The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maxim Lapierre, one of the more under-rated players on the team

uber_pwnzor

He's a pretty good hockey player, but his attitude & demeanor are really awful, and that's why he'll never be more than a marginal 3rd line player unless and until that changes.

NOBODY respects him. He's not like Dan Carcillo/Jordin Tootoo, who people legitimately would want on their team. Lapierre is just a yappy, annoying, puke, that you'd love to play AGAINST, so you can try and hurt him. This hampers his ability to grow as a player.

He's one helluva troll.

I'm glad he's on our team. Haters gonna hate.

If someone is brought in to play with the twins, I'd drop Burr to the third,

and have a

Burrows-Lapierre-Hansen

"troll" line.

Having a good bottom 6 is very important.

To think we got him for very little. Great acquisition.

I like his energy on the 4th line, agree with people that say it looks like he's having fun out there. And he's as annoying as ever, but lately he's also been fighting more often. Maybe not very well, but at least he's backing up his chirping now.

He's a pretty good hockey player, but his attitude & demeanor are really awful, and that's why he'll never be more than a marginal 3rd line player unless and until that changes.

NOBODY respects him. He's not like Dan Carcillo/Jordin Tootoo, who people legitimately would want on their team. Lapierre is just a yappy, annoying, puke, that you'd love to play AGAINST, so you can try and hurt him. This hampers his ability to grow as a player.

I agree, he's an underated player. I think he has more skill than playing on the fourth line shows. Lappy seemed to make good use of, and enjoy his time playing with Henrik and Burr. I think this upcoming season he could be used more, given a chance to center the second line while Kesler's out. He fights hard for the puck consistently, and could potentially be a decent playmaker for Booth and Raymond. The third line would be centered by Shroeder. When Kes gets back, Lappy can play on the third line (if MG doesn't sign another center), and Malhotra can have the fourth line all to himself. Higgins-Lappy-Hansen sounds like a really effective line, with multiple skills, toughness, grinders and a scoring touch. I don't mind his yapping just as long as he backs it up with his fists every now and then.

Mocking the other team, yapping at them, doing little things to annoy them, marginal hits. Some or all of these things are what other teams pride themselves on doing to shut down the Sedin line. Do you think the Chicago or Boston fans agonize over the fact that they have players who do that? At least Maxim isn't going out there low-bridging guys or engaging in the obvious intent to injure that Duncan Keith did on Daniel. Cut the guy some slack...if the league really didn't want that going on they could stop it, along with the stuff that really matters [the stuff that ends careers].

I agree with the OP. Lappy is a seriously underrated player. He works hard and is one of the best pests in the league. And hands down, he has the best smirk in the NHL. Beiksa might have an awesomely mean game face, but Lappy could make his own momma want to punch him with that smirk. :lol:

Walking Paradox, thanks for posting the videos. That Coyotes goal was one of my favorites of the year. It was AWESOME! It still makes me laugh because that's Lappy at his pest-y best. And the Boston goal still makes me giddy with glee.

Personally I would like to see him get an extension in the near future for Burrows previous contract. 4 years @ 2M/yr

I think he IS the 3rd line center we need, Alain just hasn't played him there enough. He was pretty much the engine running the 3rd line in our 2011 playoff run with Torres and Hansen.

Give Higgins 4 years at 2.5M and Lapierre 4 years at 2M and we have a bomb 3rd line for years to come.

Completely solid point.

Gillis letting him go would be a terribly sad mistake. He had some great shorthanded goals last year, and in the playoffs he's always one been one of those players that just finds that next gear inside of him and just make huge plays and gives it all he's got. It's really something. Watching him in the 10-11 playoffs just blew me away, and i instantly realized how under-appreciated he was.

Seriously hope we sign him up for a while longer.

Guest Dasein

I don't worry about our 4th line when Lappy is there - he's rock solid and always gives his all in the minutes he earns. I like seeing him on our 3rd line and I think that's where he should try to get to - he is lacking some offensive numbers to be there permanently, but I hope to see him get close to 20 goals and 40 points and become a solid 3rd line center for us in the next year or two.

Archived