#1 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

POPULAR

The Canucks' fourth line center ended the season with 19 points (nine goals and ten assists) while playing all 82 games. His 244 hits ranks first in the team (Kevin Bieksa is second with 159) and eleventh in the entire league, he managed to do this while only playing 11:13 minutes per game, the only person who had less ice-time while playing more than 24 games was Dale Weise.

Lapierre got just above a minute’s worth of PK-ice time every game (seventh among forwards), he won more than half of all face offs he took. Lapierre ranked first on the team in penalty minutes, but only tenth in minor minutes. He is also one of the league’s best agitators.

And he does this making the least money on the team (not counting the rookies) at $1million a year.
To me he is one of the most under-rated players on the team, and I really hope Gillis signs him next year as well.

#2 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

That's becaus everyone in the league hates him, but we love him.

Successful troll is successful.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#3 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

He had great chemistry with Burrows playing on the 1st line with Henrik when Daniel was injured. Showed he is capable of playing a much larger role in a pinch.

Great player when he keeps his mouth shut and just plays the game.

#4 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

He had great chemistry with Burrows playing on the 1st line with Henrik when Daniel was injured. Showed he is capable of playing a much larger role in a pinch.

Great player when he keeps his mouth shut and just plays the game.

Man, oh, man. When he smiles I can imagine opposing teams' fans wanting to punch him through their TVs. I think Jim Hughson said it best.

How do you not punch that?!

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

View Postdajusta, on 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#5 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

He's a great player for us... A great trade for him, and great signing by Gillis...

He reminds me of Hansen.. Hardworking, Loyal, Skillful, Speedy, Hits a lot, Can drop the gloves, Can put up some points, Has heart, Can play on any line, Can defend the against the league's top players... and Lappy wins a lot of Faceoffs.

Lappy (and Hansen) are great players to have on your team.. They can do it all, and do it well.

Edited by Wheels22, 20 July 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#6 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'm not sure how most Canucks' fans reacted when we first got Lappiere, I was so excited, I knew he'd be a perfect fit for the team, I just love agitators.

I hope we keep him until he decides to retire.

Posted Image

St. Louis Blues STHS GM Posted Image

#7 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

I'm not sure how most Canucks' fans reacted when we first got Lappiere, I was so excited, I knew he'd be a perfect fit for the team, I just love agitators.

I fell in love with his playing style watching him in the playoffs for Montreal. I was like, we need guys like that. Still remember SCF game 5. What a feeling!
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

View Postdajusta, on 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#8 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,028 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

All of the above. He just seems to love the game and that translates into endless energy and determination. Love him on this team...

Posted Image

#9 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Lappy is a keeper.

No idea why the mgmt never kept together Lappy,Burr and Henrik.

Mgmt seemed to shuffle the lines to lose as that line was a killer.

What were they thinking shuffling the d pairs and Higgy and Lappy right as the playoffs began.

It seemed like mgmt. made the decision to lose because they blew it.

#10 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

He's a great player for us... A great trade for him, and great signing by Gillis...

He reminds me of Hansen.. Hardworking, Loyal, Skillful, Speedy, Hits a lot, Can drop the gloves, Can put up some points, Has heart, Can play on any line, Can defend the against the league's top players... and Lappy wins a lot of Faceoffs.

Lappy (and Hansen) are great players to have on your team.. They can do it all, and do it well.

IMO he's better than Hansen

#11 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

I'm with you, great pick-up.

Posted Image

#12 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Way too immature and embarassing of a hockey player for my liking. Wish he wasn't here.

#13 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Way too immature and embarassing of a hockey player for my liking. Wish he wasn't here.

He has some skills but his trolling crap against the Kings was embarassing. The Kings just laughed at him and played their game and won.

#14 todos_somos_Canucks

todos_somos_Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hahahaha, obvious troll is obvious.

Lots of love for Lapierre. Especially love that 4-0 goal against the Yotes. <--- would love to see that from the angle of one of those high-speed board cameras.
Ni på andra sidan är ni klara!?!?

#15 radski

radski

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

They certainly are. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that they're not both 6'4" and 220lbs. We'd have a couple less holes to fill on the team if that were the case - oh and probably a Stanley Cup by now :bigblush:

#16 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

They certainly are. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that they're not both 6'4" and 220lbs. We'd have a couple less holes to fill on the team if that were the case - oh and probably a Stanley Cup by now :bigblush:

Lappy still hits like a truck!

#17 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Agree that Lapierre is under rated. He's got size (6'2" 207), decent set wheels and pair of hands, still relatively young by pro sports standards (27), a good banger, and defensively responsible.

