The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Man of Steel" (July 2013), Produced by Christopher Nolan; The Official Superman Reboot Thread *NEW TRAILER*

With the enormous success of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy, fans of the DC Comics universe are now anticipating the release of Warner Bros' franchise reboot of the publisher's other iconic superhero, Superman. The first film in the new Superman franchise has been titled Man of Steel, and is currently being developed under the guidance of Nolan and David S. Goyer, both of whom were heavily involved in the direction of the recent Batman trilogy. Goyer previously wrote the screenplays for all three of Nolan's Batman films, and has now provided the screenplay for this film.

Zack Snyder of 300 and Watchmen fame is directing the new film, while Goyer and Nolan have written its screenplay and story. Hans Zimmer, who provided the score for the recent Batman trilogy, will compose the soundtrack for the new Superman film. The film stars Henry Cavill as Clark Kent, aka Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, Russell Crowe as Jor-El, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, and Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent.

Man of Steel is set to release on July 14, 2013. Many fans are hopeful that the Superman franchise will receive the same Nolan treatment Batman was provided, and many believe this film could redefine the character. The tone appears to be much different from previous Superman films, and the original John Williams theme will not be used. The teaser trailer debuted in cinemas across the globe yesterday, marking the end of Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy and the beginning of his and Snyder's new Superman project.

The final trailer has been released:

Full Trailer #3:

*NEW (May 21, 2013)*

General Zod Trailer

Man of Steel

July 14, 2013

ManofSteelFinalPoster.jpg

Oh man...looks a little too emo for me. That was my major problem with the last film. Superman is not an emo charcter. Batman is a moody and dark character, Superman just comes across like a whiny teenager when they try and turn him into a brooding character.

Saw the teaser at TDKR yesterday, I thought it was a pretty effective teaser. Not trailer, but a teaser. Ever since I read reports of the actors being cast in this film, I've been skeptical (it didn't help that Superman Returns was terrible too). I still kind of am to be quite honest, but the teaser seemed like it previewed the tone of the movie, one I didn't really expect but am intrigued with. The teaser sets a darker and more serious tone to the movie that I imagined for it, but it's nice. It really seems to preview the journey that we'll see Superman/Clark go through during the movie, a man who's searching for answers as to who he his and his role in the world as an outsider with superhuman abilities.

There's Comic Con footage out there on the net too that is more like at trailer and more scenes so you can look that up if you guys want.

I'm very excited for the movie. I watched TDKR last night and saw the teaser.

I was hoping that it would be the trailer they showed at ComicCon :P From what I saw in the teaser, it looks like Snyder and co are taking this movie seriously. I'd be happy if it was as good as Batman Begins.

Cant we get a Flash movie? Or heck, a Wonder Woman movie? For sure, i'm going to watch this, but honestly, i simply do not want another Superman movie if it's not going to be tied in with a possible Justice League movie.

And i heard they're going to reboot the Batman franchise (I guess it's a good idea if they're going to do a Justice League movie) but my god, can they focus on others of their superheroes before producing another Batman movie after the Nolan's trilogy?

Archived