The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Alexei Yashin has a concrete offer from unnamed NHL team.

I actually would love for Yashin to return and see Milbury's reaction.

I can't stand Milbury and his anti Canuck bias.

The icing on the cake would be Yashin comes to Vancouver and scores the Stanley Cup winning goal in a re-match vs Milbury's beloved Bruins! :)

Buyouts if I remember correctly are resolved once they are accepted by the league. The player being bought out receives 2/3 of the money remaining on the contract value in a lump sum, the resultant cap hit spread over twice the remaining term is really just smoke. It counts toward the cap ceiling of the team, but there's no actual money being spent year to year.

Opinion isn't reality.

500k will get you a guy who can barely qualify for this level of play, and will probably contribute 8 points while being a -11.

Whether you like Yashin or not, he's a guy who scored 781 points in 850 games, a career .91 points per game in the NHL. The guy can pass and can shoot. He can play Center or wing. Even at his age, I sincerely doubt he'd be playing for under 2 million. We pay Raymond over 2 million for 20 points, and Pahlsson made 2.75 million for 4 goals. I'll gladly take Yashin on the 2nd line over Raymond.

How about a training camp invite? Let him prove he wants to be on the team by taking on Kassian? :bigblush:

1 year, 1m contract.

Give him a shot. If he's in it for the money, then he won't take it. If he wants one last crack at it, then he will, as he'd get a real chance to make a difference.

I remember watching him... his talent was always incredible, but he just didn't have the heart. Maybe he's grown one in his old age; he did start to show some leadership for the Isles when he got bought out, simply because he cost too much.

It's a no risk signing if it's done on the cheap. If you want a reclamation project, bring in one who originally had the talent to begin with.

Opinion isn't reality.

500k will get you a guy who can barely qualify for this level of play, and will probably contribute 8 points while being a -11.

Whether you like Yashin or not, he's a guy who scored 781 points in 850 games, a career .91 points per game in the NHL. The guy can pass and can shoot. He can play Center or wing. Even at his age, I sincerely doubt he'd be playing for under 2 million. We pay Raymond over 2 million for 20 points, and Pahlsson made 2.75 million for 4 goals. I'll gladly take Yashin on the 2nd line over Raymond.

Yashin>Raymond + Yashin=versatility & utility that MG appreciates - (LW/C, PP unit, etc.)

Low risk high reward if we can snag him for under 2Mil for 1year contract. Yashin probably wants to win a cup too and what better position he would be in achieving this than with the Canucks. Worst case scenario he is demoted to the 4th line. Let's get him to at least the tryout camp before we sign him or not.

Yashin>Raymond + Yashin=versatility & utility that MG appreciates - (LW/C, PP unit, etc.)

Low risk high reward if we can snag him for under 2Mil for 1year contract. Yashin probably wants to win a cup too and what better position he would be in achieving this than with the Canucks. Worst case scenario he is demoted to the 4th line. Let's get him to at least the tryout camp before we sign him or not.

Better option than Kesler as 2C yes. Centers pass to their wings. Good centers pass to their wings and score some. Great centers are rare.

Kesler on the third line, where he belongs, wins the Cup; one of the hardest job in hockey is 3C and Kesler does it perfectly.

Can Yashin be that 1Cb? Most likely not. But the Canucks are in need of a legitimate secondary threat which Kesler as a 2C does not offer.

Lecavalier or Thornton would be sufficient.

Better option than Kesler as 2C yes. Centers pass to their wings. Good centers pass to their wings and score some. Great centers are rare.

Kesler on the third line, where he belongs, wins the Cup; one of the hardest job in hockey is 3C and Kesler does it perfectly.

Can Yashin be that 1Cb? Most likely not. But the Canucks are in need of a legitimate secondary threat which Kesler as a 2C does not offer.

Lecavalier or Thornton would be sufficient.

Sorry guys... U are on crack if u think Kesler is #3 center.

70 points. 30+ assists... Come on.

Forget the pass first bs... He passed first a bunch when he was healthy and had speed - hard to make space with your speed so u can pass to someone wen u are hobbled...

Lockout is the best thing thy can happen for kess.... Could turn him from a 30-40 point guy to a 70-80 point guy - if he can actually get healthy. Same thing happened to selanne last lockout, if u recall?

Sorry I'm giving up on fixing iPhone autocorrect ...

Archived