Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Report) Alexei Yashin has a concrete offer from unnamed NHL team.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
96 replies to this topic

#61 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

He isn't physical, he has horrible character and his defensive game is shot. Maybe some crap team could take a chance on him for 500K. If I was a GM I wouldn't go near him.

Opinion isn't reality.

500k will get you a guy who can barely qualify for this level of play, and will probably contribute 8 points while being a -11.

Whether you like Yashin or not, he's a guy who scored 781 points in 850 games, a career .91 points per game in the NHL. The guy can pass and can shoot. He can play Center or wing. Even at his age, I sincerely doubt he'd be playing for under 2 million. We pay Raymond over 2 million for 20 points, and Pahlsson made 2.75 million for 4 goals. I'll gladly take Yashin on the 2nd line over Raymond.

#62 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

http://www.nhlkollen.se/

As self groin på twitter in morse så name the if that New Jersey är interested of Alexei Yashin. Tänk if he should chalk på för djävlarna. Wonder how passport was hating he had become på Long Iceland då?

Devils interested in Yashin.

#63 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Parise>Yashin. But Kovalchuk-Yashin-Elias might work out.

Edited by CHIPS, 08 August 2012 - 07:28 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#64 LuongoG1

LuongoG1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Strictly trying to boost his value for a KHL contract. Even if teams did offer it there's no chance he's taking it seroiusly, he's only using it as leverage.

#65 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

"Long Iceland"... I love it!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#66 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Considering the Devils only have 2 actual centers that had more than 10 points last season, they could certainly use Yashin, old or not. Yeah, Zajac was injured, and Zubrus was playing center, but I think another decent center/wing would certainly help their depth, especially if Sykora isn't back for the utility depth.

Edited by Jester@wraiths.ca, 09 August 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#67 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

I actually would love for Yashin to return and see Milbury's reaction.

I can't stand Milbury and his anti Canuck bias.

The icing on the cake would be Yashin comes to Vancouver and scores the Stanley Cup winning goal in a re-match vs Milbury's beloved Bruins! :)

That would be awesome! I hate Milbury

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#68 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Buyouts if I remember correctly are resolved once they are accepted by the league. The player being bought out receives 2/3 of the money remaining on the contract value in a lump sum, the resultant cap hit spread over twice the remaining term is really just smoke. It counts toward the cap ceiling of the team, but there's no actual money being spent year to year.

#69 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

At the 2001 draft.

To OTT: Chara, Muckalt and 2nd overall (Spezza)
To NYI: Yashin (UFA)

:picard:

Milbury is so smart, and also good at everything.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#70 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

I heard Ottawa offered to encase him in concrete.

#71 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Opinion isn't reality.

500k will get you a guy who can barely qualify for this level of play, and will probably contribute 8 points while being a -11.

Whether you like Yashin or not, he's a guy who scored 781 points in 850 games, a career .91 points per game in the NHL. The guy can pass and can shoot. He can play Center or wing. Even at his age, I sincerely doubt he'd be playing for under 2 million. We pay Raymond over 2 million for 20 points, and Pahlsson made 2.75 million for 4 goals. I'll gladly take Yashin on the 2nd line over Raymond.

8 points and -11...Yashin seems capable. I am not denying his skill level and abilities when he was in the NHL.

He is 38 and has had major declines in production from 64 points in 09-10 down to 20 points last season. Shirokov on the same team put up 47 and he also got outscored by guys like Parshin and Zubov.
Sig too big.

#72 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Milbury is so smart, and also good at everything.

+1
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#73 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

How about a training camp invite? Let him prove he wants to be on the team by taking on Kassian? :bigblush:

1 year, 1m contract.

Give him a shot. If he's in it for the money, then he won't take it. If he wants one last crack at it, then he will, as he'd get a real chance to make a difference.

I remember watching him... his talent was always incredible, but he just didn't have the heart. Maybe he's grown one in his old age; he did start to show some leadership for the Isles when he got bought out, simply because he cost too much.

It's a no risk signing if it's done on the cheap. If you want a reclamation project, bring in one who originally had the talent to begin with.

Yashin = center.

Yashin is useless in Vancouver. He is old, and he is a winger. Raymond has a far more value than he does.

#74 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Opinion isn't reality.

What's going on on CDC??? People starting to make too much sense!!!

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS
BOOTH - YASHIN - KESLER

S. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS
RAYMOND - KESLER - BOOTH

Yep. You're right.

Posted Image

#75 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yashin>Raymond + Yashin=versatility & utility that MG appreciates - (LW/C, PP unit, etc.)

Low risk high reward if we can snag him for under 2Mil for 1year contract. Yashin probably wants to win a cup too and what better position he would be in achieving this than with the Canucks. Worst case scenario he is demoted to the 4th line. Let's get him to at least the tryout camp before we sign him or not.

Edited by djsandwiches, 12 August 2012 - 03:15 PM.

Cheers!

