The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan has begun to visit/meet with teams for his services

Lol

How naive are you.

If his price tag exceeds 5.5 mil, Gillis just packs it in and leaves. If you would give a 35 year old as much or more money than Sedins when his production is trending downwards....

I'm just glad you arent the GM.

I'd do it for a one year deal, since we have that ability this year if Luongo moves (or we clear space elsewhere), but when Edler and Burrows are due raises next season we could be potentially left handcuffed as if Sundin had accepted the original 2 year deal.

Doan wants a few years, so we can't offer the moon - especially with it being a +35 contract.

I believe the reason he is in New York is because he is part of the CBA negotiations... I'm sure he'll go for dinner with the Ranger's GM / Coach but I don't think he's in New York to "visit with teams"...

New York is way too far away from Pheonix no way he goes anywhere in the east..

Mats was offered an outrageous contract when we had a tonne of cap space. The two scenario's are totally different in that respect.

It isn't about how much cash Aquilini shells out, it's about how can we make it fit in our salary structure when we're clsoe to the cap.

He could mentor Kassian, no doubt. But IMO, Doan is not a true power forward. This is one of the many points I annoy people over.

IMO a real power forward looks for trouble in between the whistles. Always ready to fight. Like Lucic. Doan can fight--sometimes.

I'd say he is more of a big forward. That is also something this team could use in their top six. Someone who isn't just big, but plays big.

He could mentor Kassian, no doubt. But IMO, Doan is not a true power forward. This is one of the many points I annoy people over.

IMO a real power forward looks for trouble in between the whistles. Always ready to fight. Like Lucic. Doan can fight--sometimes.

I'd say he is more of a big forward. That is also something this team could use in their top six. Someone who isn't just big, but plays big.

I think all of you should be the first to know I have tabled a competative offer to Doan's agent who has not not expressed interest. Multi-year deal to clean up around my house and do yard work so I can spend more time on CDC.

Clearly, this club has a glaring hole in the top 6 that needs to be filled. But if the price for Doan exceeds the realm of reason, its silly. Overpaying in order to get the cup is a MUST in many cases. But i'm not sold on the fact that Doan, at the age of 35, being a player who is very physical and gritty (wear and tare on his body), is the right guy to overpay on.

Archived