I believe he needs to be given more responsibilities (i.e., more PK time, more difficult shut down assignments, etc.) and he's shown that he can provide some offense when given the opportunity. But I share those who have concerns about his "antics" on the ice, though I would have to say that he's shown more maturity as a Canuck than as a Duck and Hab (and Rocket...I got a chance to see him play as a 17 year old for the Montreal Rocket...just imagine a tall, skinny, obnoxious kid running around the ice trying to hit and bother everyone and you have Lapierre as a pimply faced teenager playing in the Q...he was a beauty).

I'd love to see a line of Burrows LW -- Kesler C -- Lapierre RW for a sustained stretch. I remember a couple of games in 2011-2012 when they played as a trio, thinking that they looked pretty good. As long as they stuck to playing hockey, I can see this line being a dominating shut-down line that could deliver 60 goals and being a tough line to play against.

#18 Ovech Trick

Ovech Trick

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

He his quickly becoming one of my favorite Canucks
Posted Image

Capitalist Hockey League - Minnesota Wild GM

#19 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,784 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

He his quickly becoming one of my favorite Canucks

Same!
Posted Image

#20 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Man, oh, man. When he smiles I can imagine opposing teams' fans wanting to punch him through their TVs. I think Jim Hughson said it best.

Yeah, I live close to Toronto so I get to watch a lot of North East Division games. My god, when this guy was a hab it was a miracle he made it out of Montreal alive. He's toned down his antics quite a bit since joining the Canucks but imagine the whole mocking Bergeron "do you want to bite my finger?" incident in the Finals and multiply the intensity to the Nth degree. I can safely say that after 6 years of dealing with him as a hab, the Bruins hate this guy with a passion of a thousand suns.

All I can really say is:

Edited by rbcanucks87, 20 July 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#21 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

He's a pretty good hockey player, but his attitude & demeanor are really awful, and that's why he'll never be more than a marginal 3rd line player unless and until that changes.

NOBODY respects him. He's not like Dan Carcillo/Jordin Tootoo, who people legitimately would want on their team. Lapierre is just a yappy, annoying, puke, that you'd love to play AGAINST, so you can try and hurt him. This hampers his ability to grow as a player.

#22 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

He's one helluva troll.
I'm glad he's on our team. Haters gonna hate.

If someone is brought in to play with the twins, I'd drop Burr to the third,

and have a

Burrows-Lapierre-Hansen

"troll" line.

Having a good bottom 6 is very important.
To think we got him for very little. Great acquisition.

Edited by hockeywoot, 20 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#23 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,888 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Lapierre is awesome, tbh I wish we would just let him run loose once in a while. Especially against a team like Chicago, he would troll them so hard.

#24 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

I like his energy on the 4th line, agree with people that say it looks like he's having fun out there. And he's as annoying as ever, but lately he's also been fighting more often. Maybe not very well, but at least he's backing up his chirping now.

Edited by etsen3, 20 July 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#25 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Now imagine if the Canucks had Matt Martin from the Isles too! Who, you ask? A 21 year old enforcer that lead the league in hits by a mile this season. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn't draft him. Instead we took Prab Rai.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 20 July 2012 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Good fourth line center.
Posted Image

#27 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

IMO he's better than Hansen

I think Hansen is much better skater, has more offensive upside, and is a much better defender. Hansen keeps his mouth shut, his head down, and just plays his game. This is all while defending the oppositions best players. Lapierre has the skill to be a very good 3rd line center, and I would love to see them on a line together with Higgins, but Hansen still has way more upside than Lapierre. And Hansen just keeps getting better and better.

Edited by 5minutesinthebox, 20 July 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#28 xCANUCKAHOLICx

xCANUCKAHOLICx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

i was pretty happy when lappy came to the nucks i remember everyone talking him down we dont need this dude he will bring us down he sucks he will spend the game in the penalty box hahaha now its all different.

#29 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

He's a pretty good hockey player, but his attitude & demeanor are really awful, and that's why he'll never be more than a marginal 3rd line player unless and until that changes.

NOBODY respects him. He's not like Dan Carcillo/Jordin Tootoo, who people legitimately would want on their team. Lapierre is just a yappy, annoying, puke, that you'd love to play AGAINST, so you can try and hurt him. This hampers his ability to grow as a player.

Tootoo I can see, but no one wants Carcillo on their team. He is a liabilty.

#30 Walking Paradox

Walking Paradox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

And...

My favourite goals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.