The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan has begun to visit/meet with teams for his services

I would, he's the piece we need, it's either offer him big money and get exactly what we need, or else walk away and have Raymond in the top 6 and fair in the playoffs.

I would do it anyday, all that matters is the cup, and we have to do whatever it takes to win it. so if we have the cap space, get it done.

The Nucks need him as a mentor to show hwo to play with heart and not dive and whine your way to success.

Sundin helped Kesler be a better player, now he needs Doan to teach him how to play like a man!

I see Doan as someone who woule read the riot act in the dressing room if guys were pulling some of the embarrassing garbage we saw against LA last year. He's also big enough and mean enough to back it up!!!

The Nucks need him as a mentor to show hwo to play with heart and not dive and whine your way to success.

Sundin helped Kesler be a better player, now he needs Doan to teach him how to play like a man!

I see Doan as someone who woule read the riot act in teh dressing room if guys were pulling some of the embarrassing garbage we saw against LA last year. He's also big enough and mean enough to back it up!!!

To all the haters, when did I ever say that this team is good enough to win the cup?

Clearly, this club has a glaring hole in the top 6 that needs to be filled. But if the price for Doan exceeds the realm of reason, its silly. Overpaying in order to get the cup is a MUST in many cases. But i'm not sold on the fact that Doan, at the age of 35, being a player who is very physical and gritty (wear and tare on his body), is the right guy to overpay on.

Nonetheless, I hope Mike Gillis and Co. will do what they can to land him.

Within reason.

To all the haters, when did I ever say that this team is good enough to win the cup?

Clearly, this club has a glaring hole in the top 6 that needs to be filled. But if the price for Doan exceeds the realm of reason, its silly. Overpaying in order to get the cup is a MUST in many cases. But i'm not sold on the fact that Doan, at the age of 35, being a player who is very physical and gritty (wear and tare on his body), is the right guy to overpay on.

Nonetheless, I hope Mike Gillis and Co. will do what they can to land him.

Within reason.

If the Canucks sign Doan to a 5.5 mil contract or around that amount then I would look at the Luongo trade being more of a cap dump then a hockey trade. But other teams have more cap space then the Canucks right now so I don't see Doan signing here. Maybe Detroit as a dark horse.

"Let's narrow this list down and take a hard look at a few of the ones that you really feel like there's a really good fit now that you know who's interested and be fair to the clubs that you might not have as much interest in and let them know that they should go a different direction," Bross said of what he plans to tell Doan. "That's probably the next step, and I'm hopeful that Shane will be open to going down that path by the weekend."

Archived