Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Chess Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

That's our game board. Anyone want a go?

EDIT: To clarify on some rules...

No signup needed. Hop in whenever; you're free to participate. Anyone can make a move at any time; first come, first served. You cannot, however, double team. Once you've moved for either white or black, you're only allowed to move for that same team until a new round is started.

Please don't try to disrupt a game (don't mess around with the board, show some common sense, etc). :) That said, not every post needs to include a move. Semi off-topic posts are perfectly fine, we're all here to enjoy ourselves after all.

I'd appreciate it if you guys don't change your moves after they're made by using the edit button. It's okay to edit a post to fix the board if you messed something up and didn't realize it, but once a move is made it should be final. This is chess. Obviously this can't be strictly enforced, more of a trust thing. Thanks!

Also, no hacks.

Rules will be expanded when necessary, feel free to make suggestions on them/send me an angry PM regarding the matter. I'm sure I missed something. Please also feel free to ask for clarification on anything in here if you're unsure about it. Most of it is probably very poorly worded.

Edited by One one two, 21 July 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#2 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

.......♙.....
♙♙♙♙..♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Edited by Tanev, 21 July 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#3 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

♜....♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
.......♞

.......♙.....
♙♙♙♙..♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

#4 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

white = e4

Black = k c6

white = k c3

Edited by Drybone, 21 July 2012 - 07:28 AM.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.