The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Kane embarrassed by drunk photos

Tystick

Is it fair to think that Kane is required to feel embarrassed? No, probably not. However, it is good that he feels this way.

Many have mentioned that the average 23 year old has acted this way. This is true, however it isn't justification for Kane, as he isn't your average 23 year old. Kane is being put in a position of responsibility that most 23 year old men do not have.

If you're a construction worker, its probably okay to get drunk on the weekend, post photos on Facebook, and your boss won't say boo. However, if you are a teacher, you are held to a different standard of conduct.I think the same should be expected of Kane. He is part of a multi-million dollar organization that has standards of protocol that all players are expected to uphold. Kane didn't, and that is probably why he feels embarrassed. He is being paid millions of dollars to perform at an elite level. Getting that wasted, even in the offseason, should not be the type of behaviour he wants to make a regular habit.

Cause it's unprofessional, and it gives him and his a team a bad image. Can you imagine if that was a Canuck? The entire NHL fan base will label us not as divers, but classless party ass drunks, who treats women as images.

I think it's time for you to retire from this message board, can't remember last time I've seen a decent post from you.

If you think getting drunk while you're in your 20's and taking some "drunk" photos is bad, then you are one boring person.

You know the drinking age is 21 in America right? He's only been legal for a couple years, chill out.

I guess he has to break someones neck for you to like him.

Getting blackout-drunk on such a regular basis is not a good idea for a professional ATHLETE.

I'm sick of people saying, "So what, he's just acting like any other normal 23 year old." BS. I was a lot smarter than that when I was 23. And he's a professional athlete with a multi-million dollar contract. He needs to stop acting like a kid.

Even if you don't think his behavior is embarrassing, you have to admit it's not the smartest thing to do when you're an athlete and you need to be in your top physical shape to earn your paycheck every night you get on the ice.

As you're not bothering to read your PMs so my response to you would not appear to be derailing the thread:

Hysterically%20Laughing.gif

First: You obviously need to get out of General Hockey Discussion and Canucks Talk a little bit more.

Second: I said he should be embarrassed for the drunken pictures, I don't recall saying anywhere in that 4 word sentence that him drinking was bad. He should be embarrassed for having drunken photos taken of himself in public when he represents a multi-million dollar corporation no matter where he is or no matter what he is doing in public. It makes him look like an idiot and when you add in the reports of his behavior while drunk and during the picture taking.....well, not much more needs to be said, does it? Reading comprehension, dude, reading comprehension, it would serve you well. And how interesting that 9 others in the thread agreed with my sentiments yet I'm the only one you singled out. The lone female. How utterly special.

Third: Nice shot with the jab at the username. :rolleyes: How old are you? I don't have to justify my username from 2003 to you or anyone else.

Speaking of 'chilling out'...perhaps you should take your own advice? Really, all this vitriol and personal attacking over 4 small, innocuous words that others have echoed as well only in a longer line of words?

On topic:

As I said back on page 1 "Good, he should be"

I think it's time for you to retire from this message board, can't remember last time I've seen a decent post from you.

If you think getting drunk while you're in your 20's and taking some "drunk" photos is bad, then you are one boring person.

You know the drinking age is 21 in America right? He's only been legal for a couple years, chill out.

I guess he has to break someones neck for you to like him.

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the Hawks to force Kane to stay sober during the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that already.

That being said, he's done worse things and there have been worse drunk photos of famous people. At least he's aware that his drinking is causing a fuss.

There's just something about pro athletes and drinking and partying. Unless they're celebrating a win, it seems as though the folks who like to have fun are the folks who struggle. Maybe coincidental. Probably coincidental, especially if Kane struggles this year. But a friend from Comox told me about his friend's roomie Ty Wishart. Apparently he partied and got drunk every night, and now he's a bust.

Since it was the end of their season, I guess Kane gets a pass this time around. But it definitely scares the crap out of Hawks fans and makes them wonder whether he'll stop come September.

I'm sure Kane isn't the lone hockey player partying hard a few times in the off season. Kane's problem is who he chooses to party with and how he does it. Kane needs to show better judgement and realize how much the public spot light is on him (which he honestly should know by now). The team doesn't need this negative attention, but they're not about to give up on Kane as he's a big part of the team. However, I don't see Kane getting too many more chances. Hopefully Kane can use this latest off season embarrassment as motivation to grow up and prove his doubters wrong next season.

Archived