The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 People Shot Dead at Dark Knight Rises Theatre in Denver

Dellins

Ive yet to come across how he was exactly apprehended? Does anyone know?

Usually you see the shooter go in a shootout with police (eventually get killed) or commit suicide right after these kind of events

Surprised the police didnt shoot this armed murderer dead

Ive yet to come across how he was exactly apprehended? Does anyone know?

Usually you see the shooter go in a shootout with police (eventually get killed) or commit suicide right after these kind of events

Surprised the police didnt shoot this armed murderer dead

People is the USA KNOW it takes a long time, they are well aware of this and have seen it numerous times while watching the news of other mass murders, so you have supplied nothing new, everyone is well aware it takes a long process and it sucks.

His death will give those families more satisfaction than his life behind bars.

You can argue till the cows come home, it does not matter, Colorado is one state that ALLOWS the death penalty, and it will be served here, on a plate, in the form of a needle, in due time.

Cops investigating sex site profile

A man claiming to be James Holmes created a profile on a popular sex website just days before "The Dark Knight Rises" massacre ... in which he described his penis as "short/average" ... and law enforcement sources tell TMZ investigators are now looking at the site to determine its authenticity.

"Holmes" created the profile on AdultFriendFinder.com July 5 -- and included a picture of himself with reddish, orange hair ... just as officials in Aurora, CO said he looked when he was apprehended Friday morning.

"Holmes" -- who used the screen name classicjimbo -- included a cryptic message on the top of the profile which reads, "Will you visit me in prison?"

In his profile, "Holmes" says he's 6'0" and single ... with an athletic body. Note -- the FBI says Holmes is 6'3".

"Holmes" describes himself as a "light/social drinker" ... but in the section where he's asked if he smokes or does drugs, he answered, "I'd prefer not to say."

0720-james-holmes-adult-friend-finder-4.jpg

"Holmes" also noted that he's circumcised.

"Holmes" described himself as a straight man ... and said he was seeking a sexual relationship with "Women, Couples (man and woman), Groups or Couples (2 women)."

"Holmes" also notes that he's interested in "Erotic Chat or Email, Discreet Relationship, 1-on-1 sex or Group sex (3 or more!)"

In the section marked, "Introduction" ... "Holmes" said, "Looking for a fling or casual sex gal. Am a nice guy. Well, as nice enough of a guy who does these sort of shenanigans."

According to the website, "Holmes" last logged in to the site sometime in the past 3 days.

"Holmes" posted 2 different photos of himself -- including one shot in which he is posed in front of an image of a woman while wearing headphones

0723-james-holmes-orange-wm-1.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/james-holmes-sex-website-penis-cops/

First off, I'm not even arguing if he should or will get the death penalty. You are, however, unequivocally arguing that this guy will indeed get the death penalty and the families will indeed be satisfied. But how can you be so certain on the latter point?

Them knowing or expecting it doesn't make it any easier. And while they know it will take a long time, they don't know how long exactly it will take. "In due time"...that time will unfortuneatly be scheduled far too late after more damage is done.

As for them being able to sleep easier, you can't possibly know that. It's conjecture as your voice is not representative of theirs. Some people, families of premeditated murder victims even, are satisfied with long prison sentences. Even in cases where the accused gets 45-55 years (not even life). You know what helps victim's families sleep at night? Resources and services for victims, the same resources and services that are underfunded and neglected due to the high cost of capital punishment and the prolongation of the appeal process.

Because he will and they will be satisfied.

People like myself who are strong advocates for the death penalty really don't care about anything other than the guilty party, who clearly killed numerous people, and they are executed in a short period of time, so lunatics don't start coming out of the woodwork claiming the death penalty is wrong, we need to spare his poor soul, etc, etc.

I will go out on a limb here and say since its less than 24 hours after the shooting, EVERY single family member of every person killed last night wants this man to die, and I would not be surprised if this is the case.

I don't have a shred of sympathy for a person who kills at random.

People like myself who are strong advocates for the death penalty really don't care about anything other than the guilty party, who clearly killed numerous people, and they are executed in a short period of time, so lunatics don't start coming out of the woodwork claiming the death penalty is wrong, we need to spare his poor soul, etc, etc.

I will go out on a limb here and say since its less than 24 hours after the shooting, EVERY single family member of every person killed last night wants this man to die, and I would not be surprised if this is the case.

Whats more of a punishment?

Him doing $0.10/hr labor for the rest of his life, while constantly getting beaten up (if not killed) in prison, while having to be the in-house girlfriend of some fat guy named Bubba?

Or him just getting a lethal injection?

Man after seeing everything i possibly can about this today its depressed me, I can't even imagine what kind of messed up thoughts someone has to have to do something like this. My thoughts go out to the families of the killed and injured.

This is what I believe. The guy wants to make licence plates and other manual labor for the next 40 years with all of those proceeds going to the victims heirs? NO chance of parole . Nothing.

The guy will be begging for death after 3 months.

And that's exactly one of the downfalls of the death penalty. By solely focusing on the offender, it ignores the needs of the victims and/or their families. Knowing that the person will die or watching him or her die is not enough to acommodate for those needs. I'm not even arguing in favour of the offender at this point. Maybe in a perfect world will executions be employed in a short period of time after the crime, but unfortunately in the real world the bureaucratization of this whole system makes it impossible.

It's sorta annoying that so many of you are acting like Jessica Redfield's death is somehow more important than the other victims. Or should be talked about more than the others. I don't know...it's just annoying to me.

Anyway, RIP to all the victims. I pray God gives the family strength and peace during this very difficult time.

Archived