The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan has begun to visit/meet with teams for his services

Doan is only worth it for 4 mil or under a season. Canucks could definitely use his heart and size in the top 6 but he doesn't fit the Canucks style (speed and puck possesion) or needs ( playmaking ability) IMO. He is being pumped up right now because of a weak UFA market. This team needs to continue to get younger not older, who know what will happen with the Luongo trade, Gillis might end up taking on more salary to ensure a decent return, so the Canucks cannot afford to pay Doan what he will most likely get.

Doan is only worth it for 4 mil or under a season. Canucks could definitely use his heart and size in the top 6 but he doesn't fit the Canucks style (speed and puck possesion) or needs ( playmaking ability) IMO. He is being pumped up right now because of a weak UFA market. This team needs to continue to get younger not older, who know what will happen with the Luongo trade, Gillis might end up taking on more salary to ensure a decent return, so the Canucks cannot afford to pay Doan what he will most likely get.

Agreed. I think Gillis' main goal is to bring back a young center prospect. He has no one up and coming other than Guance who could possibly yet make a case for the first line one day (basically a gamble). If we free up cap space from the Luongo trade as well as dumping Ballard, and Raymonds contract being up next year. I feel they can still resign Burrows and Edler while being able to make a pitch for Doan.

I find it funny to speculate about how much a player is worth...

To me getting a player like Doan adds a dimension we lack and gives AV new options.

You really think Doan wouldn't have responded when Sedin was used as a punching bag in the final?

I also think our own players would be held to a higher standard with Shane in the room.

I say the Canucks win the series with a Doan in the line-up!

Adding leadership is always a positive and as long a Shane has desire he is a huge asset.

Honestly if Doan’s agent said he wants to play for the Canucks I'd open the vault for him.

You know how much a cup winning team will make the owners, I can only speculate it will be far more than Shane would make over the length on a contract.

But really does he want to play here?

I doubt it, Phoenix is his 1st choice IMO after that I'm not sure but I don't think we're the lotus land for players that we fans seem to think.

If what I'm hearing is correct, and Doan is checking out practice facilities and the cities themselves, we're going to be in pretty good shape. Don't we have one of, if not the best practice facility/staff/etc. in the NHL? And as long as he's here on a sunny day im sure it won't be hard to fall in love with Vancouver

If what I'm hearing is correct, and Doan is checking out practice facilities and the cities themselves, we're going to be in pretty good shape. Don't we have one of, if not the best practice facility/staff/etc. in the NHL? And as long as he's here on a sunny day im sure it won't be hard to fall in love with Vancouver

He will be getting a tour from each team. It will include the city itsef along with the facilities, opportunity to win a cup, personnel, his role, the coach, owners etc.

It could boil down to who his linemates will be or teh style of the coach as much as the city or training facilities. Who knows what he is looking for.

People keep saying we're so hard-up for cash against the cap.

SO incorrect.

#1 Ryan Kesler is on IR

#2 Roberto Luongo WILL be traded, and his contract along with it,

#3 We still have 3.2 million remaining in cap space without making any other moves.

I find it funny to speculate about how much a player is worth...

To me getting a player like Doan adds a dimension we lack and gives AV new options.

You really think Doan wouldn't have responded when Sedin was used as a punching bag in the final?

I also think our own players would be held to a higher standard with Shane in the room.

I say the Canucks win the series with a Doan in the line-up!

Adding leadership is always a positive and as long a Shane has desire he is a huge asset.

Honestly if Doan’s agent said he wants to play for the Canucks I'd open the vault for him.

You know how much a cup winning team will make the owners, I can only speculate it will be far more than Shane would make over the length on a contract.

But really does he want to play here?

I doubt it, Phoenix is his 1st choice IMO after that I'm not sure but I don't think we're the lotus land for players that we fans seem to think.

Archived