#76 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yashin>Raymond + Yashin=versatility & utility that MG appreciates - (LW/C, PP unit, etc.)

Low risk high reward if we can snag him for under 2Mil for 1year contract. Yashin probably wants to win a cup too and what better position he would be in achieving this than with the Canucks. Worst case scenario he is demoted to the 4th line. Let's get him to at least the tryout camp before we sign him or not.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - DOAN
BOOTH - YASHIN - KASSIAN
BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN
HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - RAYMOND

Posted Image

#77 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

GHL, are you actually thinking that Yashin is a good option for us, and furthermore would bump Kesler down to the 3rd line?

MirandaKerr.jpg

#78 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

GHL, are you actually thinking that Yashin is a good option for us, and furthermore would bump Kesler down to the 3rd line?

Better option than Kesler as 2C yes. Centers pass to their wings. Good centers pass to their wings and score some. Great centers are rare.

Kesler on the third line, where he belongs, wins the Cup; one of the hardest job in hockey is 3C and Kesler does it perfectly.

Can Yashin be that 1Cb? Most likely not. But the Canucks are in need of a legitimate secondary threat which Kesler as a 2C does not offer.

Lecavalier or Thornton would be sufficient.

Edited by GHL, 12 August 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

#79 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Better option than Kesler as 2C yes. Centers pass to their wings. Good centers pass to their wings and score some. Great centers are rare.

Kesler on the third line, where he belongs, wins the Cup; one of the hardest job in hockey is 3C and Kesler does it perfectly.

Can Yashin be that 1Cb? Most likely not. But the Canucks are in need of a legitimate secondary threat which Kesler as a 2C does not offer.

While I agree with you mostly, Lecavlier has a $7.7M contract and Thornton is a cool $7M.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#80 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, if we got a more naturally offensive 2nd line center who was actually better than Kesler, then he would be the best 3rd line center in the league, hands down.

Where the hell are we going to get one of those?

Yashin is NOT better than Kesler, and you should be tarred and feathered if you think there's even a possibility that he is.

I could probably count on one hand how many 2Cs there are in the league that are available and good enough to bump Kesler to 3C, and to get any of them we'd have to trade assets to get them.

Oh wait, we could offer Ballard Raymond Schroeder Rodin and a 1st.

Plan the parade.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#81 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Sorry guys... U are on crack if u think Kesler is #3 center.

70 points. 30+ assists... Come on.

Forget the pass first bs... He passed first a bunch when he was healthy and had speed - hard to make space with your speed so u can pass to someone wen u are hobbled...

Lockout is the best thing thy can happen for kess.... Could turn him from a 30-40 point guy to a 70-80 point guy - if he can actually get healthy. Same thing happened to selanne last lockout, if u recall?

Sorry I'm giving up on fixing iPhone autocorrect ...

Edited by canucksnihilist, 12 August 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#82 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'd be quite happy with Yashin filling in on the 2nd line while Kesler was rehabbing. We would then have the option of trying Yashin with Kesler and Booth on the 2nd or switching Yashin or Kesler into the 3rd spot depending on what look they wanted to go for (a shutdown line or a 3rd line for scoring). An experienced guy that can play Center or Wing gives a lot of flexibility. We have nobody on the roster that would have better potential as a fill in like this.

#83 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sorry guys... U are on crack if u think Kesler is #3 center.

70 points. 30+ assists... Come on.

Forget the pass first bs... He passed first a bunch when he was healthy and had speed - hard to make space with your speed so u can pass to someone wen u are hobbled...

Lockout is the best thing thy can happen for kess.... Could turn him from a 30-40 point guy to a 70-80 point guy - if he can actually get healthy. Same thing happened to selanne last lockout, if u recall?

Sorry I'm giving up on fixing iPhone autocorrect ...

Kesler:

77GP 22G 27A 49PTS
82GP 41G 32A 73PTS
82GP 25G 50A 75PTS
82GP 26G 33A 59PTS

Hopefully you're right in your assessment of Kesler. So far, he looks done. I mean according to CDC, one bad year determines the career...

If indeed one could say Kesler is a passer, thanks to Sundin, he trusts not his wings then.

Edited by GHL, 14 August 2012 - 12:25 AM.

Posted Image

#84 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

When I saw "Yashin" and "concrete offer" in the title, the first thing that came to mind was concrete shoes and the Ottawa river.

::D

Edited by Baggins, 15 August 2012 - 06:10 AM.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#85 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

Imagine Radulov - Yashin - Ovechkin all that passing!

#86 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

stars maybe?
Posted Image

#87 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

clutch? The clutch? Or different clutch?

MirandaKerr.jpg

#88 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

It will probably be irrelevant since neither Yashin or any other player will likely play in the NHL this season... (or at least start the season on time).

#89 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

It will probably be irrelevant since neither Yashin or any other player will likely play in the NHL this season... (or at least start the season on time).

I think you need a hug.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#90 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

clutch? The clutch? Or different clutch?

I would guess different clutch.

note: Joined date

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.