The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ed Willes' Tweets on Gillis/Weber

King of the ES

Whatever, I'm not going to bother. What you're suggesting is that teams have the power to automatically bring RFA's into their organization simply by doing up an offer sheet and sending it, just like that. Clueless.

id rather give up gaunce, jensen, schroeder and this years first round pick then edler, tanev, booth and two first rounders

the term i really dont care about because he is 26 so he would only be 40 when its over....im not crazy about the bonus money though but the canucks make plenty of money and they were prepared to give weber big money but phi beat'em to it

From my understanding, Nashville can still trade Weber's rights until the 7 days to match has expired. Its presumed Poille is negotiating with the Flyers to see what they can work out, and the Flyers will be offering as Nashville has the option to match. names batted about; Grossman, Coutierre, two first and?

There is also nothing stopping the Canucks from offering a package???

To me Edler (if Poille can signe him), Booth, Schroeder and two first is more attractive and fills our needs, assuming either Jensen of Kassian can crack the line up on the right side?

<_<:bigblush: Hmmmmm, and we WOULD match Phillies offer sheet!

Considering the first 4 years of the deal are setup as $13M in signing bonuses and $1M in actual salary, Weber would be guaranteed the $13M and lose the $1M in case of a lockout. That means the owner makes nothing from ticket sales or concession revenues and anything else associated with the games but Weber still gets 93% of the money from the first season of his contract without having to do anything. Then he gets another 93% of the next year of his contract paid out before having to play any games in that season. That's not chump change.

26million in the 1st year, 80million in first 6yrs and 110million over all say hi!

You don't care you aren't the one who has to write a cheque for 26million bucks next year.

Oh and you probably complain that tickets to the game cost too much too right? Imagine if they signed him what happens to ticket prices then? Yup the team needs to pay that 110million some how.

So yeah no thanks to Weber and that deal.

just venting....we still havent seen the starting night roster for the canucks but right now things are a little murky and im getting sick of rumours and speculation, i want something real..something that we can sink our teeth in and enjoy

This is why I really hope NSH does NOT match; it'd be hilarious to see Gilman try and dance around this one.

BZ: Lawrence, in light of the Flyers landing Shea Weber, do you think that it may have been an idea to throw an offer sheet his way?

LG: Um, well, er, we're really happy that we were able to land Jason Garrison, he, er, was who we had targeted all along, and, um, we just think that, uh, he'll be great moving forward...

Schultz wasn't going to get the minutes he was after and in his shoes, I might just want to play with all of the talent in Oiltown for a few years; they're going to be scary.

Garrison should be a good replacement for ol' Sammy but... How has it been going for the last 2 or 3 guys he got from Florida?

Oh yeah, Booth, Bitz and Ballard, how's that going guys? Disappointed?? Yeah, me too.

Granted MG didn't lose in the Booth trade, he's just not what I hoped he was.

Archived