weapon so people are far braver . They get into each others face all the time.

If you try to beak someone off in the US they can pull out a gun so you are VERY careful not to piss others off. No road rage, no dirty looks on the street.

Not a chance. You give everyone a wide birth .
Posted Image

#209 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I guess you are fine with having guns and seeing mass killings every year in US. It must be really worth it just to have that AK-47 in the basement in case the aliens or the Al-Qaida come knocking down your door. The US spent billions and trillions on military yet their citizens should also have rights to bear arm for "protection".

Not sure what gave you that idea. I'm not a fan of guns and would have no problem with stricter gun control.

#210 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Trying wouldn't hurt, would it? I just want to see tougher gun laws. Now whether it makes a dent or not, wouldn't matter when guns are not even a necessity unlike drugs. I mean, give me one good example why people should have rights to own a gun aside for "protection"?

Give me one good example why people should have the right to eat Mcdonalds? It doesn't really matter.

It would hurt to try as well. It would be an extremely costly endeavor and it would only create an even larger black market for guns.

Again...banning guns does not solve this problem. Banning guns not only doesn't solve this problem it also creates/amplifies other problems. They'd get more out of and it would likely cost less if there was more training required to legally own a gun as well as tougher restrictions on types of guns but that still does nothing to stop what happened here.

I get that you don't like guns and want them banned...that's fine...the argument you're making however doesn't hold much water. I wish it did; I wish it was that easy.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.