The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unlucky to be a Canucks fan...? Heart goes out to Colorado victims :(

Neutral-Zoned

Read bolded part below, we keep ending up on the wrong side of the news...

Denver victim just missed Toronto Eaton Centre shooting

8410A132C5FB6E4A64D99FC7F9E011.jpg

One of the 12 people reportedly killed in a mass shooting at a screening of the latest Batman movie in Denver was at the Eaton Centre in Toronto on June 2 moments before a gunman open fire in the mall's busy food court.

Jessica Redfield, also known as Jessica Ghawi, was among those killed in the shooting spree late Thursday night, her parents told local media in her home state of Texas.

Ghawi tweeted from the movie theatre in Denver before the fatal attack, saying that the movie was to begin in 20 minutes.

Shortly after the movie began, a gunman entered the theatre and began firing into the crowd from the front of the room, killing 12 people and injuring at least 38 others, authorities said.

Jordan Ghawi, who identified himself as Jessica's brother, tweeted a short time later that Jessica had been critically wounded in the theatre.

"Well this could easily be the worst night of my life," he wrote. "It appears that my sister has been fatally wounded in a mass shooting at a movie premiere in Denver, CO."

On a blog attributed to Redfield, she described herself as an aspiring sports reporter who was born in Texas and was living in Colorado.

She had apparently befriended Vancouver Canucks superfans The Green Men, who tweeted early Friday morning that their "hearts go out to the victims of the Colorado Shooting. We knew one of the victims. RIP @JessicaRedfield."

Less than a month ago, Redfield had written a blog post about surviving the Eaton Centre shooting in Toronto, in which two people were killed and six others were injured.

"I can't get this odd feeling out of my chest,: This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away," she wrote.

"I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm‘s way.

"It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting."

Oh please... it's because of people like you that we will spend most of our lives paying taxes to support this garbage as they get a nice bed, a gym, and 3 meals a day.

This is why Vince Li is found not criminally responsible and is allowed to parade around on the streets again.

This is why Andres Breivik is now living in a nicer facility than I am and is going to have chess playing parters because it is "too cruel" to put him in isolation.

This is why Magnotta will face exactly the same fate.

Extreme pacifism, or whatever it is you have, is just as bad as extreme violence. Get back to me when, God forbid, one of those victims is your wife, husband, daughter, son, father, mother, or best friend. You will be singing a different tune.

Archived