The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unlucky to be a Canucks fan...? Heart goes out to Colorado victims :(

Neutral-Zoned

Guest BuckFoston
Keep in mind, it reportedly takes less of our tax dollars to lock them up for life than it does to execute them due to the appeals process.

Wow, America is a stupid place with stupid owners.

I was watching Colbert a while back and he had an American on who wrote a book about Canada after having to stay there for a summer. He was amazed at how different it was. Colbert asked him for examples and he said, "Well you can't carry guns around there".

Colbert's reply was, "Wow, that is so unsafe, how would we protect ourselves."? :sadno:

It reportedly costs $150,000 per year to keep someone locked up. Some people live for a long time.

Wow, America is a stupid place with stupid owners.

I was watching Colbert a while back and he had an American on who wrote a book about Canada after having to stay there for a summer. He was amazed at how different it was. Colbert asked him for examples and he said, "Well you can't carry guns around there".

Colbert's reply was, "Wow, that is so unsafe, how would we protect ourselves."? :sadno:

On the other hand, lets just make murder illegal, surely criminals and psychos will stop if they make it illegal right? :sadno:

Your heart is in the right place, unfortunately bans don't make a lick of difference. If you look at places in the states like New york, Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, they have very restrictive gun laws and yet the most gun crime. Did prohibition of alcohol in the 20's work? Sorry, that just isn't the answer.

Instead of feel good laws that cost lots of money for no benefit (like the long gun registry) we need to direct that money to things like mental health care and awareness and other social services to help mentally ill people. Surely this fellow who did the shooting had exhibited warning signs before having this breakdown. Perhaps if he received help earlier on in life it wouldn't have come to this.

Still, sometimes you just cant prevent a tragedy like this because mental health issues can be unpredictable.

At this point we all just have to give our prayers and support to the victims of this horrible disgusting crime.

RIP

Of course, I agree something is inherently wrong with the system and I can't say I support the death penalty 100% because even in today's day and age we still put innocent people away. That's a whole different story though, I am 100% FOR exterminating anyone like this who is clearly guilty, and I don't care if that makes me an animal or whatever. We are all animals anyway.

What scares me most is how well equipped this guy sounded... he had explosives, gas bombs, and assault rifled, bullet proof vest and SWAT issued helmet, according to the report I read.

That is an absolutely unreasonable amount of hardware for a private citizen to just have.

What an awful tragedy. Wonder what made him do it.

If that is really the answer then how do you explain this kind of stuff only happening in the States? Very few times do u hear of a mass shooting in Canada thats for sure, it's always in the redneck ignorant country below us. RIP

Strap this guy to a chair. Dim the lights. Throw on a movie. About 10 minutes in bring in an all black dressed swat member with an ak and shoot a few rounds past his head. Maybe one into his leg for good measure. Then interview him after and ask him how he enjoyed that.

Oh please... it's because of people like you that we will spend most of our lives paying taxes to support this garbage as they get a nice bed, a gym, and 3 meals a day.

This is why Vince Li is found not criminally responsible and is allowed to parade around on the streets again.

This is why Andres Breivik is now living in a nicer facility than I am and is going to have chess playing parters because it is "too cruel" to put him in isolation.

This is why Magnotta will face exactly the same fate.

Extreme pacifism, or whatever it is you have, is just as bad as extreme violence. Get back to me when, God forbid, one of those victims is your wife, husband, daughter, son, father, mother, or best friend. You will be singing a different tune.

Definitely a tragedy, but I'm missing the correlation as to why this is in Canucks talk?

You're out weighing the situation with the fact a Canucks fan died in the shooting.

Seriously, there's a thread on this in off topic. Sad thing to happen, but it doesn't need to be re posted in every section of the forum.

If its vengeance your out for which do you think causes more pain, distress etc for the accused, to be put out of his misery in a matter of minutes or to be either in solitary for years which has its own psychological consequences or to be released into the general pop with your crime known. The person in colorado who did this also severely injured children, offenders who commit crimes against children in prison are the lowest of the low and are treated as such by the other inmates, they do not have a very long life span in general pop and/or are subjected to inmate justice for years

Well, you do have to admit, if someone else in the theater was armed, perhaps the shooter wouldn't have been so successful?

Also, there are stupid people in the US, but there are lots of stupid people here too. (A gunman in Toronto just shot like 19 people killing 2 of them) I still think Canada is a better place to live, but as a whole, Canadians are eerily similar in more ways than we care to believe. We just like to hate on the US because we have been living in their shadow for so long. (Not anymore!!! Hows that economy doing down there suckas??!!! lol) They are kind of like our older A-hole brother. When it comes down to it, they are still our closest friend.

Archived