The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

I know. Gun lobbyists always trot this out to support their right to bear arms. What they almost ALWAYS fail to mention is that the 2nd amendment was made at a time when the US had just claimed independence from Britain. It was important THEN to have the population armed as they were a fledgling country and feared British reprisal.

The US of today is a far different place. They have a well armed military and police force. There's no reason anymore for regular citizens to carry guns.

I know. Gun lobbyists always trot this out to support their right to bear arms. What they almost ALWAYS fail to mention is that the 2nd amendment was made at a time when the US had just claimed independence from Britain. It was important THEN to have the population armed as they were a fledgling country and feared British reprisal.

The US of today is a far different place. They have a well armed military and police force. There's no reason anymore for regular citizens to carry guns.

The US has the the 2nd amendment that says there is a right to bear arms.  So unless there is a constitution amendent, guns will never be banned.

CNN says the suspect had 4 guns, an A-15 semi-assault rifle, Remington Shotgun, and a  2Glock hand guns.  If asssault rifles were banned, there would be still shot guns and hand guns available.

There are estimated more than than 300 MILLION guns in the US.   The horse is out of the gate.  How will gun control stop these killings?   With so many guns out there?

These are no gun deaths in China.  Because gun ownership is illegal in China.  There are no gun shops in China.

So should guns be banned and existing guns confiscated?  That is the only way such shootings can be prevented.  But then we have the 2nd amendment to deal with.

So, the department of corrections should feed him, house him, cloth him, etc until the day he dies, costing taxpayers thousands upon thousand of dollars?

No thanks, I believe the families will all want him executed, and he should be.

Ethical or not, he is a POS and needs to pay the ultimate sacrifice, and trust me, the families will sleep well each night even after that POS is executed.

Lethal injection is what Colorado does, this scumbag will get his in a few years after all appeals are exhausted.

1. The death penalty does not deter.

2. The death penalty is also very expensive.

3. Your view on his treatment in prison (or a mental health institue if he ends up there) is very narrow minded. You seem to be forgetting the part where he loses a large part of what make him human. Same goes with your comments on their families, I highly doubt they'll sleep easy if he's executed, seeing as their loved ones will still be dead.

I am not a fan of the death penalty. I think he is innocent until proven guilty. But if he is found gulity, then he needs to get life in prison and work 40 hrs a week.

The proceeds go to the victims family until the guy is 65 years old.

I am not a fan of the death penalty. I think he is innocent until proven guilty. But if he is found gulity, then he needs to get life in prison and work 40 hrs a week.

The proceeds go to the victims family until the guy is 65 years old.

Did I say anything about deter?

I have lived in the United States for a long time and everyone I know is all for the death penalty, and could care less about people like yourself with these pleas of help for a sick individual.

Its the best solution, and yes, they will sleep better knowing that animal is gone for good.

Did I say anything about deter?

I have lived in the United States for a long time and everyone I know is all for the death penalty, and could care less about people like yourself with these pleas of help for a sick individual.

Its the best solution, and yes, they will sleep better knowing that animal is gone for good.

The biggest problem with the death penalty as it currently stands is that most of these guys end up on death row for decades dragging the victims families through the appeals process with them. It is also far far more expensive in the long run.

I also believe death is the EASY way out for these people. Death is something that comes to everybody and is not something to be feared imo.. Life imprisonment is not something I would ever want to experience. The death penalty on the other hand is no penalty at all imo if the alternative is living in a dungeon. I'd be saying, bring on the needle!

I totally agree but on the other hand its a form of justice that is allowed, and my guess is some families would say they don't care how long it takes, as long as it happens, this way he will fear every day of his life knowing its coming.

I have been involved with funeral homes for a long time and have heard stories over the years that no matter how scared or not scared someone is of dying, even an atheist will say something like "God help me" when he knows he is dying shortly.

They need to stab a needle in his arm and rid society of this non human.

If you say so, as long as he is exterminated.

When the general population was granted the right to bear arms, arms meant pistols and muskets. Not semi automatic weapons.

When the ban on assault weapons expired in 2004 I recall seeing Senator Bill Frist interviewed on tv. He reasoned that letting the ban expire was the right thing to do because it wasn't very effective in that people still got their hands on them.

What kind of bloody stupid logic is that? We have a ban against murder as well, but people still get murdered. Should we undo the laws against murder?

Got to love it when your politicians are bought and paid for.

Pretty much the opposite in most cases. Dragging the victim's family through the appeal process is agonizing and prolongs the pain as well as media publicity. They're pretty much re-living the experience each time and this can last for years. Life w/o parole on the other hand begins right after sentencing, and is done so with much less publicity which spares the family. I'm pretty sure some families can sleep just as easily knowing that the culprit is going to rot behind bars for the rest of their life.

Ive yet to come across how he was exactly apprehended? Does anyone know?

Usually you see the shooter go in a shootout with police (eventually get killed) or commit suicide right after these kind of events

Surprised the police didnt shoot this armed murderer dead

Archived