The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan has begun to visit/meet with teams for his services

So he fought Brown, Kubina, and Morrow. Great.

Nolan fought Odjick. Lucic fought Orr. Doan fights every now and then, against people who Bieksa could KO if given the opportunity. Doan is not really a pugilist. Power forwards should be heavyweight pugilists who are look for trouble with other heavyweight puglists in between the whistles.

I don't think you do if you think Power Forwards are not supposed to be mean SOB's in between whistles who rack up fighting majors.

For as long as I remember, fighting was a part of a power forwards game. But in recent years, a new era of fans want to reclassify the term "power forward".

Doan is a class act and a great player. But when you think power forward, you think guys like Neely, Lucic, Iggy, and Nolan. Guys like Doan use their size well-yes, but so do guys like Franzen. Franzen is not a power forward.

Nolan fought Odjick. Lucic fought Orr. Doan fights every now and then, against people who Bieksa could KO if given the opportunity. Doan is not really a pugilist. Power forwards should be heavyweight pugilists who are look for trouble with other heavyweight puglists in between the whistles.

I don't think you do if you think Power Forwards are not supposed to be mean SOB's in between whistles who rack up fighting majors.

For as long as I remember, fighting was a part of a power forwards game. But in recent years, a new era of fans want to reclassify the term "power forward".

Doan is a class act and a great player. But when you think power forward, you think guys like Neely, Lucic, Iggy, and Nolan. Guys like Doan use their size well-yes, but so do guys like Franzen. Franzen is not a power forward.

don`t know if this would help in your debate but Wikipedia define`s power forward as a loosely applied characterization of a forward who is big and strong, equally capable of playing physically or scoring goals and would most likely have high totals in both points and penalties.[1] It is usually used in reference to a forward who is physically large, with the toughness to dig the puck out of the corners, possesses offensive instincts, has mobility, puck-handling skills,[2][3] may be difficult to knock off the puck[4] and willingly engage in fights when he feels it's required.[5]

. Power forwards should be heavyweight pugilists who are look for trouble with other heavyweight puglists in between the whistles.

Canucks are one of the oldest teams in the league last year, we have gone to a finals. Everyone on are current roster knows what it feels like to loose the cup. We do not need any mentors, as everyone on are roster has battle wounds and the taste of bitterness in their mouths. Shane Doan.... All pass unless its a one year contract at 5 million. Burrows and Elder need to be resigned. Doan takes that money away.

Canucks are one of the oldest teams in the league last year, we have gone to a finals. Everyone on are current roster knows what it feels like to loose the cup. We do not need any mentors, as everyone on are roster has battle wounds and the taste of bitterness in their mouths. Shane Doan.... All pass unless its a one year contract at 5 million. Burrows and Elder need to be resigned. Doan takes that money away.

We went to the finals, but obviously some players didn't learn anything.

And we brought in Booth, who had his first year in a true hockey market.

Doan could do absolute wonders with Booth, wonders with Kassian, and hopefully even wonders with Kesler to stop him acting like a little bitch.

The money we need to spend on Burrows and Edler will come from not re-signing Raymond, Malhotra, Alberts, and trading Luongo.

I have to stop you right there. Forget about what the sedins are making. This isnt just about goals and points, which Doan will get plenty of on our team, its about character, strength and leadership on the ice. We were floundering out there last year. No on ice presence to rally the team when things are low, to mentor Kesler and to take the pressure off of the sedins. Shane Doan is a one of a kind player. Big, very strong and has the mental toughness that only a handful of players in the world possess. Keep an open mind.

Put me on the list of guys who think ur dead wrong. . . Doan is a power forward, you're describing a goon

There may b the occasional power forward who will also fight heavyweights but by your definition, there's probably only a couple of power forwards in the league

Archived